Baekhyun - Valentine's Day

EXO-K Scenarios

requested by anon

"Hey, Baekhyun," you said, swinging your and Baekhyun's linked hands as you walk down the street, "what should we do for Valentine's Day?"

You and Baekhyun hadn't been dating for a very long time, only a couple of months, and this would be your first Valentine's Day together. To be honest, you weren't expecting too much, since Baekhyun was constantly practicing and performing with EXO, but it would be nice to spend at least part of the day together.

"Don't you worry about that," Baekhyun replied, pulling down his sunglasses slightly and winking exaggeratedly at you, "I've got it all covered."

"Really?" you ask, raising an eyebrow, "when did you have time for that?"

"Shh, it's a secret." He held up one of his slim fingers in front of his lips, smiling slightly. "You'll find out in a few days, don't worry."

~*~*~*~*~

It was February 14th, and you awoke with a smile on your face, already anticipating the day to come. The sun shone through the window, and you could already tell that today was going to be a good day.

That is, until you looked at your phone and saw a message from Baekhyun.

sorry babe... i don't know if i'll be able to make it tonight. i got sick (dammit kris!) but i promise i'll make it up to you! somehow...

You sighed, pressing the sleep button on your phone and slumping back down onto your bed, your mood already deflated.

You knew it wasn't Baekhyun's fault that he couldn't make it, but you couldn't help but be kind of pissed. Couples all over the world were celebrating, but you couldn't.

Suddenly, you thought of an idea. If Baekhyun couldn't come to you, then you could go to him.

You went to the bathroom to clean up, then returned to your room to change into a simple outfit of a t-shirt and jeans (if Baekhyun was really sick, you didn't want to wear anything that was difficult to move in or could get messed up easily).

Once you got all your stuff, you left your apartment, heading to the grocery store so you could get some supplies before going to the dorm. You decided that a simple soup would be best for him if he was ill, so you got some vegetables, chicken broth, and other seasonings.

When you were finished paying for all the items, you headed for the bus stop so that you could go to the dorm.

Hopefully they other guys weren't giving him too much trouble.

~*~*~*~*~

Of course, knowing them, they were still pretty unruly, despite Suho's pleas to get them to calm down.

"I think they ate too much chocolate," Suho sighed as he led you inside, "they've been rather unruly the whole morning and I can only fear the worst."

You cringed at the sound of something clattering to the floor, hoping that it wasn't anything particularly vaulable.

"It's mostly Jongin and Chanyeol, luckily Baekhyun's sick or else he'd be in on it too." Suho sighed again. "You know where his room is, right?"

You nodded, thanking him as you walked down the hall and pushed open the door.

"Baekhyun?" you called softly, "are you awake?"

"Yeah," he replied, and even though his voice was soft, you could hear that it was hoarse.

"What happened?" you asked. "You said something about Kris?"

"Yeah, he was sick before, I guess it got passed to me," he groaned. "I'm sorry we couldn't spend Valentine's Day together, jagiya..."

"Well, we're together now, aren't we?"

"You know what I mean, not all gross like this. Like we'd go out on a date and stuff and do stupid couple-y things... I even bribed Jongin and Sehun to do like one of those balloon trail thingies... they took the chocolate anyways, though."

"So that's why Joonmyun looks like he wants to strangle himself," you remark, and Baekhyun groans, shifting his body and adjusting his blankets.

"Yeah, that's my fault."

"Well, it's alright, 'cause I'm here now, okay? I'll take care of you."

"Thanks," he mumbled. "I'm gonna go back to sleep now..."

"Alright then," you replied, ruffling his hair a bit. "Get some sleep."

Baekhyun closed his eyes, and his breathing soon evened out, signaling that he was starting to fall asleep.

You sat there for a while, watching him sleep. It was kind of endearing, the way his face would scrunch up every so often, and he kept making strange little whimpering noises (which you supposed really did annoy Chanyeol if he had to listen to it every night).

At the sound of another crash from outside, you sighed and left Baekhyun's room, only to find Kai, Chanyeol, and Sehun engaged in some sort of three-way all-for-one but everyone was tag-teaming Nerf battle (you didn't even want to know how that worked).

"Do you guys mind?" you sighed, "Baekhyun is sick and he's trying to sleep."

"And we're bored," Kai replied. "What else are we supposed to do?"

"I dunno, go bother the M guys?" D.O suggested, rolling his eyes. "Some of us like peace and quiet."

"Kris-hyung would murder us," Sehun said.

"And I wouldn't?" Suho asked, incredulous.

"Well, you haven't yet, so... no?"

Suho turned around and started banging his head against the wall.

"Look, guys," you sighed. "If you guys do something more quiet, I'll buy you all the chocolate you want tomorrow."

"Really?" Kai asked, his eyes glinting mischeviously.

"...you do have a limit of $50."

"Well..." Kai sighed, "I don't really like chocolate that much..."

You . "$60?"

"Hey Chanyeol, you need to work on your choreo, right? Let's go!"

"Hey!" Chanyeol protested, but he was no match for the combined forces of Sehun and Kai, and they were all out the door within seconds.

"Thank you," D.O said. "Joonmyun-hyung, please stop banging your head against the wall."

"No problem," he muttered, "it hurts. I'll be in my room if you guys need me..." Suho stumbled off towards his room, rubbing his forehead and groaning.

You and D.O watched him go, slightly amused.

"Well, looks like it's just us," D.O said.

"Yep..." You nodded. "Hey, could you help me with something?"

"Um, depends what it is, but probably yes, why?"

"Because I was going to make dinner for Baekhyun, and it'd be nice to use some help."

"Sure, no problem. What were you going to make?"

"Just some soup. It's not really good for him to eat anything heavy."

"Did you buy any ingredients?"

You nodded, holding up the bag. D.O took it from you and walked to the kitchen, setting the bag on the counter.

"Come on, let's get to work."

~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later, you and D.O had finally crafted what you deemed was the perfect soup.

"Thanks so much, Kyungsoo, you're a lifesaver," you said, giving him a quick hug. "Mine probably wouldn't have turned out this great."

"No, it's fine. No need to thank me," he replied, fidgeting awkwardly. "Um, I'll just go take hyung out, I don't think the rest of the guys will be back for a while, so you'll have the place to yourselves for a bit. 'Kay bye," he muttered, running off to Suho's room.

You shook your head, smiling to yourself. D.O was definitely awkward.

A few minutes later, the two ran out the door, with Suho yelling  "don't answer the door for anyone!" as they left.

"Okay then," you chuckled, walking over to Baekhyun's room and knocking on the door. "Baek? You awake?" you asked, opening the door. Baekhyun was sitting in bed, flipping through a magazine, but set it to the side as you entered.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better now. A little hungry, though."

"Oh, I made dinner," you replied, blushing a little. "It's nothing big though, I didn't know if you'd be really hungry or anything."

"No, it's fine. I don't know if eating a whole lot is good for me anyways," he said, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and standing up, staggering a little from not using his leg muscles for a while. "Let's go."

You led him out to the living room, and he took a seat at the table while you brought out two bowls and spoons, and then the pot of soup.

"Kyungsoo helped me," you admitted, "so it's edible."

"You're not that bad of a cook, stop selling yourself short," Baekhyun chuckled as you ladled out some soup into the bowls.

You sat, anxious as Baekhyun scooped up a spoonful of soup and brought it to his lips, gauging his reaction.

"It's good. Thanks, baby."

You let out a sigh of relief, smiling. "You're welcome, Baekhyun. Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day to you, too," he replied, his eyes curing into half-moons as he smiled. "Hopefully we can have many more together. And hopefully I won't be sick next time."