Chapter 8

Our Little Angel

It was Friday. Every time I wanted to talk with Daehyun someone had to be around. I was waiting on a bench in front of Jimin’s kindergarten for her classes to end. I was thinking about Daehyun’s confession. I knew I felt something more that friendship for him, but I couldn’t say if it was love.

The bell woke me up from my thinking. Jimin was walking towards me.

“Hello, mommy. Where’s daddy?”

“Hello, Jimin. He will come later with the luggage. We’ll wait him in an ice-cream shop nearby.” After half of hour he arrived.

“Let’s go. The bus already arrived.”

The ride lasted three hours. The sun was setting when we arrived. The light became orange and it covered the ageless forest. A camp which looked like a traditional village dressed the slope of the mountain. Each family received a little house. The bed was also traditional, a mattress on the heated floor, pillows and a blanket.

After we unpacked, we sat around the campfire. The children played in the grass and the parents praised them. Me and Daehyun sat awkwardly and listened to them talking about how the children grew up.

“You two look so young to have already a child this age. Your parents agreed to keep the baby?” an older woman asked. Her husband made a sign to shut up.

“We adopted Heeyoung.” Daehyun said.

“Such a young couple. It’s a shame you can’t have children, but you should have waited a little more time until you adopted her.”

“Honey, it’s not your business.”

“She is right.” another woman said. “You need to enjoy life when you are young. It’s a waste of time to raise somebody else’s child.”

My blood stated to boil and I could feel Daehyun stiffening, but it all went away when I saw Jimin with teary eyes. Daehyun ran to her and I followed him after I sent my meanest glare to those women. Fresh tears stained Jimin’s cheeks. We hugged her.

“Mommy, daddy, I am a burden for you?”

“Honey, how can you think this?” I said.

“Jimin, you and your mother are the miracle of my life. I am so happy to have you two. If anyone says something else don’t take it to heart. You are my little angel that I will always love.” Daehyun told her.

We walked hand in hand to our room. This time Daehyun sent mean looks to the women. A lady that stood near the fire came towards us.

“You are Jung Daehyun, the member of BAP? I am a big fan. Can you give me your autograph?”

“I’m sorry but now I’m not Jung Daehyun, the singer, I’m just a normal parent.” he excused himself.

“Daddy is really cool.”

“And I’m not?” I pouted trying to look sad.

“Mommy is cool, too. “

Jimin was sleeping between us. She was tired from the road. Daehyun was also asleep, but I couldn’t sleep. I went outside and sat on the grass. The stars were shining brightly creating complicated patterns.

I felt a pair of arms on my shoulders.

“You will catch a cold if you don’t come inside.” Daehyun said.

“I can’t sleep.” I responded. He sat next to me and put his arms around my body. His chin rested on my shoulder and his body warmed me. We stayed like that until we couldn’t stand the coldness of the night.