Chapter 6

Our Little Angel

It was past midnight when I heard the front door open. I walked to see who it was and I saw Minzy dragging her feet. She plopped on the sofa.

“Food, food. I’m starving. I had to clean the whole studio, even those gigantic mirrors.” she said.

“Go and take a shower and I’ll make you a sandwich.”

“You are the best.”

While I was looking in the fridge, Bom entered the kitchen.

“ A glass of warm milk?” I asked her.

“ It would be great. I had to work for the new collection. My hands are hurting me so hard from all that drawing.” I put the glass full of milk in front of her, she drank it and went to bed.

Not long after that CL came home, smelling like alcohol. That day she won a race and the team went to celebrate. I gave her some water and helped her to get to her bed.

After Minzy ate her sandwich, Dara came from a photo shoot.

“Where did you shoot this time?”

“In a cherry orchard. Nice place. How was your day?”

“ I visited my father with Jimin and Daehyun then we spent the time with his friends.”

“Nothing interesting happened?”

“Define interesting.”

“I don’t know, a kiss, a hug, maybe he fell asleep on your shoulder?”

“No, nothing like that.”

“Liar, Youngjae sent me the picture.”

“And since when were you two so close that he knows your number?” that made her quiet. “I’m going to sleep now.”

“Good night.”

The next morning I left Jimin with Daehyun because I had classes. After six hours of school, I went to the hospital where I sorted some files. I finished and went at Daehyun’s place. When I arrived they were watching Winnie the Pooh.

“Hi, mommy!”

“Hello, sweetie! Hello, Daehyun!” he waved at me.

“We have been waiting for you. Let’s eat!” he said. I was preparing to get my shoes, but he dragged me in the kitchen.

“Today I cooked.” I was looking at him suspiciously. “Yes, I can cook. Now stop looking at me like that.”

After we ate the pasta he made, I was helping him to wash the dishes.

“I can do that on my own.” he said.

“At least let me help you with this.” He accepted.

After we finished, we watched a movie. Jimin fell asleep fast and Daehyun carried her to her room. After that he came back and sat next to me. I wanted to leave, but he insisted to wait until the movie is over. I was concentrating on the movie when I felt his stare.

“Stop staring.”

“Make me.”

I pushed his head with my finger, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me close.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I am cold.” he said innocently.

“Then take a blanket.”

“Will you join me underneath it?” I looked at him dumbfounded. “I just don’t want you to catch a cold. What were you thinking about?” he smirked. “But that is also a good idea.” I pushed him.

I was going to leave but he asked me if I have a car.

“No, I don’t. Why?”

“It’s late. The buses aren’t working, nor the subway and it’s dangerous to ride a taxi at this hour. Stay here tonight” he said. “in Jimin’s room” he added.

“Fine.” I agreed.

“Go and take a shower and I’ll leave at the doorstep some clothes.”