Face to face

Marry me Baekhyun!

After Tao picked me up, we were driving to some place when Tao started switching lanes quickly and frequently. 

"Tao what's wrong? Why are you-"

"Baek Hyung in right behind us." I turned around in my seat and looked at the car behind us, and indeed it was Baekhyun's car. 

I sat back correctly in my seat and looked at the busy road ahead of us. In no time, Tao lost Baekhyun with his fast zooming all over the lanes and I was lost in the sight of the fast lights zooming past us. 

When Tao stopped the car, it was at a quieter place in the city. Tao got out of the car and so did I. Tao led us to a smaller cafe where it was empty and the sign in front of the door said closed.

"Tao it says it's closed." Regardless, Tao pushed the door open and walked straight in pulling me behind him.

"Hyung I'm here!" Inside the cafe it was dim, but I could still make out small details. The windows were high and tall and the cafe consisted of two floors, both decorated beautifully like the cafe from the drama coffee prince. 

The lights , and a very tall and cool looking guy came down from upstairs. 

"Hey Tao- oh hello miss beautiful~" I laughed and Tao punched the guy on his arm. 

"This is Heeyoung, Baek Hyung's fiancee, Heeyoung this is Shiyun hyung. All members of EXO is close with this guy." I nodded and Shiyun oppa and I shook hands. 

Shiyun oppa made drinks for us, which were the best I've ever tasted, and the three of us ran through what happened the whole day starting with me telling, then Tao, then Shiyun who talked about some noisy customers. 

"-and I kept telling her I was taken, which I am not, but she wouldn't back off! Since I have limits to my patience, I had to-" Suddenly the door opened, and the three of us looked up to find a very angry Baekhyun standing in the doorway.

"Oh hey Baek! Tao and your fiancee came to-" Baekhyun rushed towards my way and grabbed my wrist a bit too painfully and looked at Tao. 

"You. She's my finacee not yours. I don't care if your family is close with hers. Stop acting friendly." He gave a nod to Shiyun and took us both to his car where we both got in before he raced off. 

I was fidgeting while Baekhyun was constantly opening and closing his mouth. When I couldn't take it anymore, I started to drift off to sleep. 

"Heeyoung." I woke up with a startle and looked at Baekhyun.

"I know I don't have any right to be mad, but why were you... why were you with Tao?"

"I confessed to you and you simply just stared right at me. I was embarrassed because I got rejected. Happy?"

"I didn't reject you."

"Well you didn't exactly return my feelings or say anything for that matter."

Baekhyun looked dumbfounded and had nothing to say, so instead, he just sighed and closed his mouth. 

-- 

When he dropped me off at my house, he got out of the car and followed me to the front door. 

"So... today was really... adventerous? I hope you had fun....?" I just looked at him with a straight face and sighed.

"I guess it was... for some time atleast." 

Baekhyun nodded and I opened my door. 

"Okay... well... goodnight!" 

"Good night... go home safely..." With the awkward atmosphere, I went inside and closed the door and found my parents standing RIGHT THERE. 

"Hi mom... and dad..." 

My parents smiled and turned to walk back to their room. 

I quickly ran up to my room and jumped on the bed.

What a long day today has been.

--

Baekhyun's POV:

 

Today was just too rough for me to handle. I haven't been in too many relationships, and this was just too new for me. 

My phone rang, breaking me out of my trance, and I picked up the phone.

"Yes, Mr. Lee?" 

"I need to talk to you about your engagement... Your parents have contacted me." 

"Yes sir I will be at your office very shortly." When we were done talking, I hopped into my car and raced to his office.

--

I knocked and walked in. 

"Hello Baekhyun. Take a seat here." When I sat, Mr. Lee looked at me with a very straight face. 

"I'm not going to beat around the bushes. Before anything gets out of control for the fans to handle, we will make your engagement public." My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to object when Mr. Lee held up his hand.

"I have discussed this with your parents, and I have been told they will speak with your fiancee's parents as well. This is a very rare case, and hopefully, your fans will still be supportive. I am sorry, but I am a very busy man as you may know. I must take my leave. Thank you for listening and please talk to your fiancee about this as well." All I could do at the time was just nod at him while he pat my shoulder. 

When he left the office, I stood up as well and headed to my house. I've had enough of this for one day.

 

 

Heeyoung's POV:

I woke up the next day feeling very down. The previous day was too busy and hectic I felt sore, even. I sighed and checked my phone for the time. The number read 7:43 am, but what really caught my attention was a text. 

From Baekhyun.

Hey, good morning. I was hoping we could meet up real quick. I have to tell you something and... it has something to do with our engagement.

I groaned and got out of my bed, slow as possible to get ready. I hope today is not as crazy as yesterday was. 

--

When I was done getting ready, Baekhyun was already here. In my house. Having a conversation with my parents. What the...Baekhyun met my eyes and smiled at me with an expression that shouted, "THANK GOODNESS YOU'RE HERE, SAVE ME." 

I smirked and walked up to the table. 

"Morning Baekhyun. Umma, appa, we have to get going, so see you guys later!" My parents eagerly nodded and sent us off. 

I went grabbed the door before Baekhyun could and shut it before he could object. I put on my seatbelt and put in my earbuds before crossing my arms together. Baekhyun got into the car and was looking at me with a look of confusion on his face.  

He sighed and started the engine, taking off to his company. On our way, Baekhyun was constantly sighing and finally started to speak. 

"Look, I know this was a short notice, but I think my boss wants to... make out engagement public." At first, I ignored him thinking that he was just trying to start conversation with me, but he continued. 

"-and we are now on our way to the press conference currently." That got my attention.

I whipped my earbuds out of my ear and looked at him.

Deep breath Heeyoung.

"Okay." I tried to put the earbuds as calmly as I could pull off, and stared out the window. 

"Okay? You're okay with this?" I looked back at him and nodded.

"It was something that people were going to find out about anyways. Better to just say it before others can right?" Baekhyun reluctantly nodded and looked confused. 

Good. 

We arrived, and flashes of blinding lights attacked us. We seated at our corresponding seats, and the interview soon began. 

"Hello everyone, I am here to make the announcement of EXO's member, Baekhyun's engagement. Due to his family business, he was arranged to marry this lady right here." Smiling to me, he gestured me to stand up. As I did, while fidgeting, I thought I could see Baekhyun stiffen. 

"Her name is Lee Heeyoung, and is the fiancee of Baekhyun. Their marriage date is unknown, and the details are confidential, but we wanted to let his fans know in advance." I bowed and smiled at them. My legs, which were thankfully covered by the table, were shaking madly and I felt as though I would collapse. 

-- 

After what felt like a whole year worth of interviews, Baekhyun and I were guided back to his car where we drove off to Shiyun's cafe. 

We entered, with our hands holding onto eachother. After the interview, the only thing that was keeping me calm was his hand. I even think he noticed that. 

Shiyun greeted us with a big smile, and I realized how crowded his cafe was. The customers were mostly girls, but the food on the tables looked too good. 

"Hey! I heard you guys had the interview! I guess you would have to avoid the internet and SNS for a while huh?" Shiyun chuckled, and Baekhyun's hand tightened around mine. I looked up at Baekhyun for an explanation of what Shiyun meant, but Baekhyun just smiled stiffly at me. 

"Hey isn't that EXO's Baekhyun?"

"Omg I think it is! Let's go ask him!" 

"Dude... there's a new article based on him...he's engaged?!"

"Are you serious? Is that his fiancee?" In a matter of seconds, Baekhyun pulled me out of the door and into his car. The huge mob of girls all gathered around his car, and I could hear them shouting. 

Out of all the things that I heard, the one that really struck me the most-

"Wow his career is going to fall as quickly as he debuted." My head snapped towards Baekhyun's direction and his lip was in a thin line.

"Just don't listen to them. And stay off the internet for a little bit." I nodded and tried to relax in my seat.

--

We got to Baekhyun's house and entered throught the back.

"There might be some paparazzis hiding in the front." He started to walk up the stairs, and I hesitantly followed him. 

We entered his enormous room, and he sat down on his bed, then loosened his tie. 

"Sorry to get you into this mess... if only I just took after my dad's company..." He shook his head, and his shoulders were sagging. 

"Don't blame this on yourself. Either way, the publicity would catch up someday. And... sorry I might ruin your career." Ouch. That sounded less blunt in my head. 

Baekhyun smiled at me and began to chuckle. 

"Since we have to be married anyways, do you want to... try lovey dovey things?" I froze and stared at him with wide eyes. 

Lovey-dovey things?!

Seeing my shock, Baekhyun's eyes widened, and he started to shake his head. 

"N-no not that, I just mean kind of... cuddle?" Baekhyun stilled looked very unsure of his words. Looking at his shyness, I couldn't help but guide my feet to the foot of his bed. 

Baekhyun started to blush and pulled my arm towards him. When I was on his bed, we laid next to each other side by side in sort of a cuddling position. 

"So tell me a little bit about your self... how were you when you were little, what do you like to do, what do you like in a guy...we never really got to know eachother." I nodded and began my life story. 

When I was done, Baekhyun started to nod slowly and asked me few other questions. 

"How about you? How were you?" Right when Baekhyun was telling his story before he met me, there was a knock on the door. The door opened and there was a man in a full suit who looked like a model.

"Sir, I am sorry to interupt, but there seems to be some noise outside of this house." Baekhyun nodded and quickly spoke with him before coming back next to me. 

"So what's this whole deal about having to avoid the internet? Shiyun mentioned it too." Baekhyun sighed and looked straight into my eyes with so much guilt that I felt it too.

"Since I am a kpop star, I have fans. Some fans are too attached to me, and they will basically attack your SNS, make a blog post about you, and may do things in attempt of harming you." My body stiffened but Baekhyun continued. 

"Those are some of the better if not, endurable situations... Don't think about the worse cases, I'll be next to you to help." I nodded and gave him a supportive smile.

At that moment, I really thought that everything would be fine between us after this. 

Apparently I was wrong.

Seriously wrong.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I haven't updated in a long time summer assignments -_-; 

Let me know if you have any suggestions, or anything to make the story better!

Enjoy, subscribe, comment!! 

Thanks!!!