D.O - When He Confesses

EXO-K Scenarios

in which you are the member of an imaginary SM female idol group that debuted 3 years after exo.

requested by yukicassiopeia4eva

trans.gif

"Thank you! We love you!"

You and the other members of your group blow kisses and wave as you walk offstage, adrenaline still rushing through your body. It's your first SMTOWN concert, and the entire experience has been nothing short of surreal.

"You did great out there," someone says as you head off to the changing rooms, and you turn around to see Kyungsoo—or, more accurately, D.O—member of EXO, who had made their debut just over three years ago. You and him had been friends while trainees, so it was always weird to think of him as an idol member.

"Thank you, sunbaenim!" You smile and bow, but he shrugs you off and smiles.

"We're friends, don't be like that," he chuckles. "How many times do I have to tell you that?"

You flash him a quick grin, ducking inside the changing room as you wonder why the butterflies still haven't left your stomach.

You change quickly into a simple white dress that just grazes the tops of your knees, and a stylist gets to work adjusting your makeup to something softer and more feminine.

"You're done," she says, and you hurry out to the wings, watching EXO perform before you and Kyungsoo's joint stage—a love song duet.

They have a stage presence that you've always admired, captivating the fans and drawing all eyes on them, a sonorous chant following every word they sing.

You hear Baekhyun sing the final line, and the eleven other EXO members bow and wave as they file offstage.

Luhan claps you on the back, and he shoots you a teasing wink, but you don't have any time to ask what that meant before it's time for you to walk on.

Kyungsoo's dressed in a simple black suit with a white dress shirt and black tie, his hair styled neatly up and to the side.

The butterflies have returned in full force, but you push them to the side as you lift up your microphone to your mouth and begin to sing.

As the practiced lyrics easily flow through your lips, you notice Kyungsoo begin to act more and more nervous with each passing second—odd, because you've never known him to have any sort of stage fright before.

When it's his turn to sing the verse, he looks directly into your eyes, as rehearsed, but there's something about his gaze that just doesn't seem right—there's a fire in it that you've never seen before.

The song is barely three and a half minutes long, but it seems like an eternity, the way that Kyungsoo makes you feel.

As the applause begins to die down, you notice movement in the wings, and Luhan walks up, presenting a bouquet of flowers to Kyungsoo.

Now that's weird. No one had ever mentioned any flowers.

Kyungsoo clears his throat into the microphone, and it echoes throughout the arena.

"Thank you, everyone," he says, his voice shaking slightly. "I have something very important that I'd like to say to all of you."

"For the past three years, you all have known me as D.O, member of EXO. But long before that, I was Do Kyungsoo, a boy with dreams of being a singer and a crush on a girl."

He blushes, and you're still confused.

"And so I'd like to ask you," he says, turning to you, "if you would do me the honor of letting me be your boyfriend."

He holds out the bouquet towards you, and your heart skips a beat as your arms instinctively reach out to take them from him.

"Yes," you say, breathless and happy as the crowd cheers loudly.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" they chant, waving their lightsticks in unison.

"Shall we give them what they want?" Kyungsoo whispers, only for you to hear.

"Sure, why not," you reply, leaning to kiss him on the cheek.

The fans boo, because that's not what they wanted to see, but the real kisses can wait for later.

You'll have all the time in the world for that.