First Day

Super Junior SPY

The apartment was lovely with spacious rooms and suitable kitchen equipment. Both Suzi and I weren’t too bad at cooking but I knew we’d have to buy some Korean recipe books. The bedroom had two single beds and a reasonable sized wardrobe. The walls were a light blue, making the whole room bright. Suzi pulled her suitcase through the door and slumped on to the nearest bed; she smiled and said she’d have that one.  When unpacking, we realised that we hadn’t spoken much about the actual Super Junior members so Suzi asked who I liked the most while raising her eyebrows. I turned away, blushing as there were some members who I found attractive but it was too embarrassing to say, considering we’d be working with them. So I tried to turn the question back to her and without hesitation she told me that she found Kyuhyun attractive. The conversation died down resulting in utter silence. In the end, we were too tired to talk so both went to sleep.

I awoke to the sound of Suzi’s alarm playing Super Junior’s song y, free and single. The morning was quiet but we managed to get up quite quickly, we had to look professional but it was good to have comfortable clothes (for running around). We had no food in the apartment so on our way to the set we grabbed some fruit and biscuits and decided to get more on the way back. The journey there wasn’t far but as we arrived so many people were rushing around, dragging cameras and pulling costume racks. It was the first day of filming so I guess everyone was nervous. There was no time for introductions as one of the producers rushed us into a dressing room. He gave us a few bits of paper each with instructions and left. The room was empty.

“Do you think we’re the only people helping the members?” Suzi said turning to me with a confused but excited look.

“I hope some more people are helping out, I don’t want to carry too many things at once.” I replied.

I looked down at my paper; the first task I had to do was to find a box with bottled water, located in a storage room. I saw Suzi peer over and she laughed at the blank face I was pulling. I quickly glanced at her paper which said that the members weren’t coming in for another couple of hours. However, Suzi still had to go and fetch all of the make-up and sort it out for each person so that would keep her busy. It didn’t take me long to find the water but as I was walking back to the dressing room I accidently bumped into someone. The bottles fell and I felt so sorry that I was too ashamed to look at the person. Eventually I looked up and saw Leeteuk helping to put the bottles back, I apologised again but he smiled and said everything was all right. He offered to carry the box but I said I was fine, we walked to the dressing room together and he told me he was early because he wanted to talk to the director about some changes to the script. We said goodbye at the door and I rejoined Suzi.