Surviving without Fishy

Forever ✿⊱╮

Funerals are meant to bring closure, right? Not for you.

After Donghae's funeral, all you did was cry. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk spent  different days at your house,  trying to comfort you because they knew that you and Donghae had to be the closest amongst them all. Life seemed so different knowing that someone you loved was no longer living amongst you. Every time your heart beat, you felt an aching pain, wishing that Donghae was there to make it go away, like he usually is. But, that's no longer going to happen. You have to learn to live without your Fishy.

The day you guys left the hospital, they called you telling you that the crash was most likely caused by drunk driving. But, since the guy was knocked out when they found him, they cannot be sure.They told you that if the police could find a bit more evidence at the scene, he could be charged with DUI and manslaughter.

You never forgot what Donghae told you about the guy in room A-47. Days after his funeral, you and Eunhyuk went up to the hospital to go talk to him.

When you approach the desk, the woman typing on her computer stops when she sees you two. "How may I help?" she asks, batting her eyelashes at Eunhyuk.

You notice what she was doing and you give her a weird look. Is she trying to flirt with Hyukjae? you questioned yourself.

"Hi...we're here to see the guy in room A-47?" he gave her a kind smile.

She responded well to his smile, and got up from her desk chair, slowly picking up her clipboard and pen while giving your friend a seductive look in the eye. "Right this way," she purred, purposely rubbing her arm past Eunhyuk when trying to get past him.

He smiled shyly at her and followed.

You couldn't lie; the way that girl was flirting around with Eunhyuk did make you kind of jealous. Though the last time you two have ever done anything romantic was when you were in the 9th grade, sometimes you still think about what would happen if you two went back dating.

While the three of you were walking down the hallway, the front desk lady kept a conversation going with Eunhyuk. It was like you weren't even there...and it kind of irritated you.

"So, what's your relationship to the young man?" she asked Eunhyuk while smiling like an idiot.

"Oh, we aren't related to him," Eunhyuk blurted before you could, "he caused our friend's death. We just want to talk to him, and tell what our friend wanted him to know before he died."

She held her chest in sympathy. "Oh...I'm so sorry..right this way." she started to speed up her pace when walking, turning a few corners and finally stopping at a door marked "A-47."

This was the place.

She slowly opened the door, and there is a guy, sitting up, flipping through television channels, looking as healthy as ever. He whips his head around at you both and his eyebrows curve in due to curiosity. "Who are you two?" he asked, very mean and plain. Eunhyuk lets out a soft sigh, knowing that this is going to be a long visit already.

"Hello sir..." he bowed to the guy, "I know you don't know us, but, we're friends of the guy that you got into an accident with."

Once those words left Eunhyuk lips, his eyes lit up. "OH! The hospital told me about him! Poor guy died, didn't he?" He shook his head in pity.

"Yeah...so we'd like to tell you a few things," Eunhyuk started out as he pulled two chairs up for you and him to sit down. "First off...that guy that you killed...he was a really good friend of ours. He was kind, generous, and a really good listener...we miss him very much..." Eunhyuk's voice trailed off.

"Yeah, well, you know what I miss?" the guy answered a bit loudly, "real food. Hospital food is the worst. And not to mention, I fractured my ankle and got a few cuts on me." he laid his head back, still flipping through TV channels looking as bored as heck.

You stared at him hard. Why isn't he showing any sympathy or remorse for his wrong doing!?

Eunhyuk ignored his ignorant comment. "So,..what happened that night? Where were you? What were you doing before you drove off?"

The guy stopped flipping through TV channels and slowly turned his head towards Eunhyuk. "I dunno...at the bar, got a few things to drink, and I drove off...there, are you happy? Why do you need to know these things, anyway? What I do is none of your business."

Eunhyuk bit his tongue, trying not to lash back at the young man, but you couldn't help yourself.

"It's a question, sir. To see what you might've done to cause our friend's death." You crossed your arms.

"What I might've done? I don't think your friend being dead has to do with me. If he'd been careful, he wouldn't have gotten hit, right!? This is why people need to watch the road!"

You raised an eyebrow at his comment. Was he already beginning to blame Donghae for his own death?

Before he could continue to blabber on, you stop him. "What do you mean, 'this is why people need to watch the road?' " you asked, trying to be calm.

" I mean people need to watch what they are doing! Sure, I might've done something wrong that night, and I should've been careful, but do you think he would've gotten hit if he'd been careful too?" he rolled his eyes at you before returning to look at the TV screen.

You stood there, in shock of what you heard. You glanced over at Eunhyuk, and he too was giving the guy a look of anger and confusion.

"So," you began, grabbing the guy's attention again, "what you're saying now is that Donghae's death is more his fault than yours?"

Your heart thumped with every word.

"Well...yeah!" he exclaimed while nodding. You took a while to let all that he said soak in before slapping the remote out of his hand. He flinched in pain.

"What the hell is your problem!? You drive drunk, and yet you don't take responsibility for it!? Thanks to your careless actions, my BEST friend is dead! He's gone FOR LIFE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME!?" 

Eunhyuk held out his hand in front of you. "______, please, be calm!"

You paused for a moment, pinching the bridge of your nose and letting the tears escape from your eyes.

"And...you know what else?" you cracked, trying not to weep just yet, "Donghae..." you took that moment to breathe in deeply before continuing, "...my best friend...wanted ME to tell YOU that he forgives you for your actions. He forgives you for killing him."

You gave the guy a deep, painful, sharp look in the eye, which he took in. 

"What's your name?" you questioned him flatly, tears still trailing down your cheeks.

"...Kim Jonghyun..," he responded, staring at you in fear.

You were really starting to scare him now.

"Well, Kim Jonghyun, I hope it makes you feel good to know that people like you tear apart friends, families and lives..." You paused again, starting to feel your voice quiver. You tired to scold Jonghyun some more, but you couldn't properly make out the words because of the pain you felt building up inside of you. Instead, you walked out of the room, into the hallway, around a few corners and out the door. Before you could reach the car, you felt someone grab you from behind.

It's Eunhyuk. He put both of his hands on your shoulders and spun you around so that you could face him. He softened his grip when he saw that you had tears streaming down your face.

 "______..." he began, "I know it hurts......and I miss Donghae too....but you must keep your cool. I'm sure that Donghae is looking down from heaven right now, not wanting you to cry for him. Remember when you cried in 12th grade for getting turned down from your dream college?"

Though he hated to bring it up, he had to.

You nodded, wiping away the tears from your eyes.

"And remember when Donghae told you that he didn't want to see you cry, EVER again? Well, do him a favor, and try to be strong for him...for us....okay?" His voice quivered at the end of that sentence, and his eyes started getting glossy and red.

He was on the verge of crying, too.

You stared into his light brown, glossy eyes and nodded again slowly before he pulled you into a tight hug.

You closed your eyes, loving the affection and care Eunhyuk was showing you.

After feeling all these days of sadness, loneliness and grief, he made you realize something that you were too blind to see before.

You're not alone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I have nothing against Jonghyun, you guys!!! my sister actually suggested that i use him, since i had no one in mind, so i did....

sorry if anyone disapproves of cursing, i don't really like it either, i only do it to make the story more interesting....