Constant Meeting

Marry me Baekhyun!

After our fight and the big announcement, Baekhyun and I had to attend various partnerships. Together. While there were eyes watching us, we would act all lovey-dovey as if we actually meant it. 

As the days passed, more and more, I felt myself becoming more comfortable with him, but at the same time, I was building walls between us. I was starting to really like him, but ever since I met him, things were getting far complicated than I wanted.

When our dinner with the Parks, a partnership, was done, Baekhyun and I got into his car. 

"Hey it's only 2pm... do you want to go on a date?" Baekhyun looked at me with a cold face. I nodded then looked out the window.

When he stopped the car, it was in front of a small cafe. Baekhyun handed me a shopping bag and looked at me. 

"Go change into these. It should be more comfortable than that dress." I came out of the bathroom after being changed, and removing my make-up. Lately, due to the constant interviews and events, my skin has being turning rough and dry.

Baekhyun already had a table for us in the corner, and he too was changed with a button up and hat with glasses. I sat down and put the bag next to my chair. 

"Order what you want." Lately, I've also noticed that Baekhyun's tone towards me after the night of the announcement has changed. He used to give me more eye smiles and would be the conversation starter and ice breaker, but now... he made this engagement really feel like a forced one.

The food came and we ate in silence. Time to time, he would comment about the food and I would agree, but after that there would only be silence. We came out of the cafe, and got back in the car. 

"Where do you want to go now?" 

"I'm okay with anywhere." 

".....okay...?" He started the car and the car was engulfed in silence. It was around five in the evening now and the sun was starting to go down a little. I was asleep and Baekhyun called my name.

I woke up and cleared my throat before looking around to see where we came to. It was a very beautiful place that lots of korean dramas filmed at. We both got out of the car, and lucky for us, not a lot of people were there. (Chung-gye-chun)

48bca05815ab0&filename=2-kk03036.jpg

Baekhyun was walking a little far from me, and I felt as if we were on a business meet at this romantic place. As usual, Baekhyun was keeping quiet and at times like this, I really wanted him to say something. For the past 2 months, after the announcement, school was filled with gossip and everyday seemed the same like a copy of one another.

The only thing I could look forward to was spending time with him... not anymore.

I slowed my walking then came to a complete stop just staring at Baekhyun's back-ahead of me and not looking back. Clenching my jaw tight, I ran up to him and held his hand. To my disbelief, Baekhyun threw my hand away from his and glared at me. 

"I don't like you. Don't touch me."

"Mom! I want to go home!" I snapped out of my daze when a child started to cry and looked at Baekhyun. He was still walking ahead of me. 

Atleast it was just me daydreaming.... But regardless of my fear of what COULD happen, I ran up to Baekhyun and hugged his back. From there, I started to cry against my will.

"I miss your warm smile and your corny jokes. I miss you constantly trying to reach out to me even when I resist. I miss you letting me depend on you when I have my phobia attacks. I know we are both new to this, but I still... I still miss the small things."

When I shouted all this out, Baekhyun and I both froze still with me awkwardly hugging his back. Slowly, Baekhyun grabbed my hands and squeezed them, making me let go of him. He then turned around and faced me, placing both of his hands on each of my shoulder. I still had tears running down my cheek, and his face was still straight except for the pain in his eyes.

He said nothing and continued to stare at me, his gaze becoming too heavy by the minute. 

I can't take this anymore. 

I shook off his hands and ran past him towards who knows where. Anywhere but here would be fine at this moment. 

But why was his heart beating so quickly when I was hugging him?

 

Baekhyun's POV:

It was getting harder and harder to detach myself from Heeyoung. More and more, she was losing the smile she would show me the days before the big announcement. However, for her sake, I had to make her hate me. 

I still wanted to spend time with her, so I planned this date course after the partnership meeting. When we got to the Chung-gye-chun, Heeyoung was still fast asleep and I couldn't help but stare at her adorable face. When I couldn't take it anymore, I had to wake her up. 

As we were walking by the river, I kept my face forward and wanted desparately to grab her hand like the couples around us. 

But all of a sudden, from behind me, I felt Heeyoung's arms around my waist and she was crying. 

Crying. 

Because of what I did. 

When she spilled out what was in her mind, I felt my heart break to pieces. I thought she hated me. That's why I was creating distance between us. 

I turned around and faced her wanting to see with my eyes if she was sincere. Her crying face started to put me off in a daze when she shook off my arms and ran past me. 

It took me some time to take in what happened and when I turned around, she was far ahead of me when I started to run after her. 

All my head shouted was, "catch her, or lose her." 

 

Heeyoung's POV:

I had to come to a stop when I was out of breath and was completely lost in my surroundings. I started to turn in circles, hoping to atleast be a little bit familiar of where I was. I couldn't go back to the way I came since I kept taking random twists and turns. Moreover, even if I did go back, I would have to face the rejection of Baekhyun. 

I took out my phone and dialed Hana's number. 

"Hello?" 

"Hana?"

"Hey! What's up? I thought you were out with Baek." 

"Yeah... I'll tell you details later. Are you busy right now?"

"I kind of am... sorry I'm having training right now and the instructors are here as well. I think I will be done in like an hour...?"

"It's okay don't worry about it. See ya."

"I'm sorry... bye!!" 

When I hung up, the busy street life around me made me feel really alone. Looking through my contacts, I tried to find a person I can call that knows about my current situation. 

*Ringing*

"Hello?" 

"Hey are you busy?"

"Heeyoung? Um... no I'm not, what's up?"

"Can you come pick me up? I'll send you the address of a cafe."

"Okay! I'll be there in ten minutes tops." 

After the call, I went into a nearby cafe and asked for their address before ordering myself a cup of coffee. 

This day is far too stressful.

After some time, there was a car horn and I looked out the window. 

Tao.

I paid for my coffee and then went out to Tao's sports car. 

When I got in, Tao greeted me with a huge smile.

"Hey! I didn't think you would actually call me!"

"Yeah I didn't either." 

"Where to?"

"Anywhere but here."

"To China then?(*laugh*)

"I wish..."

"Alright, to China then!" With the booming of his car, he sped off to somewhere. The time was around nine, and for the first time in a long time, I felt freedom. 

--

Baekhyun's POV:

I chased Heeyoung, but she was far too fast and had a head start before me. 

When it became too crowded for me, I went back to my car and drove around the neighborhood.

Just when the light turned to red and I had to stop my car, a very familiar car passed in front of me to the lane opposite of the lane I was in. 

And in the car, I saw Tao. 
With Heeyoung.

 

Seeing this, I made a u-turn and started to chase their car down. 

She confessed to me-yes, indirectly- but why is she in a car with Tao?!

______________________________