Chapter 1: In A Blink of Eyes

My Brother VS My Lover

 

DONGHAE POV

I was the happiest girl alive in this world! I have a lovely family and I live peacefully…all teacher like me at the school…I’m a smart student too…I don’t like crowded place…hmm I can say my life was very fantastic. I love my appa so much! He is the best father in this world! I love umma too! She is the greater umma in this world! And I have a brother, he doesn’t talk much with me and sometimes we are awkward when we are alone at some place maybe because he is my step brother. But! Love him too. There’s one thing only I don’t like about him. He is a lazy and a ! Everyone always said…

‘’you are smart and pretty you know. But why you have that Kangin as your brother huh?’’

Every time I heard that, I feel my blood boiling. But being a cool and smart person I just stay still and ignore them. Even though he is a lazy and , he is still my brother! They don’t have the right to judge him! I don’t care what people said as long as I have my lovely family and peaceful life.

 

But….that all is a ‘’was’’….

 

***

 

AUTHOR POV

 

 

Today Mr. and Mrs. Lee are going to celebrate their anniversary. They had planned to have dinner at 5 stars hotel. So they told Kangin to stay at home to accompany donghae since she’s hate to be alone.

 

FLASHBACK-

   ‘’ be a good girl will you?’’ Mr. Lee pats his daughter hair. ‘’appa!! I’m not kid anymore!!’’ donghae puffed her cheek cutely. ‘’donghae, Kangin, umma and appa loves you so much! Take care of yourself okay? Live happily arasso? Be strong each time and stay with each other so no one can harm you’’ their umma said that and hug donghae and Kangin tightly. ‘’it’s not like you are going forever umma! Why are you talk like this?’’ donghae look at her umma directly in eyes. ‘’ we just love you so much…remember that… we will be watching you’’ now their appa voice. It was silent for couple seconds, then, their appa said.

‘’now! Let’s go darling! I can leave them now’’. ‘’ahh right, It almost time’’ Mrs. Lee glance at her watch.

Suddenly...

‘’Happy Anniversary…umma…appa…’’ Kangin said that. ‘’ I love you both so much’’ then he hug him.

‘’we love you so much too Kangin! Take care of your dongsaeng arasso! I really trust her on you’’ his appa whisper to him while hugging him but everyone can hear that. Donghae in other hand just smiling, she is so touching with this scenery. After they broke the hug, donghae went to them and hug them tightly. ‘’ Happy Anniversary too umma…appa…’’ donghae said and smile. –

Their parents enter the car and bit good bye to them. Donghae wave her hands toward her parents. Kangin caught a meaningful smile from his father…his step father…for good 5 minutes the two sibling stand quietly looking at the care until it disappear from their sight.

‘’Hae… lets go. We are not going to stand here for whole night.’’ Kangin broke the silent. And he walks toward the door the suddenly…

‘’don’t you feel it?’’ donghae ask him. He looks back at donghae. He can see donghae kind of frown there.

‘’they will be alright. …right?’’ donghae add.

‘’they will Hae. Now come in, you will catch cold if you standing there for long’’ Kangin said and enter the house. He keep his poker face even inside he feel something wrong. ‘Aish! What with this feeling’ he thought.

Both of the siblings watching ‘Finding Nemo’ at the living room. They both laugh at some funny scene. Kangin not the type who like to watch this kind of movie, but because donghae want to watch it so much, he just fine with it. Plus, it’s not something weird to watch finding Nemo for a gangster like him…right?

The phone ringing…

‘’answer the phone Hae....’’ said Kangin while his eyes still on the 42 inch Plasma LCD TV.

‘’I’m still watching…you go answer it oppa’’ Hae said while taking some popcorn from a glass bowl she hold.

‘’you better go answer now’’ Kangin said, not moving even an inch.

Give up with her brother behavior, donghae stand up and walk toward the phone bring the popcorn with her.

‘’annyong haseyo’’ she said.

‘’annyong haseyo…are one of Lee’s family talking now?’’ a man with nice voice talk on the phone.

‘’yes, I’m Lee Donghae, Mr. Lee’s daughter’’

‘’ohh miss…I’m Doctor Zhoumi. We want to inform you something….and please stay calm…’’ Dr. Zhoumi said carefully

‘’what’s wrong doctor?’’ Hae ask, she can feel her heart beating so fast.

‘’…your parents got into an accident and now them…’’ she couldn’t take it, the bowl of popcorn she was holding fall into the ground make a sharp noise.

‘’hello miss? Are you alright?’’ Dr. Zhoumi voice can be heard from the telephone.

‘’what with that noise Hae?’’ Kangin ran toward donghae. ‘’Hae? Are you okay? What’s wrong?’’ donghae didn’t answer. She let the tears stream down her cheek.

‘’hello?’’ Dr. Zhoumi voice still can be heard. Kangin take the phone and talk.

‘’hello? Who’s this?’’ he said

‘’hello…may I know with who I’m talking now?’’-Dr. Zhoumi

‘’my name is Kangin, I’m Donghae’s brother’’

‘’ohh…I’m doctor Zhoumi…from Soul City Hospital…we want you to come here as fast as possible-‘’

‘’just tell me what’s wrong!!’’ Kangin can’t hold his curious anymore

‘’…your parents got into an accident’’

***

 

It was already midnight. The meter shown 210 km/h….the sweat dropping from his forehead….the car filled with sobbing…..

‘No, please tell me this is just a joke’ ‘please…..’ that’s all he can think at that moment…

….desperation

….hurt

….pain

He parked the car, and quickly opens the door for his sister; they enter the hospital and walk toward the emergency room.

‘’Doctor..?’’ Kangin tried to call a man with white suit who is standing in front the ICU.

But that person just shakes his head, and the sobbing voice can be heard along the hallway

-end of flash back

***

 

AUTHOR POV

They all standing there. Looking at the grave with red eyes. Even there’s a lot of people…still….it was quiet… the only sound there is only the sobbing….she stand there…the other two girls hug her tight.

‘’Hae…I’m sorry’’

‘’Hae…please be strong’’

‘’….’’ Nothing comes out from . She looks at her parent’s grave unbelievably. She blinks few times.

The sky starting to darken. The two girls still stick with her. They don’t want to go anywhere even if there’s raining. What they want is stand there beside their friend.

‘’hyung…’’ they boy with maroon hair call the older.

‘’…’’ no reply.

‘’we always here beside you hyung. If you want anything…just call us’’ the maroon hair boy adds

He looks up at the sky and closes his eyes.

‘’Kangin…we always here. Never forget it.’’ The older with blue hair said

He opens his eyes and smile bitterly.

‘’Yesung….Top hyung…you can go now…just give me some space….I will call you later…it’s going to rain soon’’

The other looks at each other and nods their head. The older with blue hair raise his hand signally the other to leave the heartbroken guy in front of them.

‘’your parents such a nice person on earth Kangin-shii’’ the old man said and tap his shoulder

‘’god love them… be strong…ne’’ the old man add.

He just nods. Unable to say anything. The old man walks away. Now, there are only 4 people left there. Kangin, donghae, and two of Donghae’s friend who loyal standing by her side. Kangin walk toward his dongsaeng. She stares at the grave blankly. Both of Donghae’s friends step aside, giving some space to the older and their friend.

‘’Sungmin…Kibum…you two can go now if you want. The rain will pour in any time’’ Kangin said concern.

‘’we want to stay here’’ said Sungmin and Kibum in sync.

Kangin just let them be and tap Donghae’s shoulder.

‘’Dongh-‘’ as he wants to break the silent..

‘’this is wrong….’’ The younger cut him first..

‘’this is not true….’’ She add

‘’I’m dreaming….right oppa?’’ she look at her brother with watery eyes.

‘’…’’ the older look at her

‘’oppa….said something…..’’ the tears drop from her right eyes and stream down her cheek.

‘’….Hae-ah....’’

‘’oppa…’’ she hugs the older. Tightly.

The sobbing of the two behind them can be heard as well. They can feel the hurt as well. Now their friend is crying in her brother embrace.

‘’let it out donghae…cry as much as you want….I don’t want to stop you…I promise I will be here…protect you…make sure you are safe’’ Kangin look at the sky. Yeaterday they are complete as a family, now...everything change...everything happend so fast... As the tears start dropping, the rain starts to pour.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄(✿◠‿◠)