First Round (Part 1)

It's My Choice [DISCONTINUED]

A lot has happened since the day Aron and I have discussed about our performance. We had practiced really hard for the day. I had been hanging out a lot at Aron's place lately to practice and, well, we did pretty good. Taeyeon has been fussing about Minhyun everyday whenever she gets the chance. 

Well, today is the day. The day of the first round and the day the real battle begins for me. No. For all of us. 

 

"Megan! It's time to go to school!" My father shouted from downstairs.

"Okay, appa!" I replied. I looked at myself in the mirror and patted both my cheeks, before giving myself some spirit-lifting advice. I quickly reached for my black one-strap backpack and headed downstairs. I slipped into my black and white sneakers and dashed for the car. After closing the car door, my father immediately started up the car drove straight towards the school.

Upon arriving at school, a crowd of girls were crowding in front of the school gates. It was valentine's day today. I mentally smacked myself for not remembering this day. I got out of the car and walked into the school. The school was decorated beautifully for the first round of the competition, as well as fitting with today's event which was valentine's day.

There were bouquets of flowers in every corner and there were pink and white cloth as well as balloons hung onto the ceiling. I went to my locker and put all my stuff into it. A baby-pink letter flew out of my locker. As it fell onto the ground, I picked it up, curious on who sent it. I opened the envelope and read its contents.

 

Dear the beautiful you,

Our levels may not be the same,

Our personalities may differ too,

Well this sounds kind of lame.

 

Happy valentine's day,

I'd like to say,

Hope you will stay,

And take this as a gift if you may,

That I have loved you always.

Mr. M

 

What a lovely letter. Wonder who gave it. Mr. M eh? 

I put back the letter in the pink envelope and stuffed my things in my locker. Next stop, backstage.

 

I made my way to the backstage and met up with Taeyeon. She was doing her makeup in front of the big shiny mirror. I walked up behind her before she turned around and greeted me.

"Hey Megan! I was wondering when you'd show up." She said as she grinned happily.

"Well. I'm here now." I said and smiled back.

She hugged me and said that she was going to change her clothes. That's when it hit me. I was so busy rehearsing that I forgot about an outfit to wear.

As I was busy pulling my hair out, loud screaming, well, more like fangirling, could be heard from the outside.

I stood up and walked towards the door. NU'EST had arrived. Aron and Minhyun were wearing white tuxedos while the others wore the usual black ones. The place was hectic with the sounds of the girls fangirling over the guys. To make it worse, MBLAQ had made it into the building. Where do the girls get all that energy from?

I was busy watching them walk through the hall when Aron waved and smiled at me. I took notice and gave him a small wave and a smile back. It's good to know that they're not entranced in the popularity. MBLAQ and NU'EST bumped into each other in the hallway. 

Mir looked at me and suddenly winked before giving me his signature smirk as he walked away. I felt heat rising up to my cheeks. I put my hands up to my cheeks and smiled. I slid down to the floor and shook my head.

Taeyeon had came out of the dressing room and looked at me strangely.

"Yah." Taeyeon called out.

I looked up and quickly stood up. I faked a cough and looked at her. She looks gorgeous. She was wearing a white dress that reached right above her knees and wore a matching necklace with it.

"Wow." Was all that I can say.

"Thanks. Where's your outfit?" She asked. Well, that was unexpected.

"I- uh. It's- um.. I don't have one." I fidgeted and quickly closed my face and ears to avoid the babbling from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked at me. Her face showed that she was about to babble when suddenly.

"Delivery for, um, Megan Lee?" A voice said. It was a boy. I guess he was a contestant since he was wearing a dashing tuxedo. He was holding up a white box.

"I'm Megan Lee." I said as I raised my hand. I walked towards the charming boy. He held up the box and bowed before he left. I placed the white box on the table and raise the lid off. I took out it's contents.

I was a lovely white dress. It didn't have sleeves and there was a ribbon that would be tied around the waist. It was almost like Taeyeon's, only it has no sleeves. It was so beautiful. I looked into the box to find a note. It says,

Dear Megan,

I know that you've been practicing too much that you've forgot to buy an outfit. So, here's an outfit for you. I know it's not much, but it's wearable. Think of it as a token for hanging out with me. 

-Aron

I smiled sheepishly at the note. Oh Aron.

Taeyeon immediately pushed me into the changing room to change. After I finished changing, I opened the curtain of the changing room and spun around. The dress was a nice fit.

Before we could even talk more, the teacher in charge reminded the contestants that it was five minutes to starting. I quickly cleaned up and had my hair done by Taeyeon.

 

"Welcome everyone, to the first round of the Music Survival!" Ms. Jung announced as she received a round of applause from the energetic audience. It was a full house tonight. Every red seat was filled and there were also people standing at the back.

After the applause died down, Ms. Jung called the contestants to come up the stage and line up according to their sequence of performances.  Aron and I were number 5. I was kind of nervous to be on stage that night as the crowd was huge. Quietly, I noticed a hand slipping into mine and giving it a gentle squeeze. I looked to my right and saw Aron smiling gently at me. It was so hard to hold in the redness that was rushing to my cheeks. What's happening?

Come down, Megan. I thought to myself. Maybe it was the crowd. Yeah. The crowd.

 

First up was  JR and Seohyun. They both looked really great on stage. It was as if Seohyun was younger than JR, but in reality, she is a senior. Next was Taeyeon and Minhyun. Their song 'Closer' was really great. I could really feel the emotion in it.

I swayed to my left and right as I hear the song. The meanings were sweet yet sad for the heart. After that was Mir and G.O. The last time I asked Mir what he was going to sing, he said it was a surprise. Now that I am hearing it, I thought that it was perfect. It was called 'Even in my Dreams'.

The more they reached the end of the song the more nervouse I got. After this was Tiffany and K.Will's turn, then, ours... They'll be singing 'A Girl, Meets Love'. I couldn't focus on their music anymore. All I can feel is my heartbeat that's beating faster and faster as time goes by.

I didn't even notice Mir looking at me, only inches apart from my face. When I finally noticed, I felt as if I could die as his eyes were staring right at me. Thanks for nothing Mir.

"You gotta come down, you know." He said as he leaned back and looked down at me. I just realized that we were really different in height. Correction, I am the odd one.

"I'm trying to," I answered, "It's just so hard to imagine that there's a whole crowd outside there." I began to breathe heavily as the nervousness overcomes my system.

Suddenly, Mir placed his hands against my arms and gently rubbed them to calm me down. "Look at me." He said, a slight gentleness in his tone.

"Just remember that I'll be in that crowd. So don't worry, 'cause I'll always be there for you. Just relax, hmm?" He tried calming me down and I guess it worked.

 

I heard a loud cough from the left of us and saw Aron looking at us. He had his arms crossed as he glared at Mir.

Mir slowly let go of me as I try to distance myself sheepishly from him. I could feel my cheeks burning intensely from that moment.

"We're next." Aron said right after Mir left. He smiled softly and put his hands around me. "Don't worry, I'm here." He softly said and slid his hand into mine.

I don't know why, but I felt different when I'm with him. I try to shake off that thought out and smiled widely to Aron.

Well, here goes nothing.

 


 

So.. yeah.. *Hides behind barrier* Don't kill me yet!! Sorry!!! I know that I have sinned!!! Mian!!!! Sorry!! Asif!! Maaf!!! Gomen!!!! I am a horrible person... I know.. Just hang with me if you want to know the ending. (._. )