Special friend

It's My Choice [DISCONTINUED]

All the performances were done and all I could say was that all of them were just so romantic. There were even some of the male solos who went down the stage while singing and gave their crushes a red rose. How romantic all of the performances were. If only there was someone who did that to me.

I snapped out of my romantic teenage girl daydream when Ms. Jung called all of the contestants to come up the stage.

The results today would be made up of 60% of the audiences voting and 40% of the judges. I held my breath as Ms. Jung opened to announce.

~.~

I can't believe it.

My heart was still beating hard as we walked out of the hall. It was a nerve-wrecking time when Ms. Jung announced that the results weill be told secretly through private messages. What freaks me out the most is that no one is allowed to tell anyone if they were picked, even if they are our closest friends.

As I was mentally freaking out, an arm slung arounf my shoulders. I turned my head to the right and saw Aron grinning at me.

"Aigoo. Why do you look so stressed out, Megan?" He said as he ruffled my hair, "Just relax, okay? At least we tried our best."

I nodded slightly as a tiny smile formed on my face from remembering the magical moment when we were performing.

"Let's go eat at your favourite ice cream shop! I'll pay for everything until you can calm down." Suggested Aron as he gave a wide grin. He then pointed his fist forward. He seriously looked like Superman in that pose. I giggled to myself and skipped along.

Taeyeon suddenly came out of nowhere and slung her arm around my shoulders with a large grin plastered to her face.

"How about us, you self-centered friends?" She joked around as she squished my cheeks. The members of NU'EST were walking behind us with hope that they could come along.

"Alright. You guys can tag along," Said Aron, "But you guys have to pay for yourselves." He admitted and immediately ran away from the furious Taeyeon who was running after him.

~.~

The quietness of the ice cream shop was interrupted by the sounds of giggling and laughing the guys. We could feel the eyes of the customers in the shop on us.

We tried our best to hush ourselves from making too much noise, but what can I say, we're just some crazy high school students who can't keep our mouths shut.

Baekho found a spot for us to sit at the back corner of the shop where we wouldn't be able to disturb anyone with the volume of noise we were making. As we sat down in our places, the waitress came to our side and started to take the orders.

"Two chocolate, one vanilla, two mint and two strawberry ice cream please." Aron instantly said before any one of us could say. He looked at us and gave a grin. "I'm amazing, aren't I?" He boasted as he raised his hands to his shoulders. Minhyun elbowed him in the ribs and rolled his eyes.

As the waitress left our table, our heads immediately turned towards Ren with mischievious smiles. He was looking dreamily at the waitress, named Bomi, with a dreamy smile on his lips. He shifted his eyes back towards the table to find that the whole table was giving him looks. Weird looks.

We all knew that Ren had a huge crush on the waitress since the day the shop opened a month ago.

"W-What?" He asked, his lips shivered in embarrassment.

We turned our heads away and whistled as if nothing has happened. Baekho, on the other hand, had other things on his mind.

"I see that someone's got a crush on the waitress." Said Baekho with a teasing smile. He was rewarded with a really hard elbow in his ribs. We all bursted in laughter at the scene.

Watching the funny scenes of my friends playing around had really pushed out the worriness for the results out of my head. I looked at Aron who was playing around with his chocolate ice cream and putting some on Minhyun's face. 'He looks really cute.' My mind started to say.

I just realized what I thought about and smacked my head. 'Of course he's cute. In a friendly way, that is.' A small laugh escaped my lips.

"You alright?" I turned to see Aron asking me. Giving a sheepish grin, I waved my hands in front of me and said, "I'm alright. Just thinking. Hehe."

That's right. He's just a friend.

~.~

As the Sun started to set, we all headed our ways back to our respective homes. Aron had insisted to accompany me back to my house as it was getting dark.

I sat in the passenger seat of his car, enjoying the street lights that pass by.

"Do you think we'll pass the round?" I suddenly said. The feeling unsureness was worrying me.

A moment of silence filled the atmosphere. Was he unsure too? I turned my head to face him.

"We'll pass. I'm sure of it." Said Aron, his face full of confidence and seriousness. He gave a small smile and patted my head with one hand. "Don't worry about it, okay? Oh, we have arrived."

He stopped his car in front of the gates of my house. I got out of his car and turned towards Aron who had also gotten out of his car.

"Thank you for trying to cheer me up, Aron. You're the most special friend anyone would have." I said with a wide smile. Unintentionally, I wrapped my arms around his waist in a hug. To my surprise, he also hugged me back.

As we broke apart, he placed his warm hands on the side of my cheeks and before I knew it, he placed a light kiss on the top of my forehead.

"You're my very special friend too." He said before he got on his way back to his home.

Cheeks flushed, I buried my face into my pillow after I got into the house. I can't imagine how fast my heart was beating after that one interaction he made.

A beep from my cellphone awakened me from my imagination and caused a smile to creep up my face.


Really sorry for the late update. I got two stories to update. LOL.. What kind of excuse is that XD so, yeah.. Buhbye. My style of writing has changed, hasn't it? This is all because of my latest fic 'Reminisence'. XD Go check it out. click the link!