Chanyeol - When You Go Camping

EXO-K Scenarios

requested by Cass (tumblr)

You should have known something was going to go wrong when Chanyeol asked you if you wanted to go camping.

"Chanyeol, have you ever been camping before?"

"...no. But there's a first time for everything, right?"

"Are you sure that we shouldn't read up about it and stuff first?"

"I asked Kris-hyung. He told me everything I needed to know!"

~*~*~*~*~

"Kris-hyung! You've been camping before, right?"

"Uh..."

"You just get a tent and stick it up in the woods, right?"

"Um... Chanyeol, I don't thi—"

"'kay, thanks, hyung!"

"...what was that?"

~*~*~*~*~

You trusted Kris's judgment (most of the time), so you assumed that whatever he told Chanyeol was probably useful.

So you packed up a duffel bag with some warm clothes, food, and a sleeping bag, and headed out to the car that Chanyeol had stolen borrowed from the manager.

"You're sure he won't notice the missing car?"

"...yeah, pretty sure."

How can he not notice a missing car? you wondered, but hopefully nothing incredibly bad would happen because of it.

Chanyeol loaded everything into the car, and the two of you drove off to who-knows-where (you hoped that Chanyeol had found a good place.)

"So where exactly are we going?" you asked, fiddling with the buttons on the GPS.

"Um... the woods?"

You just stared at Chanyeol, eyes wide, as he stared at the road, his eyes even wider.

~*~*~*~*~

Chanyeol parked the car and jumped out, stretching his arms. "So... I guess this is a good spot?"

"Um... if you say so?" You surveyed the landscape, seeing nothing but flat space, trees, and the trail where you had come from.

"'kay. So we should pitch the tent now, I think..." Chanyeol opened the trunk of the car and took out the bag with the tent in it. "Let's see... instructions, instructions... aw, damn."

You sighed, checking your phone. At least you had reception.

~*~*~*~*~

After around an hour later (involving several near-misses involving the tent poles), you finally managed to pitch the tent. But...

"Chanyeol, are you sure it's supposed to be so lumpy-looking?"

"Hm..." He put his hand on his chin and reviewed his handiwork. "I guess as long as it doesn't collapse on us in the middle of the night, we should be alright."

"If you say so..."

"And I do say so!"

Right when he said that, however, a gust of wind promptly knocked the tent down.

"Um... so I suppose we'll be sleeping in the car?"

~*~*~*~*~

It was sad to say that the highlight of your day was eating chips in the backseat of the car.

"Sorry about this," Chanyeol sighed as he nibbled on the edge of his Dorito. "It worked out better in my head."

"It's okay," you replied. "At least I get to be with you alone."

Suddenly Chanyeol gasped, pointing at your bag of chips. "HOW COULD YOU?"

You stared at him, absolutely mystified. "Huh?"

"YOU ARE EATING MY BAND MEMBER!"

You looked down at the bag, and sure enough, 'Lay's' was written on it. "Very funny, Chanyeol."

~*~*~*~*~

The next morning the two of you were awoken by the van shaking and a loud thud.

"Cha... Chanyeol? What is that?" you asked, yawning.

"I du—HOLY CRAP!"

A mass of brown covered the windows, and it didn't take a genius to realize what that meant.

"All the stuff is in the car, right?" you asked, panicking as the two of you scrambled into the front seats.

"Uh-huh." Chanyeol nodded frantically as he stuck the keys in the ignition, missing several times in his haste. "The only thing we took out was the tent and we put that back inside after—"

"STOP TALKING! DRIVE!"

~*~*~*~*~

"Chanyeol, what happened to the van?"

"A bear ran into it."

The manager stared at the dent in the side, then returned his gaze back to Chanyeol skeptically. "A bear? Chanyeol, if you're going to make an excuse, in the future, try to make it believable."

"But... aish, never mind... I'm sorry." He bowed to the manager.

"You're lucky we had this insured... otherwise the CEO would have had your head, Chanyeol."

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"It better not. Go back to the dorms, Chanyeol. You have a schedule tomorrow, you need sleep."

"Ne."

Once Chanyeol was sure that the manager had left, he waved you out from behind the bushes.

"Man, I thought he was totally gonna whoop my ..." Chanyeol sighed, fluffing his hair.

"Lucky he didn't," you said. "Well, at least we learned one thing from this."

Chanyeol nodded. "Yup. Never trust Kris-hyung's advice."

You facepalmed. Oh, Chanyeol...