Hana and Kai

Marry me Baekhyun!

The following day, I texted Baekhyun and told him what was going on between Hana and Kai. 

"I knew Kai was acting different.... he doesn't usually avoid her though, from what I know he likes her way too much."

"Exactly... But.. I don't even know. Is there something going on with Jessica and Kai?" 

"None that I've heard of... I know they're close because they went to the same dance school, but from what I know, they're just like family."

"Can we meet up?"

Baek and I set up a certain time to meet at the practice room and I was to bring Hana and he brings Kai. 

"Hana~ can you teach me some dance moves? I wanna surprise Bakehyun." 

"*sigh* ugh you love birds... finee." Hana and I met at the practice room, and all that had to happen was for Kai to show up. 

In the middle of Hana ACTUALLY teaching me, the door opened and in came Baekhyun who looked extremely nervous but adorable. 

Behind him followed Kai who was looking pretty sick. 

"Hey." Baekhyun came up to me and gave me a hug as a greeting. I hugged him back but looked at Hana. She was looking uncomfortable but understanding she was set up, she glared at me. 

I shrugged innocently and looked at Kai. He was looking extremely confused and he looked at Baekhyun.

"I thought you wanted to work on dance..." 

"I did... and so did Hana and Heeyoung apparently... what a coincedence right?" Kai was shaking his head, and he was heading out the door. 

Baekhyun and I quickly ran and grabbed him by the arms and pushed him back into the room. 

"You and Hana need to talk..." Baek and I quickly closed the door and locked it from the outside. We then went into the room that was next to the practice room and looked at them through a window. 

This is going to be good.... hopefully

 

Hana's POV:

The room was cold, but I could still feel the sweat form on my palms. My throat was dry and my mind was searching for words that were all in order before I saw him. 

He was looking everywhere but at me, and I did the same. He was so close, but he has never felt so far from my reach. 

I gathered the pieces of courage that I had left and I looked at Kai. 

"So... how have you been doing?"

"Good."

"That's great..." The room was quiet, but I couldn't let it continue like this. 

"Aren't you tired with all the rehearsals and concerts?"

"Yeah."
"I see..."

"How about you? Shouldn't you be debuting soon?"

"Yeah!" I replied with too much enthusiasm, and we both ended up laughing. But even the sweetness of hearing his laugh was gone when we looked at eachother in the eye.

"How are things with... with Jessica sunbae?" Kai looked at me with his mouth slightly parted as if he had to say something. Then he quickly closed it and looked at the floor. 

"Things are going good... you know she and I have been close." I felt my heart squeeze in pain. He probably knew I liked him, but it was... it was too painful to hear him say it. 

"How long have you guys been-"
"It's a personal thing, Hana. I know you and I are close but-"

"So I'm not even at the level of hearing more than just what the press tells me?" I didn't shout this, but I knew my quiet voice was loud in his ear.

"No. No that's not what I mean. She and I are not what you-" 

"Just... just stop. Like you said, I don't need any explanation. It's good to hear that you're doing great." Kai was looking for words and his eyes were looking so desperate. 

Just like how I looked when I stared at him walking away from me with Jessica sunbae. 

I grabbed the door handle and knocked. 

"Heeyoung open the door. He and I are done talking."

Before the door opened, I was still facing the door when I said this.

"It would be hard to go back to how we used to be, right?" 

"......"

"I still want to let you know though. I really like you. It's not a past, it's a present."

The door opened, and Baekhyun and Heeyoung were looking at us with so much hope that I was about to break down and cry.

I forced my legs to move one in front of the other and I slowly walked out the room, then the building. I felt the tears coming down, and wondered why I was holding in the cry.

It was only then I realized how much I liked Kai that I heard myself cry and took in the whole situation. 

_______________________________---

HELLOOO!!! 

So it's a short update, but I WILL be writing more tonight!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE! and if you don't celebrate Christmas, 

HAPPY WINTER? 

Hope you are liking the story so far, and please, comments will always be appreciated!