Troubled

No Mercy, I'm Going Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The scent of coffee beans aded throughout the golden-hued coffee shop. Sounds of espresso machines and apologetic baristas filled the warm air. 

Yet the air around your corner table seemed to be tight, awkward, making it almost difficult for you to breathe. 

"What did you say your name was, again?" Yongguk looked down to his hands before repeating his name, barely above a whisper. "I couldn't hear that, can you say it again?" You could tell by the way Yongguk curled the edge of his mouth that he was probably squeezing his hands together."Remi, I don't think your new friend can talk," Himchan chuckled and leaned back in his seat, sat up to look at Yongguk again, then slumped back down.

"Yongguk. My name is Yongguk. Sorry."

"I'm sorry Yongguk, Himchan can be a little hostile sometimes." You glared at your childhood friend and he just shrugged. 

"Um. I'll go order our drinks. What would you want, Himchan?" Himchan responded by raising an eyebrow before telling him he just wanted an iced mocha. Yongguk left before either of you can say anything after that.

"What, he's not getting anything for you?" Himchan asked. You waited until Yongguk was on the line to lean in a little closer to Himchan, who was sitting directly across from you.

"Listen, this guy may seem a little off to you but he's actually really sweet. He made me breakfast yesterday!" You could see Himchan's face drop before your eyes.

"He made you... breakfast? As in he was in your house in the morning, making you breakfast? How did you guys meet again?"

"I told you, the night I had the late shift-" Before you could finish, Yongguk props down two drinks on the table.

"Here's yours, Himchan. Remi's drink is taking longer cause they ran out of caramel... I'll be back."

"Remi, I'm telling you, there's something off about that guy." Himchan's eyebrows were furrowed deep, and the sincere worry in his eyes almost made you forget why you were even with Yongguk here in the first place. You stared at him, wanting to protest, but afraid to say something you might regret. How did we meet? 

Yongguk slides into the booth next to Himchan and places your drink in front of you. It was the drink you always ordered, a caramel frappuccino. 

"How did you know?"

 

The rest of the week flew by normally without any word back from Yongguk. You could not help but to think back to when he and Himchan first met. The clumsy barista that previously messed up your order  knocked into someone who was passing by your booth, causing Yongguk's drink to spill all over his clothes. Before you could say anything to him, he got up, cursed under his breath, and stormed out of the coffee shop. You haven't heard from him since.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter