Dancing

Super Junior SPY

I didn’t tell Suzi about my dream because I thought it would just leave my mind during the day. Throughout the morning I was worrying about the dance I would have to do with Eunhyuk, for me it would feel awkward. I tried to keep calm when we got to work. The producer showed me where the practice room was for the dancing. The room seemed empty but had a few chairs and a table. One side of the room was covered in mirrors and just stood there looking at myself. I was standing the same way I always stood when I was shy: body tight, one hand in a fist covering my mouth and the other across my stomach.

The silence was then interrupted when the door opened, it made me jump. Eunhyuk came in with his belongings and placed them on the table. He was setting up the music for a few minutes and then looked over at me.

“Here, I’ll show you the first part. We dance separately for this bit so watch closely.” He got up and went to the centre of the room. I sat on one of the chairs and watched. He made the dance look easy but I could tell it was going to be difficult, especially when we would have to dance together. He got me up off my chair and started to teach me the moves slowly.

I had finally learnt the first part after quite a while but now I was very tired. Eunhyuk placed his arm on my shoulder and brought me to one of the chairs, he sat next to me. I grabbed my bottle of water and tried to hide my face but Eunhyuk started up a conversation.

“I choreographed this dance myself.” He said while smiling at the floor. “I had already thought it up before the director asked me to put a dance in the film.”

I couldn’t help but stare at him; he was so passionate about dancing. After that short break, we carried on with the next part. We had to dance together but we were both shy about it at first until Eunhyuk placed his hands around my waist. I looked up at him and noticed his smile; it was the same look he gave me in my dream. I managed to get through this part of the dance and ended up forgetting about my dream. We were both making jokes throughout and were laughing at any mistakes we made. I was thinking of him as a good friend and I think he felt the same with me.

Over the next couple of days we carried on practicing the dance and making sure it was at a good standard. I felt more comfortable with my dancing and was trying my best to get it all right. On our last day of rehearsal we had gone over the dance a few times and during one run through we didn’t notice the members walk in. I was concentrating too much on getting it right. When we finished, there was a round of applause which startled me. They were all smiling and cheering for us. Siwon had a smile on his face which made me even happier.

 

It was now time to film our dance and it only took a few takes. After it was all over, Eunhyuk gave me a hug and thanked me for helping out. I then thanked him for teaching me so well. The other’s still had to do a few more scenes so I skipped over to Suzi who was sitting on a bench at the side.

“This film is going so well.” I said to her with a smile.

“I know, I want it to go on forever. I don’t want to leave this country.”

“Well, we don’t have to leave. We could convince our parents that we’d be fine living here on our own.” I tried to cheer her up.

“We’ve already spent quite a while here and we’re still in one piece.” Suzi exclaimed. She was now feeling a bit more reassured.

I never liked talking about the subject of leaving. However, that night my sister had phoned me. She told me that I might have to return to England for a while to see my family. I did miss my family but I was talking to them almost every day. My parents always seemed in a good mood but my mom never liked the idea of her daughters living in another country. She wanted us all to be close. I told my sister that I was still at work and couldn’t leave. She sounded upset and told me to forget it. As I placed the phone down, I felt bad for my family.

I sat in the bedroom on my bed thinking about what I should do. In the end it gave me a big headache so I went to get a drink. Suzi was sat watching a drama but never noticed my silent footsteps. As I returned to the bedroom I checked my phone. I had one new text off Siwon.

“I love you” It felt like he knew my thoughts.