chapter eight;

More Than This

 

 
 
 
"What are you doing here?" Miyoung asked, opening the door to see Luhan. 
 
 
"I came to visit." He said lifting up his over night bag, she tilted her head to the side. 
 
 
She looked at him for awhile, not sure what to say or even think. Why did he come after her now? Two years later? 
 
 
"Come in." She moved to the side, letting him in. He hesitated before walking in.
 
 
"My parents aren't home. They went up to Seoul, visiting my aunt and uncle."
 
 
"How long will they be gone for?" He asked following her upstairs. 
 
 
"A few days, they weren't expecting any guests." She puckered her lips. Luhan was really unexpected. 
 
 
"I'm sorry for intruding. I had to see you." They were in the guest room, where Luhan had always stayed. But she remembered when he snuck out, going into her bedroom to stay there for the night instead. She was sure Luhan remembered as well, he was smiling to himself now. 
 
 
"Unpack, are you hungry? I'll make you some breakfast." 
 
 
"Maybe we could make it together?" He asked hopefully, remembering the last time they cooked. 
 
 
"Sure, just unpack, I'll be downstairs." She forced a smile before going downstairs. 
 
 
The two cooked breakfast together, she was quiet the whole time, Luhan was quiet as well; hoping that she would talk and vie for his attention like before. But that wasn't going to happen. 
 
 
"When are your parents coming home?" He asked, picking at his food. 
 
 
"They will be back in a three days. How long will you stay?" 
 
 
"Just two days, if that's okay with you." He shrugged. She said it was okay. 
 
 
They were quiet around one another, not knowing what to say or do. They just were in the living room doing nothing but watching TV. 
 
 
Luhan cleared his throat, "What do you want to do later? Maybe we could go to that meadow with the lake?" 
 
 
"Sure, my mom's car is here. So we could drive instead of walking." Walking would take half an hour compared to five minutes in the car. 
 
 
She went upstairs to her room, changing into a floral print dress and cardigan. She put on some flats. When she came out of her room she walked past Luhan's where he was getting ready as well; he had changed into some jeans and a striped cardigan.
 
 
Once they got to the meadow, they laid a blanket down. Both of them sitting on opposite corners. 
 
 
"Have you been talking to Sehun?" Luhan asked, getting a sip of his drink. 
 
 
"No, not since the fight. I don't know if I want to talk to him any time soon." She shrugged, getting a book out of her bag. She laid down on her back while Luhan did the same but he was facing her. 
 
 
"You've changed so much." He looked at her, taking in her features. 
 
 
"That's the funny thing about people, they always change."
 
 
"Did you feel guilty? When you cheated?" 
 
 
"What about you? How did you feel?" She put her book down. 
 
 
"I felt terrible. I think I felt that I could do whatever since you weren't with me. But I guess you felt the same..." 
 
 
"Luhan, yes, I cheated." She admitted, "But I didn't do it because I could do whatever since you weren't there, I did it because I wanted the attention I wasn't getting it from you." 
 
 
"Yonghwa, was it that serious?" Recalling the guy Miyoung almost married. 
 
 
"Yes, it was. But I couldn't do it, I couldn't pick up the phone and tell you, tell you I wanted to leave you; so I left Yonghwa."
 
 
"Would you leave me again?" Luhan asked, but she couldn't answer; was Luhan even worth it? She certainly didn't regret leaving him the first time.