~River Flows in You~

Forever ✿⊱╮

The next day, you are up and about, already excited to see what Donghae has in store for you. You keep a sharp eye on the clock, glancing at it, what feels like every second or so, monitoring each minute as if the world was going to end (It's 11:00 am). You sigh at the clock. You're angry at yourself for waking up so early, and angry at time for being so slow. Your eagerness is taking over your patience.

As you are sitting on the couch, watching TV, your cell phone vibrates on the coffee table next to you. You look at it, and reach over to pick it up. It's a text; and it's from Kim Heechul.

Heechul is one of those friends that loves to tease everyone. But, it's teasing you that gives him the most pleasure. Heechul, you, Donghae, and his friend, Eunhyuk have all been friends for 8 years. It all started in the 9th grade. You had a crush on one of his many guy friends: Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk had always been the nerdy, quiet guy that no one had ever paid attention to. You would sometimes talk to him and be friendly, but you both were never actually close.

Little did you know that behind that smiling face and that quiet, nerdy persona was a dude who could really rock the dance floor. He won your heart with those moves.

When you told Donghae about your little crush on Eunhyuk, he tried his best to get you both together (because he was THAT good of a friend!). His actions were working

​When the word got over to Heechul that you and his buddy, Eunhyuk, were potentially gonna go out, he tried his best to stop that from happening. He would sabotage your meeting places, send fake texts to you both, and spread rumors to all the 9th grade. He got what he wanted; soon enough, you and Eunhyuk both hated each other. But, all Eunhyuk could talk about was how upset you had made him, which drove Heechul nuts. He soon came clean, telling Eunhyuk that he had done the evil deeds to keep you both apart. Eunhyuk told you and Donghae what happened and Heechul apologized, causing all of you to become friends.

You open up the text from Heechul it read:

 

From: HeeHee

What's up ugly??? Haven't heard from you in a while, I'm assuming your dead??? haha how's it going? :)

 

​You smirk at his text. Heechul never fails to make you smile, even if it's making fun of you...most of the time.

​You text back.

 

​From:________

​Is that really a way to greet a friend? And I still love you, Heechul, even if I'm dead :D I've been great, how about you???

 

​You hit send and look back at the TV screen.

​Seconds later, your phone vibrates in your hand.

 

From: HeeHee

pretty good myself :D I'm having a gathering at mai house this Friday at 8:00 pm. Are you in???

 

​You read it and text back. 

 

​From:_________

​Heck yes, I'm in!!! It's been a while since I've seen, Teukie, Wookie, Hyukie, and all the others!!!!

 

​You hit send, and again, seconds later, your phone vibrates.

 

From: HeeHee

​Good, you better be in...or else...

 

You raise an eyebrow at his text. Was he just threatening you to come?? You laugh, knowing he's just kidding.

 

​From:________

Really?? Ur just gonna threaten me??? And what if i had said no???

 

You hit send and again, seconds later, your phone vibrates.

 

​From:HeeHee

Don't try me!!!!!>.< I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

 

You laugh aloud reading that. Heechul really hasn't changed since high school at all. You text back.

 

​From:_________

​LOL, don't hurt me, plz, Heenim...I'll be there, okay??? I promise.

 

You hit send and your phone vibrates again for the last time.

 

​From: HeeHee

Okay then, i'll be expecting you!!!! TTYL.

 

You text back an "okay" and "see you later" before shutting off your phone.

You set your phone back on the coffee table and whip your head around at the clock, hoping you killed a lot of time. It's only 11:30.

You sigh at how slow time is going and lay your head on the couch cushion hoping that TV makes time speed up a little bit faster.

 

​1 hour and 30 minutes later.

 

You are now in the car on your way to Donghae's house. You called him before leaving, letting him know that you are on your way. You eagerly enter his driveway and beep, letting him now that you were outside. Donghae, who was sitting on his sofa waiting for your arrival, opened the blinds and looked out of his window. He catches your eye when you get out of your car and you wave at him. He waves back and then runs to the front door. He opens it and watches as you take off your shoes and enters his house. He shuts the door behind you.

​When you walk in, you notice that Donghae's living room looks different that what you remember from a couple of months ago.

His carpet was a dashing bright red along with a large creme colored sofa that also had bright red bolsters resting at the ends of it. He had the words "love" carved in a stone plaque that hung above the fire place, which a had a gold border around it. Paintings of islands covered the walls.

"Like it?" he asks you, knocking you out of the hypnosis the room was giving you.

"Yeah," you turn to him and nod. "Well, let me show you upstairs." he takes your hand in his and he leads you up some marble steps just to the right of the living room.

​After walking down a long hallway, Donghae stopped at a white door with a radiant, crystal-clear handle. He opened the door slowly. "Why don't you check the inside?" he asked you. You walk in and gasp immediately.

In the corner of the room was a large, black piano. "I know how much you adore piano music," Donghae said to you, "and I've known this one very special piece for a long time. It's called 'River Flows in You' by Yiruma." Donghae walked in and took a seat near the keys. He pulled up the stray chair beside him and he gestured for you to sit there. You slowly walk over and take a seat next to him. As soon as you sit, he places his hands over the keys and closes his eyes. He begins to push down on multiple keys at a time. He started off sweetly and slowly, pausing at the right moments, pressing down on the pedals to enhance the sound. He soon starts to gather speed, hitting each key with the right amount of force to generate emotion in the song. You sit in amazement, watching how his fingers glide over the keys, so lightly and daintily that they look like they aren't even touching them. You then turn your attention to his face. His eyes are closed, obviously feeling the music, his lips are slightly pursed, and his posture is just breath taking.

At the end of the song, he opens his eyes and slowly takes his hands off the keys. He turns to you, then sees that tears are rolling down your face. "That was beautiful, Donghae," you tell him. He smiles lightly at you, then takes his thumbs and wipes the tears away from your face. He wraps his his arms around your waist and hugs you tightly, trying his best to calm you down. He turns his lips over to your ear. "This song is very special to me...and now, I'm gonna share it with you...whenever you are far from me, i want you to remember it, okay?" he releases you from the hug and looks into your eyes, taking his thumbs again and wiping away the tear stains. You nod.

​He smiles softy again and pulls you back into a hug.

​This song will surely stay with you for life.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

​I actually recommend you guys look up "River Flows In You" By Yiruma, I found this song like a year ago, and it's touched me greatly!!!

P.S. My twin sister is writing a cool fanfic check it out!!! :  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/259116