Helping hands

Marry me Baekhyun!

Hana's POV:

After that night, everytime Kai and I saw eachother, we would just look away and pass by eachother. 

And everytime we did, my heart would squeeze to the point I had to stop walking to take a breath.

I felt like a huge part of me was missing, but it wasn't to the point where I couldn't function. 

I was waiting for the light to change before crossing it, and for some reason, I took a step forward, thinking that the light had changed. 

As soon as I did, a pair of arms grabbed me from behind around my waist, and pulled me back. I was just a foot away from getting hit by a car, and the car honked at me. I turned around and looked at a very good looking guy who bowed to the car in apology. 

Still surprised, I continued to stare at the guy. 

He finally looked down into my eyes, and I felt my breath catch. The world around us seemed to slow down, and we continued to stare at eachother. 

I finally broke off the eye contact when the light changed and people around us began to cross the street. 

He let go of me and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He grinned at me, and I grinned back at him before I could catch myself. 

When I finally realized, my face was clouded with confusion. "Thank you...um...what's your name?" "I have a feeling we're gonna meet again very soon. When we do, I'll give you my name and number. See ya!" After introducing only himself, the guy ran off across the street to the opposite way I was heading.

I stared after him, even after his head disappeared in the crowd. 

My phone rang, making me snap out of my daze. "Hello?" "Hana! Where are you?! The rehearsal is about to begin!" I gasped and quickly hung up before sprinting across the crosswalk and catching my bus just in time.

-

The whole time I was at practice, I was in a daze and made mistakes that I usually don't make. To make this worse, we were back up dancers for EXO's performance with Girl's Generation, and I was told to take a break for a minute. Heeyoung who came to watch Baekhyun walked up to me with a worried face. 

"Hana, are you feeling okay?" I nodded but sighed. 

"Actually I met someone today... and he-" Before I could finish my sentence, Jessica from SNSD came by me with a few other girls and as she was walking past me, I heard her murmur, "Really... people that mess everyone else up should just stay at home or something...." I glared at her, but she gave me a light smile and walked away. 

I breathed in deeply, and Heeyoung pat my back while I told her what happened.

"WHAT?!" I shushed the surprised Heeyoung who was smiling in glee. 

"Was he good looking? Was he tall? Did he smell nice?" 

"He was good looking yea.... and he was tall... and I'm not that creepy, like you Heeyoung." 

We both laughed and talked about her and Baekhyun before going back into rehearsal. 

"Well... maybe fate is giving you someone more suitable? Be open minded my friend... and be focused during work!" I chuckled while shaking my head and she was giggling as she walked away. 

I was just about to walk back onto stage when someone pulled my arm and pinned me against the wall. 

Even in the shadowed area we were in, I could see the charisma in his eyes. 

"I don't know why you're so off today, but get yourself back together. Your mistakes affect EVERYONE." I scoffed and pushed Kai off me.

"You shouldn't be the one telling me this, stop getting so cocky... and don't talk to me again. Ever." I quickly walked back on stage and somehow managed to go through the rest of the rehearsal without much problem.

 

Kai's POV:

The first half of the rehearsal was a mess. It wasn't just Hana's fault, since everyone was lacking focus, but since Hana was in the front line, people were blaming things on her. 

Our director called for break and everyone had immediately rushed out of the building to grab food for the forty five minute long break. I kept my eyes on Hana who was looking rather bothered today, when I saw Jessica walking by her with her usual crowd. I saw her lips move and Hana glaring at her, and I knew something was up. 

I didn't want to approach Jessica since it would make things very awkward and could spread rumors, so I approached Hana. Right before we went back into rehearsal, I grabbed Hana to talk to her about what was bothering her, but I saw Jessica looking our direction, so to mask up any wrong ideas, I said to Hana, "I don't know why you're so off today, but get yourself back together. Your mistakes affect EVERYONE."

I looked aside and saw Jessica walking away and was about to ask Hana why she was being so bothered and what Jessica had said when Hana's eyes were b with tears. 

This left me speechless, and dumbfounded that the words I had formed were gone. 

"You shouldn't be the one telling me this, stop getting so cocky... and don't talk to me again. Ever."

Every single word in this phrase sent daggers into my heart and this time, the second half of the rehearsal consisted of me making mistakes I should not have. 

 

Hana's POV:

The rehearsal ended, and this time, Kai was the one who was making small mistakes that no one else caught, but I was able to spot. 

I left to grab my bag and entered the locker room. I was still thinking about the guy I had met his mornig and Kai. 

The two of them were so different, yet so similar in various ways. 

The guy I met this morning was so chirpy with a contagious smile while Kai barely smiled but when he did... it lit up the whole world. 

I closed my locker door and walked out of the locker room, getting close to the front door of the building when a group of guys knocked into me, sending all my stuff flying. 

It was like a drama, everything that was happening to me, and what I was going through. If I cried right now, it would really look like a drama, so I picked up my stuff one by one, holding in the tears. 

Just then, a pair of hands came and began to pick up my stuff. The tears in my eyes were blurring things, and it slowly formed a face that looked too familiar. 

"Kai?"

_______________________________-

HELLOOOO!! I'm so, so, sorry I couldn't update quick enough! 

Happy late new year though! Sorry I had exams, and whole bunch of things kept coming up! I promise to update as much as possible as frequently as possible!

Thank you for the comments, and hope you guys enjoy!