Out For A Stroll In Seoul

My Little Sister

Just as Ji Seong was about to get into bed there was a knock at the door. She padded over and opened it to see her brother standing there. He smiled when he saw her.

“Hey,” He said, his low voice gentle and soothing. “How are you?” She nodded.

“I’m good.” She said, because she was. He watched her for a few moments and then nodded, as if he was satisfied with her answer.

“And how’s school? Have you made any friends? The teachers aren’t being too hard on you are they?” Normally she would’ve rolled her eyes at his protectiveness but he looked anxious, almost guilty, so she just smiled and nodded.

“School’s fine oppa.” He nodded and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Look...” He sighed, wondering how he should say it, deciding on his usual bluntness. “I’ve got to go to Japan.” He blurted out and studied her face for a bad reaction. She swallowed, her expression remaining unreadable. “For solo promotions.” He added and eventually she nodded.

“How long for?” She asked.

“A week. But...I’ll phone you every night. If there’s a problem I can come straight back!” Ji Seong laughed; it was the first time he had heard her laugh since the accident. It comforted him.

“Oppa I’ll be fine, you don’t need to phone. I have the guys to look after me!” He nodded.

“I’ll make sure they do.” He said, his gruff voice sounding a bit intimidating with these words. He cleared his throat. “My flight leaves first thing in the morning so...I guess this is goodbye.” He leant down and planted a kiss on her forehead. She wrapped her arms around his neck before he could straighten up again and squeezed him tight.

“Goodbye oppa, have a safe flight.”

“Look after yourself won’t you.” She nodded.

“Of course. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” She smiled reassuringly as they broke apart.

That night Jiyong had to go to the studio to work on some music so Ji Seong spent the night alone for the first time. She wasn’t too nervous though. After not having the nightmare for a whole week, she’d convinced herself it was gone for good. If only.

“MOVE! UMMA! APPA! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!” Ji-Seong screamed at her parents from the back but they couldn’t hear her. Her dad noticed first and Ji-Seong felt sick as she saw the fear in his hazel eyes. Then her mum turned and horror filled her expression too. Tears streamed down Ji-Seong’s face as she saw her mother grab her father’s wrist as he desperately tried to turn away from the oncoming car but there was no time left and...

Ji Seong gasped as she sat up straight in bed, hyperventilating. She held her face in her hands as she tried to control her breathing and think clearly. It was almost pitch black in her room. Almost. There was a dim glow coming from a streetlight outside and as Ji Seong looked towards it she remembered her first night here. She sat there thinking for a moment before getting out of bed and pulling on a hoodie and some trainers.

*

Ji Seong shut the heavy front door behind her and looked out over the dark city landscape. It was very different being out on her own at night to being out with G-Dragon. She’d just followed him through the streets he’d seemed to know so well whereas she’d only been living here for a week. Which way had they gone that night? She knew that going right would lead her to the park and she didn’t remember seeing it when she was out with Jiyong so she turned left and began to walk.

10 minutes later and she was hopelessly lost. She hadn’t seen a single familiar landmark and had just been walking aimlessly hoping that at some point she would. And now she was in the middle of Seoul at night on her own without a clue where to go. She swallowed her tears and closed her eyes, trying to think rationally. WHAT WAS SHE GOING TO DO?

“Alright sweetheart” Leering from behind her caused Ji Seong to freeze.

“What are you doing out on your own so late at night?” Another voice from her left and Ji Seong cringed away, bumping into something to her right.

“Don’t worry darling, we’ll look after you.” The ‘something’ whispered in her ear and she squeaked, jumping away but she was surrounded and in the dim light from the stars and the streetlights she could see that they were all twice her size. As the first man grabbed her arm she swung a pathetic punch his way, earning her laughter from the other men. The guy holding her arm pulled her closer to him and she smelt the alcohol on his breath as her eyes filled with tears. There was no way she was going to get out of this. He placed a rough hand on her and she shut her eyes tight but to her surprise the hand fell again.

“Oi, get the hell out of here!” Came an angry voice and Ji Seong was immediately let go of as the guys cleared off. She opened an eye hesitantly to see them walking (pretty quickly) away and turning around she saw a good looking man in his early 30s walking towards her. She sighed in relief and bowed 90°.

“Thank you so much” She gushed as she straightened up, extending a hand which he swatted away.

“Ya, what do you think you’re doing out so late on your own? Do you want to get killed?” He shouted at her and she shrunk away.

“I-I couldn’t sleep I...I had a nightmare.” He scoffed.

“Well if you’re young enough to still be having nightmares then you’re too young to be out at night.”

“No I...” Ji Seong took a deep breath and explained about her parents. When she’d finished she looked up at him nervously and she saw him sigh as his face softened.

“What’s your name?”

“Choi Ji Seong.”

“Well Ji Seong. Come with me, you look like you need a drink.” She followed him in relief but frowned slightly when they came to a pub. Didn’t he know she was underage? She followed him in anyway because she had no other option and kept her head down as they passed through the loud smoky crowds. They came to a door and her saviour walked through so hesitantly she followed him and found herself in a stylish modern living room very different to the old style pub they’d come through. He noticed her looking confused and explained, “I own the pub. This is my house.” Oh, that made sense. He took his shoes off and she did the same, not entirely comfortable with being in a complete stranger’s house but preferring here to the cold streets of Seoul. And he had just saved her life. She followed him over to the kitchen area and he began opening the fridge and cupboards making a drink. He gestured for her to take a seat and she sat on one of the stools at the breakfast bar watching him. He really was good looking, like a celebrity. She realised she was still half in her pyjamas with bed hair and no makeup and cursed. She must’ve done so out loud because he turned to her with one eyebrow raised.

“Something wrong?” She shook her head and looked at the table, embarrassed.

A few minutes later and he placed a mug of hot chocolate in front of her. She smiled gratefully.

“Thank you.” She said as she took a big gulp.

“So,” He began, “Is walking the streets of Seoul alone at night a regular thing for you or...?” She shook her head.

“Aniyo! It’s my first time!”

“And last time.” He said sternly and she nodded. Wow, he was like a teacher! She finished her drink in silence and he rinsed it before heading back towards the door.

“Where are we going?” She asked and he looked at her as if it was obvious.

“I’m taking you back.” He said as he put his shoes back on. She did the same as she told him her address and then they both exited through the pub again. She noticed people parting respectfully as her saviour came through and she thought back to the way her captors had almost ran away from him as well. She frowned. They’d all been a lot bigger than him and it had been 4 against 1, but still they’d scarpered like they’d seen a ghost! As they walked quickly through the cool night air her hero turned to her.

“Ji Seong. If anything like that happens again – which it won’t because you’re going to be more sensible, ne?” She nodded vigorously. “Right but if it does, just say you’re friendly with Bi and you’ll be okay.” She looked at him unsure.

“Bi? Is that you?”

“No I’m Jung Ji-Hoon. But...they’ll know what you mean.” Ji Seong was confused but she decided to trust him and nodded.

*

Far quicker than it had taken her to get to the part of Seoul with Ji-Hoon’s pub, they arrived outside the dorm and Ji Seong saw Jiyong sitting on the step outside the building smoking. He jumped up when he saw them.

“Ji Seong? What are you doing?” He looked surprised to see her there and she supposed it was understandable.

“You know G-Dragon?” Ji-Hoon asked and she nodded.

“My brother’s TOP.” Ji-Hoon nodded and turned to Jiyong, explaining what had happened. Then he turned to Ji Seong and ruffled her hair.

“Don’t do it again.” He said sternly before walking back off into the night.

 

A/N: Yes, it's Rain *drools* Okay so I'm finally happy that my story's going somewhere, once you get past the first few awkward chapters it should be alright - I hope! Anyways, I've got a couple more subscribers so Imakissme and SoffyGD I loves you :3 Imma try and add 1 more chapter tonights so..yeah I hope you likes it~