Chapter 9

My first and only love

Hongki's POV

 

Another class starts and I am about to enter the classroom, that is when someone calls my name and asks me what had happened about me. That someone is no other than Jonghun who I didn't see during morning class.I wonder where he went but there's no time to think about it since he's the one who calls me and asks me first.

"Hongki, why are you wearing Junhyung's clothes?"

I turned and met with two peaceful looks in his eyes.The most peaceful ones I had ever seen.I can forget all the bad things that happened this morning just by being looked by these eyes and being asked with full of care.He was such a quick person.He saw the name tag on the PE clothes Junhyung lent me.

"Erm..I collided with a student and his orange juice somehow spilled on my shirt and Junhyung who happened to be my first new friend here helped me by lending his clothes and so , that's how it happened "

I think I shouldn't tell him about how Wonbin and his gang did to me, I don't want him to feel pity on me..yeah,I don't want it. But I'm very grateful for asking me.I still want his care, his warmth.As a boy who works in their house,am I expecting from him too much?I don't know but I just wanted to be cared and caressed by someone who's so warm.

"Be careful Hongki, next time if something happens,you can tell me okay? " he patted my head and " Oh, and don't forget to return home early. I don't want you to be scolded by my mom." he ruffled my hair and entered the classroom. I was left there stunned by his action. Do I look like a child to him? I don't want him to treat me like a child.I don't want that but somehow it's rather better than being ignored by him.

I grinned cheerfully and entered the class.
 
In the class , I sat beside Junhyung and Jonghun was sitting in the front.There are about 2 lines between his and ours. I chuckled while Junhyung was paying attention to teacher's lecture. I was thinking about the short conversation between Jonghun and me. Junhyung heard my chuckle and whispered into my ears
 
"Hongki-ah, what's wrong?" "keke..nothing Junhyung-ah, just listen to teacher" I whispered him back but I continued my daydreaming about Jonghun. 
 
 
 
In the evening when the school ends, I packed my books and said goodbye to Junhyung and left the class quickly.Jonghun told me not to be late so I ran towards the gate and waited for IU to come out. After waiting for a while, IU came out with a friend beside her. When she saw me, she ran towards me
 
" Oppa, this is JaeJin,my new friend. JaeJin, this is my oppa Hongki " she introduced us.
 
"Hyung, nice to meet you. I'm also in the same class with IU. Can I ask her to follow to my house today? I was asking for her to tutor me as my grades are so bad."
 
"Oppa, can I tutor him? My teacher also asks me to do this.They like my grades and they think I could tutor Jaejin since he's my friend"
 
I scanned Jaejin and he seems like a good child though.He seems so honest. I poked IU's head " Aigoo, my cute sister doesn't want to go home with me. okay, I allow you but return home early. Don't make me worry okay? " .
 
Jaejin said "don't worry hyung, I will send her home myself. I'll make sure she's safe"  and IU said " Then oppa, bye bye. See you at night" she said cheerfully and those two left together . 
 
Then I remembered I have to go home too. I ran off as fast as I can towards the bus stop and catch the bus and arrived home . Thank god I wasn't too late. There's already Wonbin's car in front of the house.So Jonghun and Wonbin have already arrived home.
 
I entered the house and put my bags in my room.I changed into my everyday wear and entered the kitchen.I know there's a list of chores waiting to be done by me.So I quickly started cooking as dinner time is near.
 
"Lee Hongki, be quick. You have to double up your working speed since you spent half of the day going to school" My stepmother shouted at me from behind.
 
Didn't she see me working nonstop since I was back from school? I was doing so fast that I didn't even know how to breathe.After cooking,I had to washed the clothes. When I finished washing , it was already six. Before my dad came back I prepared the table for dinner.
 
"Lee Hong Ki, why are you so slow? Do quickly and disappear from the dining room . Go and clean Wonbin and Jonghun's rooms" she shouted at me again. "Ye' madam" I quickly finished it and left the dining room.
 
When I was about to go upstairs , the front door opens and my dad enters the house. He saw me first since I was in the living room and near the stairs. The worst part is he saw me in my dirty clothes with a mop in my hand.He said " Hongki, what are you doing there with a mop? My wife said you had to go to your friend's house after your school".
 
 
I'm dead,I know I'll be scolded by my stepmother later.. she lied my father about me working for them but my father seeing me in this condition is unexplainable. She told me I'll be dead if my dad knows about this. How can I explained this? "Hongki, answer me! what are you doing with a mop?" my father raised his tone slightly and asked again.
 
At that moment, my stepmother came ,took the mop in my hand and said "Hongki, how many times did I tell you not to play with the mop? Now look, your clothes are dirty.Go and shower quickly .Then come down and join dinner" she gently said .But I know she's faking. She told my dad "Honey,your Hongki returned home early today and he's been playing around with everything in the house.You see, his clothes are dirty. Now, go and wash yourself.I have already prepared dinner" she chuckled.My dad then laughed and said "Hongki ,why didn't you tell me earlier? okay, go and shower" he put an arm around my stepmother and went inside their bedroom.
 

*sigh* I went upstairs and went inside my small room.

 


Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!