Goodbye summer

Marry me Baekhyun!

HELLOOOO!! I gained many subscribers YESS!!!! I hope you enjoy this!!! I'm getting so into character as I write hahah. 

___________________________________________________________________________

I took out my phone and texted Baekhyun.

I know I overreacted, and I'm really sorry. You know how I am about... things.

My timing was off...but I think it helps to see things clearly.

Exactly 15 seconds after I sent the text, Baekhyun replied. 

No, timing was NOT off. I was being completely stupid and I'm sorry. I know I was an idiot for not replying to you 

when I knew you needed it the most. I just... I just need some time to clear my head. Even if I do seem shaky and unsure about

my decision, please know this. I LOVE you. YOU. LEE HEEYOUNG. 

I was smiling, but it was not the smile that made me fall over again. I felt how sad I was in my mind when I subconciously recalled his face when I asked about Taeyeon. I knew how much he liked me. But love was stronger. Wasn't he trying to convince himself now? 

-

The following morning, I got another text from Baekhyun. 

Goodmorning beautiful! Well, it's the morning so I guess not beau....ANYWAYS. I was wondering if we could meet today around 2 at Shiyun's cafe? 

I considered my plans for the day, and we were to be dismissed early from school today. 

When school was done, it was around one o' clock, so I decided to go early to Shiyun's cafe early and talk with him. 

He greeted me with a bright smile and when I complained about Baekhyun, he listened attentively, that for a minute, I forgot I was talking to a guy. 

When I was done ranting, his lip was in a tight line and he nodded his head. 

"I can see why you're upset, but honestly, I think you should consider Baekyun's efforts too. He really cares for you. He gives you 'the look'." I looked at him with a confused face. 

"What's 'the look'?" Shiyuns was beginning to explain when the door opened and Baekhyun walked in. It was the slow hour for Shiyun's cafe, but there were some customers that knew him well and visited often.

Baekhyun smiled at me and when Shiyun cleared his throat, Baek nodded at his presence without breaking eye contact with me. 

"Hi, hyung." 

Shiyun sighed and shook his head.

"I heard love changes people... it's all true." 

I looked at Shiyun and tilted my head in question.

"Have you never fallen in love before?" Shiyun shook his head, but Baekhyun grabbed my shoulders and made me face him.

"HAVE YOU?!" I stared at Baekhyun with wide eyes before laughing. 

"Of course, not." At my response, Baekhyun recomposed himself and cleared his throat. He blushed and I could see him holding back a grin. 

After talking with Shiyun for a little bit, Baekhyun and I went to the room that Hana and I were in last time. It was on the top floor and faced the garden, behind Shiyun's cafe, through a window. 

Baekhyun and I were sitting on the bench that faced the window, and we were casually talking until Baekhyun sighed. 

"So about the ring you easily took off, give me your hand." I stared straight ahead without moving. 

Baekhyun tapped my arm and I started to speak without looking at him. 

"Baekhyun."

"Yeah?" I then turned to face him. He looked at me with a worried and frightened expression. 

"I got these rings. The ones you got me... let's wear those for now."

"But?"

"But. The ones I got... I will entrust you to have the guy's ring with you. Let's set the time to one month. I will wear the girl's ring you bought, and you will have the guy's ring of the rings I got. After one month... you can decide who will be the ring's owner." 

"Heeyoung... Heeyoung I told you that I love you...." 

"I know. I did the same as well. But... you know just as well I do, the reason. It's one month. If you decide to...." The tears were gathering around my eye and I felt a sob choke in my throat. 

"If you decide to give the ring back to me, we will present ourselves as engaged, but gradually find the way to break it off without a huge commotion." 

Baekhyun looked like he was about to cry, but I DID cry before. Multiple times. Because of what he did. 

"Okay?" 

"......"

"Baekhyun you have to an-"

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why are you doing this? I love you, you love me, we are engaged. What are the empty holes that I'm failing to fill in to make this complete? Why... why? Why? What do you want me to do to have you? Give up this kpop nonsense? I'll do it. You matter most right now and I-I really don't understand what's making the beautiful dream shatter." 

"I woud NEVER want you to give up your dreams and be that selfish!"
"Then why is it Heeyoung? It's painful for BOTH of us to be seeing each other with that thought of one month in our minds!" 

"I am the one that's in so much pain!"

My sentence hung in the atmosphere silent and cold. Finally realizing my pain, Baekhyun turned and faced the window. 

"I am so sorry... I... I'm sorry Heeyoung." 

"It sounds like you already answered for after one month." Baekhyun looked at me with panicking eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled my face into his surprisingly muscle consisted arm. 

"Look. Don't feel guilty or anything. I'm not saying we WILL be separated after one month. I want you to be happy, and I don't want this engagement to be what's holding you down to make a good decision. If you really want me to be with you, after the one month, choose me. That's all you have to do and-"

Baekhyun broke free from my arms and looked at me. I was staring with a blank expression when Baekhyun pulled me closer to him with his arms. 

He grinned and looked at me. Those eyes.... gosh

"I felt like you were starting to feel my arm muscles." I blushed and looked away. 

"You're mine anyways...." I muttered mostly to myself but somehow Bakehyun must have heard me.

He looked at me with a smug expression and pushed me down on the bench. 

I gasped but couldn't move when I saw his eyes. 

He was towering over me, and I was extremely nervous.

"B-baek, we shouldn't *ehem* do t-this-" 

"Do what? I was just trying to get the pillow behind you." He started to laugh and grabbed the pillow above my head. He sat upright, and I was still laying down.

"Why are you still laying down? Do you really want something from-"

"N-no. I was just teasing you." Baekhyun smiled at me and hugged me again. 

For the time that I was in, I felt like the empty holes were filled completely. 

I thought that I knew what Shiyun meant by Baekhyun looking at me with "the look".