The man in the gray hoodie

No Mercy, I'm Going Crazy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You held on tightly to your bag as you walked towards the bus stop. Your boss asked you to close up shop so you ended up leaving work almost close to midnight. It was your first time home alone since your brother moved out, and since your parents were on a trip out of the country for a few weeks. You locked the back door of the shop and stepped into the dark alley, suddenly aware of every speck of grass that crept through the concrete and every shadow that emerged from the street lights. You felt an eerie presence at the back of your neck and nearly ran out of the alley and into the street. You walked as fast as you could to the bus stop, which seemed to be the brightest source of light to peek through the darkness. Distant chatter and laughter echoed through your ears as some people walked by, but for some reason you felt as if you could almost here the silent yelling of a shadow in your corner. You shook it off, thinking it was just you being paranoid. 

When the bus arrived, you quietly walked in and the doors closed behind you. You walked down the car and looked for an empty seat, and found the perfect little window seat on the right. A few seconds after picking your place, you heard a loud banging on the door and the bus doors behind you were opened again. There was a tall, skinny but muscular figure in a large gray sweater and a fitted hat inside the hood. You almost shivered at the aroma this man gave off, scared that if you looked for too long he might do something. You walked towards your seat and noticed that the same man chose to sit in the window seat that was parallel to you. You felt an intense gaze coming from his direction and you awkwardly took out for phone to text Himchan.

"I don't think I should work the night shift anymore," you texted him. As usual, your phone binged within seconds with his responses.

"Did something happen? Are you okay? Where are you" You smiled at the amount of worry you could imagine showering over him. You may never find anyone else that would care about you as much as your best friend did. 

The intense feeling of someone washing you rushed through your veins once again, and you hid your phone and held onto your bag tightly. This feels wrong, you thought to yourself. The bus reached to your regular stop, but you decided to stay on for one more stop just be sure that if anyone planned on following you today, they would have to go through a lot more work. You noticed that the man in the sweater stood up when it came to your stop, but sat back down when he noticed you didn't get up. His eyes never left you. I knew something was up. Now you weren't sure what to do. When the bus stopped again, you quickly left the bus and ran to the nearest convenience store. You weren't ready to head home yet. You pulled out your phone and let him know that you were okay, just that you don't think you should work the night shift when you're home alone. 

"I'll pick you up from work every day until your parents get home!" You sighed in gratitude, forever thankful for his effort. You bought a few snacks and vegetables and headed home, only thinking of what to make for breakfast and what plans to make with Himchan and his friends this week. You fumbled with your keys at the front door and opened to the door to a dark and empty house. You quickly flipped on the light switch in the front and started packing your things away in the kitchen. You found a glass of water sitting in the fridge and took it out to drink. You leaned on your counter and faced your living room, acknowledging the loneliness you felt. You got through half of the glass before feeling a strange heaviness to your eyelids. You went ahead to put the glass down and noticed that your entire body began to feel heavy and drunk with drowsiness. You had a brief moment of forgetfulness as you started to question what you were doing in the kitchen at 1am. You headed up the stairs and began searching for your brother.

"Oppa?!" No answer. You swung open his door and found it empty and untouched, but you still insisted that you would find him somewhere. You sluggishly walked over to your room and searched for your light, completely unaware of where it was. "Oppa where are you?!" You started pulling the air, feeling for the string you attached to your ceiling fan that also had a light on it. 

"So you already know I'm your oppa." you heard a deep voice say. It almost sounded disjointed.

"You're not him! Who the are you?!"

"You and Himchan won't work out. It can't work out. I won't let it." The words of the stranger were slurred and watery, almost as if they had been washed down and soaked in water.

"What the are you talking about?! You are you?!"

“Call me Yongguk oppa,” he said in a soft voice. Suddenly his voice no longer sounded ragged and butchered; now it was smooth and deep, almost sensual to your ears. He pulled yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter