chapter five;

More Than This

 

"Why am I an idiot?" Sehun said quietly to himself, they were in the van, heading to a concert in Jeju. 
 
 
"Look, you two will be back together in no time." Kai tried to comfort him, but he simply turned away. 
 
 
"I'm afraid that it won't happen..." He sighed, thinking about Luhan and Miyoung. 
 
 
"Well, she is planning and attending Xiumin's birthday party, right?" Chanyeol asked, a little unsure. 
 
 
"She should be, she texted me herself." Kai confirmed, "She texted me a few days after..." The conversation ended there. 
 
 
                                   ##
 
 
"When are you going to see him again?" SooJi asked, they were at SooJi's house, watching some movies; having some girl time. 
 
 
Miyoung sighed, "Look, can we just talk about well anything but him?" She looked away, but she had been thinking about him the whole time. She probably wasn't going to see him until the birthday party next week, which she still had to set up and buy the food and decorations. Which meant stopping by the dorm. 
 
 
'Is Sehun at the dorms?' She texted Kai, knowing he would know. 
 
 
'No, we are going to Jeju right now.' She sighed, knowing today would be the perfect day to get some things done. 
 
 
She left after the movie, explaining to SooJi about the party. 
 
 
"Well, make sure you do one thing for me at this party. Work it out with Sehun." She smiled before hugging her goodbye. 
 
 
She drove to Costco*, buying some candies, chips, and drinks. She stopped by a party store, picking up some birthday decorations, she also called a party rental place; ordering some tables. In the end she drove all over town to pick up some more things and also ordered a cake.
 
 
She opened the door, courtesy of the key Sehun gave her, before the break up of course. When she opened it she saw Kris and Luhan sprawled out on the sofa, it was getting late it was nearly nine. 
 
 
"Hey." She smiled, placing one of the many boxes on the table in the kitchen. 
 
 
"Is that only for Xiumin's birthday? I'm hungry." Kris smiled hopefully. 
 
 
"Yeah, but I could give you a bag of chips. I could just buy another one later." She shrugged throwing a bag to him. 
 
 
She set some stuff in the refrigerator marking what was for the party. It had taken almost two hours, she smiled at her accomplishment. But she saw that Luhan was still in the living room, Kris had left. 
 
 
"Is it okay if I sit here? I'm a little tired." She sat down, seeing Luhan just glanced at her and went back to watching the TV. "Do you know when the boys will be home at?" She asked another question, but he didn't answer. 
 
 
She sighed, "Luhan, I'm sorry for what happened over a year ago. I just wish we could be friends." 
 
 
"That's what you want." He said harshly, "Do you have any clue what it did to me? Not only did I lose my girlfriend, but two best friends." Luhan finished, his eyes softening. But what got to her was that he referred to her as a best friend, but how could he call her both of those titles when it was one sided? "Is it wrong that I want to kiss you right now? So badly." He looked away. "I missed you all this time."
 
 
 
 
 
 
*and yes there are costcos in korea.