Kai - Aquarium Date

EXO-K Scenarios

i... am still not good at writing cute things. LOL

requested by anon

You bounce a little on your feet, checking the time on your phone for what feels like the millionth time. The time hasn't changed by more than a couple of minutes since you began checking, and Jongin isn’t late, but you're a little anxious anyways, since you haven’t had the chance to see him in a while. The two of you had arranged to meet at an aquarium – neither of you had been in a while (since school trips, you think), and it seemed like a fun, nostalgic thing to do.

When he does arrive, though, you spot him immediately – his height is a dead giveaway, for one. You wave a little to signal him towards you, and he nods when he catches your eye, a small smile breaking out on his face.

“Hi,” he says, once he gets close enough for him to hold your hand and press a light kiss to your forehead.

“That's all I get?” You poke him on the nose, and he scrunches his face up.

“Yeah.”

“Ey, don't be like that,” you tease, “I'm expecting something better later.”

“Alright, alright,” he concedes, tousling your hair a bit with his free hand, “did you buy the tickets yet?”

You nod, pulling them out of your pocket and handing one to him as you reach the entrance of the actual viewing part of the aquarium. The attendant rips the stubs off and hands them back to you, and the two of you continue on in.

“Where do you want to go first?” you ask, approaching one of the signs. “There’s the shark tanks, fish tanks, that tunnel thing…”

Jongin shrugs. “We can just make a big circle?”

The nearest exhibit is the tropical fish, so you go there first, leaning in and making faces at the brightly colored fish as they swim by.

It’s peaceful, walking through the darkened halls, illuminated gently by lights through the tanks, without a need to care for anything. Jongin’s face is serene, lighting up in childlike wonder when he sees something particularly interesting. You can still see the dark circles under his eyes where BB cream just can’t cover, but he doesn’t look like he’s going to faint from exhaustion.

“That one,” Jongin says, pointing to a fish with particularly large fins, “looks like Chanyeol-hyung.”

The fish stares blankly at him in response before swimming off, and you laugh.

“It did.”

You go to the tidal pool next, where they have shallow tanks set out with starfish and sea urchins set out to touch.

“Kyungsoo-hyung would love these,” Jongin says, a bit absentmindedly, as he gently prods an urchin, “probably stick some of the spikes in Baekhyun-hyung’s bed.”

“Don’t give him any ideas,” you reply, running your fingers down one of the legs on a starfish, the bumps rough under your touch.

“If I suggest eating some the next time we go to a Japanese restaurant,” Jongin says simply, “I bear no responsibility for what happens afterwards.”

Not for the first time, you’re grateful that you don’t live with them.

You wash your hands off at one of the sinks, Jongin squirting water from his hands a little too close to your face for comfort.

“Yah, Kim Jongin, don’t do that!” you stage-whisper, shutting off the faucet and wiping your hands on the back of his shirt.

He grins impishly, flicking water from his fingertips at you and speed-walking off.

You catch up to him by the tunnel – he’s leaning against the entrance, eyes fixed on the fish swimming by above. His long limbs give him the appearance of a model at a photoshoot, and of course, you take the opportunity to snap a quick picture.

Jongin notices you as you pocket your phone, and beckons for you to join him. You stand next to him, head leaning against his shoulder, as you let yourself get lost in the sight before you.

It truly is like nothing else, being surrounded by water but not touching any of it, watching everything pass by around you. The light filtered through the water leaves undulating shadows on everything it touches, giving the area an ethereal look.

Jongin, too, is affected, the light and dark playing over his closed lids. It almost looks like he’s some sort of sea prince or merman, regal features and all.

“You know I can feel you staring?” he says, turning to look at you, eyes half-lidded.

“Aren’t you supposed to be watching the fish?”

“’d rather watch you.” His voice is half-teasing, half-serious, and he turns to face you, a half-smile on his face. “You know, in dramas, this is the part where we have some kind of dramatic confrontation.”

“Are you sure it’s not the part where you kiss me?”

“I can do that too.”

 

how to do cute thing???