Chapter 3: Memory and The Meet

My Brother VS My Lover

 

AUTHOR POV

After donghae and Kangin finish their dinner, donghae wash the dishes and Kangin clean the table. They watch a movie before sleeping since they want to spend their time together. Before, they both are not this close but after the incident, they only have each other in their live now. Kangin was very close with his appa...step appa. Sometimes he feel he was the lucky guy because he having a great step appa. Every time when he and his appa going somewhere and people ask who he is, his appa simply reply ‘he is my only son’ that wonderful lines touch him so much. His appa never mentions him as his step son. His appa always fair to his child and losing him is the last thing he wants to happen. Even he still have mother beside him…still no one can replace him. Even his real dad can never do that. Mr. Lee is just too great for him…he will never ever forget him

 

FLASHBACK-

 

‘‘Uwahhh…cir! Tis ouse ish beutipul’’ the three-years-old boy said as he widen his eyes.

‘‘you think so boy?’’

He just nods his head.

‘’ Angin lake tis ouse!’’

‘‘ahahaha, it’s ‘like’ Kangin, not lake’’ the older chuckle and add ‘‘from now on you and your mother will live here’’ he smile

‘’Willy!?’’ the younger look so happy.

‘’yes Kangin, we will live happily here’’ and he take the younger and piggy back him.

 

FIVE YEAR LATER~

 

‘’I just want to ask you again…you still won’t change it?’’ he look at the boy.

‘’umm…no sir’’ that boy look at the ground.

‘’its okay son’’ he smile

‘’I will do everything for you sir...but I just don’t want to change my family name. Not that I don’t like to change it but….this is the only thing left from my late father after he divorce’’ that boy add.

‘’aigoo Kangin, you are still young but you already think like an adult’’ the older tap his shoulder and giving him a warm smile. That boy lifts his head and smile.

‘’thanks for being understanding sir’’ he said sincere.

‘’and you still call me ‘sir’ eh’’ the older chuckle again

 

ONE YEAR LATER~

 

‘’saeng il chukka ha ham ni da

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

sarang ha neun MR.LEE (sorry I don’t know his name ^^’’)

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da’’

Everyone voice echoing the house. Everyone wish to him and enjoy the birthday party. It was midnight and everyone went home. Donghae and her umma already in their own room. Mr. Lee was about to step up the stairs…

‘’sir…saeng il chuk ha ham ni da’’ that boy stand before him said and smile.

‘’thanks son’’ the older smile widen.

‘’I’m sorry because late wishing birthday at you sir but…I just want to be the last person who wish to you for your birthday today’’ the older never left the smile as the boy talking

‘’let’s talk and have a walk outside shall we?’’

‘’sure sir.. .’’

They went to the balcony.

‘’do you enjoy this party son?’’

‘’yes, I do…it was fun and the foods are delicious’’ the boy smile and look at the moon. ‘’ohh ya!’’ he add. ‘’this is for you sir’’ he give a jewel silver keychain to the older.

‘’ohh, a keychain with your, mine, donghae, and your umma names!’’ the older look so happy at the give.

‘’I’m sorry, I just can give you this sir. I buy it with my own money and I put our family names on that, so that it will never fade. That silver jewel is just like my heart and everyone in this family written on it. Everyone name etched in my heart, so do your name sir’’ that boy said to the older. The older look shock with his son behavior because he barely does something like this. Sometimes he is naughty and sometimes he looks shy but this night it’s a bit different…his son being his true self, and being so open with him. Not that he didn’t open with him before but….it’s just different…

‘’yes…our family’’ the older repeat his son words and that boy smile.

‘’yes…a-a..appa…’’ the elder’s jaw drop to ground after hearing what that boy said.

‘’can you said it again Kangin’’

‘’appa’’

‘’you know…your present is the best among the other..Thanks.’’ the older hug the younger tightly.

‘’I should be the one who thank you appa…my present is nothing compare to you deed and care toward me and umma’’

At the other corner one girl and a woman shed their tears of happiness as they see the wonderful scene.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

‘’oppa *yawning* I’m going to sleep now neh’’ donghae stand up and give a peck on his brother cheek before start walking upstairs.

‘’sleep tight donghae, don’t forget to wash your feet or you will wake up with your smelly foots’’

‘’yah!!! My foots aint smelly like you silly!’’ she puff her cheek and stick her tongue out before continue walk. Kangin just laughing look at his dongsaeng cuteness.

 

DONGHAE POV

 

I roll on my bed but I still can’t close my eyes thinking about what happened at the market earlier and I don’t know if I make a correct decision.

 

FLASHBACK

‘’Aishh, if I know this will happened, I’m sure study hard before’’ he sighed.

‘’its okay oppa. We’ll do it together ne?’’ I gave my warm smile

He looked at me and then smiled

‘’sure dongsaeng’’ he said and pated my head. I’m giggling.

‘’and I’ll work hard to be manager also’’ I said, suddenly he stop pushing the trolley.

I look back at him.

‘’why oppa? Did we forget to buy something?’’ I asked

‘’no..But…are you sure you want to be manager one day?’’ he said and frown. I know he will ask this.

‘’I have made my decision and I have prepared for it mentally’’

‘’but Hae…you want to be a singer don’t you?’’ and we continue walk again.

‘’umm…yeah. But our company is the most important now’’

‘’don’t do something if you don’t want it donghae’’

‘’I said this because I want it oppa, maybe I can be a singer and a manager at same time’’ I smile playfully but inside I feel kinda disappoint…I really want to be a singer..But I can’t let anyone take the manager and CEO position to anyone! I can’t trust all those people…so I want that position only for oppa and me.

‘’ *sigh* are you sure? How about your dream?’’

‘’well…if there’s will there’s way oppa’’ I smile sincerely and he taps my shoulder.

‘’aish you kid. Do whatever you want if that’s make you happy ne? I’ll support you in anything’’ he smile.

‘’ne oppa! I’ll will work hard!’’

‘’yah!! Don’t work too hard. Let’s just enjoy our work and have our happiness’’

‘’you are right, but in our age…maybe it will be a…bit too hard’’ I said under my breath

We both sigh in sync.

END OF FLASH BACK.

***

NEXT DAY

AUTHOR POV

 

‘’yahhh!!! I just bought my credit card!’’

‘’but miss…we only take cash here’’

‘’aish! What with this book shop eh? Urgh, people nowadays use credit card! Don’t you know it?’’

‘’I’m sorry miss but we only take cash here’’

‘’how many times you want to repeat it? Aishh’’ she try to search for some cash in her handbag. ‘Ahhh!! Donghae donghae, why don’t you bring your money? Now you make yourself in mess! People around must have think that you don’t have money!!! This is frustrating!!’ she curses herself while searching for money in her bag.

‘’please count my books and her. Let me pay for it’’ the boy with black frame and think glasses pay for his and donghae book. Donghae widen her eyes, unable to say anything.

‘’umm..Kaja?’’ that boy said to her. And she just follows him after she takes her books.

‘’umm, thanks for helping me earlier’’ she manage to say even she still awkward from what happened just now.

‘’ohh its fine!’’ that boy said.

‘’have you take your lunch?’’ that boy ask

‘’hmm…not yet’’ donghae reply him

‘’want to take lunch together?’’

‘’umm, yah sure but if use credit, let me pay okay?’’

‘’ehh? Why?’’

‘’Nah. Because you helped me and now I want to payback your deed. Let think this is my treat ne?’’

‘’ohh, okay then if you think so’’ that boy feel soo happy and smile like idiot, lucky donghae didn’t see it

***

‘’WHAT?!’’

‘’said we don’t use credit card here miss’’

‘What the…’ she thought.

‘’how much it cost?’’ that boy ask the cashier.

‘’ohh only 15000 Woon’’

He pays the bills and they walk outside the café.

‘’ne…thanks again for paying the bills’’ her face went red due to embarrassment.

‘’nah! Its fine’’ that boy grinned.

‘’I think I will go home now, see ya’’ she said

‘’ohh okay, see you again at school tomorrow donghae’’

She almost turns his body toward opposite direction but she turn back to that boy.

‘’wait? What is your name? I’m sorry, I know we are in the same class, but since we barely talked. I’m kinda forgot your name’’ she asks with guilty face.

‘’ohh that, it’s my fault also because barely talk to you’’ he said and add

‘’by the way, my name is………..’’

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄(✿◠‿◠)

keke thnx again for subs, commenting, read my fic! <3

i hope you enjoy today chapter! :D