Baekhyun and... HER

Marry me Baekhyun!

The day after our fight was awful. 

I missed Baek like crazy already, and the fans of EXO were going at me with full hatred and envy. Even Hana wasn't helping much calming me down. 

HOWEVER.

The headlines of the newsapaper my parents handed me this morning with a very angry face was not pleasant.

"Honey, what is the meaning of this?"

"Er... yeah he told me about it."

"When?"

"Yesterday... "

My mom was talking to me in a calm voice and I was holding back my tears as well as I could and I knew my parents were angry at Baek, not me. 

And even in the moment where I should also be mad at him, I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"But he's busy, atleast he told me?"

You idiot. He left you for work.

"Sweetheart, I know the comments and things his fans are saying about you!" 

I looked at my mom with wide eyes. I thought they didn't know at all!

"I also know that you have been constantly threatened, bullied, and-"

"Mom it's not that bad..."

Right then, my dad jumped up from where he was watching tv and rushed towards us.

"NOT THAT BAD? HEEYOUNG YOU'RE BEING TARGETED TO BE KILLED. I PUT A GUARD ON YOU JUST IN CASE BUT YOU ARE STILL GETTING HURT REGARDLESS! AND WHAT DOES YOUR FINACEE DO?! HE COULDN'T PUSH THIS ONTO A DIFFERENT MEMBER?!" 

And right then was when my tears started pouring down. 

"I wanted him to stay too! I needed to talk with him, but what can I do? What could he do? His dreams came first before he met me!" I was bawling to the point where my voice was cracking and fading. 

My parents sighed and tried to comfort me, but it was useless. 

I need Baekhyun.

--

Baekhyun's POV:

 

I couldn't sleep a minute last night. 

Everytime I closed my eyes, I would see the replay of the fight between Heeyoung and I, and it made me pick up my phone several times even.

It was the day of the flight, and I felt horrible for telling Heeyoung only the day before. She now has to find out through internet or newspaper, and that guilt was biting at me. When I was done loading my stuff on the car, my phone buzzed.

I looked at the phone and felt my heart quicken when I saw the id.

Future father in-law.

Hello my future son in law. 

I heard you are going to Japan for a work event.

Could you come to my office before departing?

I gulped and showed it to my manager who pushed me to go meet him. I was scared but also felt sorry to Heeyoung. 

-

I swallowed and tried to make my breathing regular. I raised my hand up to the door to knock when I heard a familiar voice.

"Dad, I can't go to the charity event. It says I need a partner, and HE is going to be in Japan." It pained me to hear "HE" since she was talking about me, but who was I to talk?

"You can still go without a partner... or better yet, why not go with-" 

*KNOCK*

"Who is it?"

"It's me Mr. Lee." 

"Ah, yes. Come in Baekhyun."

I opened the door and forced my eyes to meet Heeyoung's before meeting Mr. Lee's.

"Welcome. Have a seat right here."

I started walking towards Heeyoung who was looking at me with a dazed face.

"We will continue this at home dear."

Heeyoung nodded and walked out the door, slamming it behind her. I looked towards Mr. Lee who's lips were lined flat. 

"So... you wanted to talk with me, sir?"

"Yes... I heard this morning that you had a filiming event in Japan... for about two weeks?"

"Did Heeyoung tell you?"

"NO. *ehem* no. I had to find out through the newspaper."

I looked down and felt my cheeks be swallowed by heat.

"That is why I called you here. Are you aware of how much Heeyoung is being hurt because of you? I don't want to make this dramatic, but I trusted you."

"I'm sorry sir... I just-" 

Mr. Lee raised his hand to cut me short. Do all Mr. Lee's do this?!

"I am aware that you have a flight to catch. I just wanted to tell you IN ADVANCE, that Heeyoung will be attending a charity event where she will require a partner." I put my head back up to match his eyes.

"And I will be asking Tao to her." 

I froze at the, yet again, mentioned name. I sat there unable to think of what to say and just opened and closed my mouth like a fish.

"I believe you must be going?" I nodded and bowed to him before hurrying out of the room. 

I walked out of the building and spotted Heeyoung who was walking towards her family car. I ran after her and grabbed her wrist.

"Heeyoung... can we talk?"

"I have to go."

"I do too, but-"

"Then go. Don't waste my or your time."

"Heeyoung, what is the meaning of this charity event thing? Why Tao?"

"Because you're not going to be next to me." I blinked and was lost for words to say to her. Heeyoung pulled free from my grasp, and looked at me with piercing eyes.

"Look Byun Baekhyun. It was your choice to go to Japan. I know I met you after your dreams, so I won't stop you. You shouldn't be stopping me either."

I searched her eyes hoping to find that one second emotion of her still wanting me, but I knew that was too selfish. 

"If you don't have anything to say, I have to get going." Heeyoung opened the car and got in, then drove away. I hung my head low and was about to shout when my phone rang just in time.

"Hello?"

"Baek! Where are you?!" 

Shoot, the flight.

"I'll be right there!"

Heeyoung said she wasn't going to stop me... my dreams DID come to me before she did...right?

__

We departed from Korea and arrived to Japan. Through the whole flight, I was constantly debating if I should contact Heeyoung or not, but it was harder to make a choice. 

When our rehearsal was done, the members of girl's generation and few members that came from EXO went out to eat. I hung out in the back of the crowd checking my phone occasionally, but there was no message from Heeyoung.

Just then, a hand went up my back and I looked around, startled.

"Hey Baekhyun-ah, let's go eat!" I smiled and nodded, forgetting about the text. 

--

Heeyoung's POV:

 

I couldn't sleep at all and kept thinking of all the memories I had with Baekhyun. I even went to the place where I confessed to him alone, and almost cried at remembering the whole fight scene. 

When I came back home, I checked the search engine for anything that had to do with EXO. I didn't want to admit it, but I liked Baekhyun far too much to neglect him.

When I opened up the search engine, I immediately saw the heading.

"EXO's Baekhyun and SNSD Taeyeon?! What happens to the finacee left behind??"

I clicked on it with shaking hands and starting reading the article.

Exo was lately invited to feature in the new shooting for SNSD. While all the members were heading

to someplace, these two lovebirds hung behind and were caught smiling at eachother while Taeyeon's hand

was warmly placed on the back of Baekhyun. Some of the most common questions are the following from fans:

Are these two really in a relationship? What happens to his fiancee? 

Did she really force him? 

Who knows? Stay tuned for future updates!

 

Below the article was a picture of Baekhyun next to Taeyeon who indeed had her hand on Baekhyun's back. To make me feel worse, the two of them WERE smiling at eachother. 

I closed out of the tab and shut my laptop before grabbing my coat and dialling the number to call that person. 

"Hello?Heeyoung?"

"Yeah."

"Did you see the article?"

"Yup"

"So... you okay?"

"Can we meet?"

"Yeah, of course!"

I walked out of the house and grabbed a taxi. 

How could you Byun Baekhyun.

_________________________________________

Hi!! It's so funny I can find pictures that describe this completely hahah. 

I looked for the pic AFTER writing this!!!

have a good week!!