Chanyeol - When You Get Caught In The Rain

EXO-K Scenarios

requested by anon (tumblr)

"Yeah, alright. No, it's no problem. I'll see you later, then."

You hung up your phone with a sigh, sliding it back into your bag as you stared out the window. The rain was pouring and it didn't seem like it would let up anytime soon, and your ride had just cancelled on you.

Looks like you were going to have to try and make it to a bus stop.

~*~*~*~*~

"Crap, crap, craaaap!" you muttered to yourself as you held your back over your head, trying to scurry to the different awnings along the sidewalk. Even so, you still managed to get a substantial amount of water dumped on your back and shoulders.

After several near-misses in puddles, you finally managed to make it to the bus stop...

...only to find that the bus was out of service, and the next one wouldn't be coming for another hour.

"UGH!" you grumbled, putting your bag halfheartedly over your head again and beginning to walk home. You had no desire to wait that long for the bus, especially since it was cold and dark out.

As the time passed, it only got colder and darker. To your utter dismay, the rain didn't let up, and you swore that it actually started raining even heavier.

You sighed, slumping against the side of a building, huddling underneath the small overhang. Today just wasn't your day, was it...?

~*~*~*~*~

"Hyung! Who's that?"

"Is that a fangirl or something?"

"Doesn't look like it..."

You opened your eyes blearily, rubbing then with your hands. When had you fallen aslee

"AH!"

Your eyes widened as you saw someone's face in front of you, and you instinctively tried to jump back, only to end up hitting your head on the wall behind you.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I hope you're not like hurt or anything, Joonmyun-hyu—HEY WAIT COME BACK HERE, DON'T LEAVE ME!"

You stood up, rubbing the back of your head and eying the guy curiously. "Excuse me... who are you?"

"I'm Park Chanyeol!" He smiled widely, displaying his white teeth. "Sorry if I caused you any trouble."

"Oh, it's alright. I need to be getting home now, anyways..." You dusted off your clothes and grabbed your bag, where it had fallen to the side.

"Are you walking?" Chanyeol asked, cocking his head to the side.

You nodded as you slipped the bag onto your shoulder. "The bus I usually take wasn't working."

"Let me walk you, then. 'Cause it's still sorta wet out there, and I can't let a girl walk home in the dark now, can I?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to trouble you..."

"I insist."

~*~*~*~*~

Park Chanyeol, as luck would have it, was great company. He smiled as he held the umbrella over the two of you ("I'm taller," he argued, "so it makes more sense for me to hold it.")

He made you laugh numerous times on the way to your apartment, telling you about his friends and the stupid things that they'd done.

"And then, Jongin shoved Sehun's dirty socks in a cereal box."

"But why would he do that?"

"I dunno, but Kyungsoo-hyung got really pissed off when he opened the box and a wad of socks came out instead of cornflakes."

"Wow, you've got some really... interesting friends there, don't you?"

"Eh." Chanyeol shrugged. "They're weird, but they're nice guys."

"That's good to know. Oh, this is my building."

You stopped in front of your apartment complex and punched in the code to open the door. "Would you like to come in?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "I wish I could, but I've gotta go back before the hyungs yell at me."

"Aw, that ." You hadn't really expected him to stay, but it would have been nice if he did.

"Maybe we can meet again sometime? Give me your phone, I'll put my number in."

You nodded, digging into your bag and handing him your phone. He punched in his number and handed it back to you, a smile on his face.

"I've gotta run now, but just text me whenever! I might not reply right away but I'll try to as soon as I can." He waved, and jogged off.

"Hey wait, you forgo—" You held up the umbrella, but he was already out of sight. You sighed, pushing open the door and walking inside, making your way to your apartment.

You looked down at your phone, and saw the number saved as Park Chanyeol~ Happy Virus ^^

You internally facepalmed. EXO was one of your favorite groups... how could you not have realized that it was him?

Well, now you were definitely going to meet up with him.