Janggu Competition

No Mercy, I'm Going Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soundtrack 4:
Number 1
I Make You Mine

 

Time has passed, a few months, in fact. It’s now the middle of your second year and high school and the anticipated Janggu Drum Competition is today. You and Daehyun had promised to be there for Himchan during the competition to cheer him on. The competition was on a Saturday, at 10am in the morning. You were annoyed at the fact that it was so early, but you didn’t want to miss the competition for anything. Daehyun lived a bit close to the school and was barely home anyways so he didn’t mind.

The only problem was that you were late. You just got out of the house and the competition was already about to start. As you ran down the road cursing under your breath you tried making calls to Daehyun. You were lucky that he answered on the first ring. He seemed calm, while you were panting and trying to talk at the same time.

“Where. Are. You?” you asked, breathing hard.

“Calm down, Remi! Haha, I’m in front of the school.”

“I’ll. Be there. Just now.” You said. When you hung up you threw your phone in your red back pack and threw it over your back. Your hat was bouncing on your head annoyingly so you held it down with one of your hands as you ran. When you reached near the school and saw Daehyun leaning on the wall, texting. You fixed your hat and put on a huge smile. You exhaled deeply and hopped to him, pulling his hand by surprise.

“Ah! Remi you scared me!”

“Come on, let’s go!” you said, smiling at him before pulling him into the crowd. Almost all of the seats were taken except for two near the front of the benches. You smiled, persuaded that Himchan had preserved those seats. You pulled Daehyun to sit down and laughed when you saw the signs that said “Reserved for Remi, Daehyun” on it. You sat down, and looked at the stage to find Himchan smiling like an idiot when he saw you two. Both you and Daehyun waved to him and the drum was hit to indicate the start of the competition.

Your eyes wandered to the other participants to find their weaknesses and strong points compared to Himchan’s. Each participant had one minute to play the Janggu as best as they could, and there were about five contestants. When they were done, the crowd would cheer at who they liked and the person who got the least amount of cheers would lose, and it would continue like that until only one person was left.

The first person to go was one of Himchan’s friends, and he was pretty good. Everyone clapped when he was done, and then it was Himchan’s turn. You and Daehyun cheered when he was done and you saw Daehyun look at you while you were cheering. You looked at him and smiled, and this periodically happened every time Himchan was done playing.

It was down to two people when you nervously grabbed Daehyun’s arm in anticipation. You felt his hand start to sweat as you squeezed it and a large smile flew across h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter