Coping

Forever ✿⊱╮

"Hello, miss ______," the consuler greeted you with  warm smile as you stepped into her office. You smiled back in an effort to not seem rude. Though you were and still are having second thoughts about doing this death conseling thing because you did feel fine, you did it for Eunhyuk's sake. You did hurt his feelings after all.

You took the chair behind you and sat infront of the counseler's desk, which was littered with pictures of  what looked like her family and friends, all outside during a picnik. Next to her family photos were miniature statues of God and angels, surrounded with glitter.

The woman takes her seat infront of you and holds out her hand, indicating that she wanted to shake. You stuck out your hand and it met hers reluctantly.

"Hello again miss _____. I am Dr. Frave, and I'll be conseling you for the next couple of weeks. Now, before I get started, I just want to ask you, what made you want to do grief counseling? Your friend died almost 2 months ago. One would think such a person as strong-looking as you would get over it by now?"

 

Strong looking? you thought, what does she mean by that?

 

You force out  small chuckle and a fake smile, already getting irritated by her comments. "I guess he was closer to me than I thought." you hint to her with you tone of voice that her comment omehwat offended you. Why does everyone want you to get over Donghae's death so quickly!?

Appearently, Dr. Frave took your hint and continued on with the session. "Well, first off in grief counseling, I'm going to ask you about your emotions. So, have you been overly angry, sad, or irritated very easily lately?" she crossed her arms in interest.

You thought back to when you and Eunhyuk were at the grocery store, nd how you lashed out at him, telling him that you wished he died in the car accident instead of Donghae. Lord knows you didn't mean any of it, but for some reason, when you said it at that moment, you meant it with all your heart. Of course, it died down when Eunhyuk showed his sensitive side.

 

"Well...there was this one time..."

"Yes?"

"Yesterday, acually. Eunhyuk; the guy who called your office signing me up for this whole thing? I lashed out on him..'.

"Really? What did you say?"

You took a deep breath in, now embarrassed by your past words. "I...I told him that...I wish he died in the accident...instead  of Donghae."

Dr. Fraves eyes widened. "Why would you tell him that?" she asked, still in a calm state.

"Because I was mad at him. We had an argument in the car over something stupid, and next thing I know, I'm an emoitonal volcano, just spilling out my angry hot lava on him. ...and what's funny is....I didn't think he'd get burned..."

Dr.Frave sighed. "Okay, well I see one problem... you have trouble controlling your emotions when your upset or angry. This may not be serious now, but if you brush it off like it's nothing now, it could turn into something serious later. So, what I want you to do whenever you feel like your about to explode it to take a deep breath in..." she paused and took in a deep breath,"and to let it out slowly. Don't rush it. The purpose of this is to let air into your muscles so it can calm your blood. Cool air will lower your tempture and slow your heart rate. If you are able to, lay down and listen to some calm music. Do you think you can that?"

You nod.

"Okay then. I think I will cut this session short for today so you can just go home and relax...maybe apologize to your friend..."

"Yes. Thank you Dr. Frave." You get up and bow before leving the office.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: yes it took me long to update for a short chapter. Srry to all my new subbies, thanks for reading :D