Over the phone

Forever ✿⊱╮

Ring Ring Ring.... Your house phone rings. You look at it in confusion; it's 11:00 pm at night and you normally don't get calls this late.

You pick up the phone, first checking out the caller ID. Your eyes light up when you find out it's Donghae whose calling, you're best friend in the entire world. "What's up, Donghae?" you ask, a smirk slowly spreading across your face. "Hi ________, my bestest friend EVER!!!" he exclaims on the other line. You can't help but smirk even more hearing his voice; he's so enthusiastic, which isn't unusual for him. He's been that way since you both met 12 years ago.

"Ha ha....you're Donghae alright," you reply, intrigued by his sudden enthusiasm. You're already forgetting to ask why he called so late.

But, as usual, he seems to read your thoughts, even if you aren't thinking them. Maybe it's just because you both have been best friends for so long.

"I bet you're wondering why I called this late at night," he says.

Your eyes widen, remebering that you did wonder that earlier. Man, how great is Donghae!?

"Yeah, I did wonder that!" You go from smirking to smiling now. 

Goodness, how do you do that Donghae? You think to yourself.

"Great, I had a feeling you were. Sorry for calling you so late, I just wanted to know if you could come by tomorrow afternoon? I have something to show you...I really cherish this thing, and I want to show it to you."

Now, you're curious and excited. Over the past 12 years, you and Donghae have exchanged numerous gifts, but you never heard Donghae tell you that the thing he wanted to show you or give you was something he cherishes.

Hearing that gave you instant butterflies.

"Really?" you ask him, your voice getting soft and light. He's really touched you by now.

"Well, yeah," he says, his tone of voice starting to match yours, "I feel like I need to show you this; it's the most beautiful thing I've come across...I've had it for years now, and I've never shown anyone...but, we've been friends for so long that I feel like if i show it to anyone, you should definitely be the first." he laughs nervously at the end of his statement, hoping he didn't make you feel awkward in anyway.

You, on the other hand, are completely touched by his words. You put your hand on you're chest, over you're heart, which aches from the love he's giving you.

"Oh Donghae, thank you! I can't wait for you to show me!" Your eyes are getting tears in them by now.

"Great, I can't wait to show you!"

"So what time is okay for you exactly?" you ask him, trying hard to sound like you're not gonna cry. You begin to use your free hand to fan away the tears of joy.

"Oh, anytime after 12 is fine with me. Just make sure you're here!!" Donghae's excitement is spilling through his voice. He honestly cannot wait to show you what he has. He's confident that you're gonna like it.

And you're confident as well.

"Okay then, I'll be there around 1." You tell him, slowly succeeding in trying to cover the saddness in your voice.

"Alrighty, then. See you tomorrow?" Donghae asks. You're sure he's smiling like crazy on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, tomorrow," you answer.

"Awesome. Talk to you later, then?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Bye."

"Wait, Donghae," you stop him.

Luckily, Donghae stayed on the line. "Yup?"

"I love you."

Donghae paused, his lips curving into a smile. "I love you more." And he hung up the phone.