Chapter 3

Our Little Angel

A week after we completed all the documents we could take Jimin. I met with Daehyun in front of the orphanage. We were still awkward with each other.

“Hi” he said.

“Hello” A suffocating silence covered us. We entered the old building.

She took her teddy bear, a present from her parents, and a little backpack and came out of her room. She was very happy to see us.

“Mommy! Daddy!” She jumped in Daehyun’s arms. He smiled and caressed her back.

“ How are you little angel?” he asked her.

“I’m very happy. I have a real family again. I can’t wait to live together.”

After we left the orphanage, we went to a cake shop. Jimin picked a big heart-shaped chocolate cake. I fed her a mouth of cake.

“ Feed daddy too.” I reluctantly put the fork near his full pink lips. He hesitated for a few second, but eventually took the piece of cake.

“You have some chocolate in the corner of your lips. Let me clean it.” he said and removed the sweet cream of my face. Jimin was looking expectantly at us.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“You look like the couples that were walking around the park.”

“So that’s what our Jimin is doing when she is bored. Spying people is not nice.” Daehyun said ruffling her hair. When he said <> my heart skipped a beat. I realized that were now strongly connected not by that night spent together, but majorly by the child we decided to raise.

“We won’t live together?” Heeyoung asked after she found out that we live separately.

“ Sorry, Jimin but this isn’t possible.” I told her.

“But why?” she questioned us, her eyes being full of sadness.

We didn’t know how to answer her. At the orphanage we saw a photo of her parents. We were looking alike. We understood why Jimin taught we were them.

“What about we talk about this another time? Jimin you should stay with mommy tonight. Tomorrow you can come and meet your uncles.” Daehyun said her calmly.

“Fine…” She then hugged Daehyun. “Good night, daddy.”

“Sleep well, little angel.” He kissed her forehead. He looked like a loving father.

We arrived home and a sea of balloons flooded the living room. Dara and Minzy were holding a <> sign. CL and Bom hugged Jimin. She looked a little surprised by all the attention she was receiving. The girls presented themselves and showed Jimin her new room.