After Dinner

Love Haven (hiatus)

Luhan was relieved when dinner was finally over.  It was not exactly the dinner date he had imagine, so the moment Victoria excuse herself from their table to walk alone, he took that chance to go out as well.

He could still remember their awkward conversation, never in his life had he experience an out of the blue marriage proposal, much more from a person he just met.

He halts on his step when he notices someone sitting in the gazebo.

"He...Hello" He said uncertainly as he walk towards the figure. "Yoongie, what are you doing here, alone?" He said when he finally able to recognize the girl

"I could ask you that too."

"But I asked first."

"Well, i just want to get some fresh air, you?" 

"Same reason." 

Silence.

"Is it okay if I stay here or do you prefer to be alone?" Luhan broke the silence. "I mean i already have enough fresh air so if you want me to go i..."

"Stay" she said "There is enough air for both of us" she continued

"How did it go with your date?" He asked her emphasizing the word date.

"Well… the food was great from the appetizer to the dessert”

“I see, how about Chanyeol?”

“He’s quiet talkative and he did try his best to make me comfortable with him, you how was your date?”

“I was okay”

“Ms. Song is very pretty, I’m sure you had fun”

“Well, she is quite different from what I had expect”

“Aren’t most people we just met like that?”

Before Luhan could tell her what happen on his date, someone called out Luhan’s name.

They quickly stood up in surprise, her dress was caught in a wood splinter of the gazebo ripping it on the side.  She quickly holds her dress, luckily the rip was not that long but it was enough to expose her thigh a bit.

“Oh what to do, I just barrowed this dress”

"Are you okay" he said and instinctively looks at her ripped dress, but quickly looks away when he realizes what part of her dress was ripped. "You can use my suit to cover it up" he offers immediately.

"Thanks" she said wrapping his suit around her waist like a jacket.

“I’m really sorry about the dress”

“Its okay, its not your fault, I’ll just explain to Seohyun, anyway I need to g back inside, I’ll just return your coat tomorrow”

“Okay, I’ll just walk you to your room”

“No, its okay besides, I think Ms. Song wants to talk you”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes don’t worry, it’s not like my room is on the other side of the mountain?” he said as she pick up her shoes “So see you”

“See you” he said as he watch her walk away on barefoot.

 

####

 

After a great dinner date with Seohyun, it was time for to walk her to her room.  They are now on first name basis and on occasional pet name calling.

"You really proved me wrong Kris oppa,"

"You too Hyunnie,"

“I had fun hanging with you Picasso, next time your gonna have to give me one of your art works”

"No problem Boss, I will give you a very rare painting of mine”

“I will look forward to it then”

“You should, anyway I really had a great night”

“Me too”

“So…”

“Oh oppa were here already”

“So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Of course oppa, we technically live in the same house.”

“Haha right, so goodnight”

“Goodnight”

"Hey Boss." He called out to her, stopping her from opening her door

“Yes?”

Out of nowhere, he leaned over and pressed his lips against her cheek. It was very brief, very quick. She was shock and she look at him with almost childlike eyes.

"What was that for?" She inquired.

"Goodnight kiss” He said “It’s a friendly goodnight kiss” he explained further.

She nodded slowly, taking all of it in. She had no idea why he did it.

"So i should go in now, it’s getting late"

"Ah right, goodnight"

 

####

 

"So you really played piano before?" He ask Jessica curiously

They are now in the music room as Kyuhyun manage to persuade her to  proved to him that indeed she can play the piano.

"Yeah, it was something my dad thought I would like, He didn't know much about what I want, but I did it anyway." As she starts to play happy birthday on the piano.

 “Seriously? the birthday song?”

“It is the only thing I can remember now Mr. ghost singer”

“Well Princess, even kids can play that piece”

“If you are so great why don’t you play something adults can play”

“Oh the ice princess is getting hot” he as he play pachelbel's canon in D

“Not bad, did you play this to impress Seohyun?”

He almost messed up the piece when she mention Seohyun’s name but he manage to recover quickly.

“Haha actually it was the song in the Muppets Movie”

“Muppets? What’s that?”

“Life is a happy song” he replied and played a part of the song for her.

Her uncontrollable laughter filled the quiet air, he turned to her, furrowing his brows in puzzlement.

"What? It’s a cute song”

“It’s a children song” she replied and broke out in loud laughter, clutching her stomach.  “She is really innocent” she continues as she wipes the tears in her eyes.

“She is”

“But I do feel that she likes you too”

“Really, you know I fell like Kris likes you too”

“Kris?, are you insane, even a blind can tell that he don’t like me and I assure you the feeling is mutual”

“Defensive much?”

“I’m not”

"I have a question though," he muttered as Jessica raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?"

"Does your dislike for him includes constant glances to him whenever you can?" he said with a wide grin as she just rolled her eyes.

"As much as I want you for Seohyun I might as well root for Kris from now on." Jessica said sweetly but he can feel her shooting him with death glares.

"I was joking” he laughed awkwardly trying to pacify the annoyed ice princess. "Now I saw Luhan in the gazebo a while ago."

“You better watch what you say Kyu oppa” she said as she went towards the gazebo.

 

####

 

“Luhan” Jessica called him out, she noticed that someone is with him.  Maybe it was his date what’s her name again? Ah right Victoria

When she saw her leaving she made her way to the gazebo.

“Oh  Sica noona it’s you”

“Yeah, are you expecting someone else?”

“No, I mean I wasn’t expecting anyone actually”

“Well looks like you are getting along just fine with your date”

“Date?, that was Yoona”

“Yoona?”

“Yeah, I saw her here so we talk for a while”

“So why did she go?”

“Something came up”

“I see, hey Lulu, can I ask you something that may be considered personal?" she asked politely.

"It depends on the question”

“I was thinking about relationships." She replied thoughtfully.

“You’re not going to ask me to marry you right?”

"No, I mean not yet”

“Not yet?”

“Well you know the reason why I’m here right, I mean me, Kris and Yoona, maybe even Chanyeol and Victoria we are actually looking for someone, you know, like Kyu and Seohyun , it's obvious that they like each other.

“You mean?”

“Eventually we are going to fall in love, it’s just that we don’t know when or to whom, do you by any chance have someone you love?"

She turned back to look at him and as their eyes met, he realized that she wasn't joking when she asked that question. She was really serious about this topic.

"No one, currently." He finally replied.

"I don't either."

"Jessica." He said seriously, staring at her face.

"yes?"

He cups her face and look into her eyes.

“It’s freezing here, we better get inside before we catch a cold” was all he said as he drag her inside the manor.

####

Yoona stopped on her track when she noticed Kris and Seohyun standing near Seohyun’s room. They were talking and by the looks of it they are really enjoying each other’s company.

"Hey Boss." Kris called out to Seohyun, stopping her from opening her door

“Yes?”

Out of nowhere, Kris leaned over to Seohyun and from Yoona’s position it looks like he kissed her on the lips.   

Yoona don’t know what to do so she quietly left the scene.  She didn’t want to spoil their moment.

"Yoongie"

Yoona stopped on her tracks when she heard someone calling her. She turned around and saw Kris.

“Kris what are you doing here?”

"I just walk Seohyun to her room” he explained "What are you doing here?"

"Going back to my room”

“But your room is on the opposite direction”

“Ah right, sorry I’m sleepy and my sense of direction is really bad”

"Is something wrong?" he asked tentatively

“Nothing, I’m fine don’t…”

"You…you saw us…"

“Well accidentally, don’t worry I left immediately so I did not see anything really”

“Yoongie you’re so cute when you’re flustered” he said as he patted her head “Do you want me to walk you to your room too?”

“No, thanks I can manage”

“Okay, so see you around”

“See you”

“Ah Yoona goodnight” he said and kiss her cheek “It’s not what you think” he whispered in her ear.  And winked at her before he leaves.

 

####

 

Seohyun can’t sleep, it was close to midnight and she is still tossing and turning on her bed.  It was totally not her to stay awake at this time so she decided to go down the kitchen to get some warm milk.

It had been a very long day. She just had her first dinner date and had her first goodnight kiss (her parents don’t count).  She insists on believing that it was just a friendly kiss nothing more like Kris said.

"Hyunnie! I didn't realize you were there!"

And then there is also this man.

"Kyu oppa? Why are you up so late?"

"I was with Jessica. Just talking"

"Ah i see."

"Nice pajamas."

“Huh?” she replied confusedly until she notices her clothes.

"Why are you still awake?"

"Can't sleep" She alternately looks down at her pajamas and glancing at him in the corner of her eye.

"Is everything okay?"

"Huh? Why?" she looked at him, and he looked back.

"Nothing it’s just that you look bothered?"

"No! it’s nothing!”

“Oh okay, I’m sorry if I’m making you uncomfortable”

"No, it's alright."

Silence.

“Oppa, a kiss on the cheek means nothing, right?" she asked Kyuhyun suddenly that he almost choke on the water that he is drinking.

“Well its common for friends to… to kiss like that”

“Thought so”

“Why did you ask?”

“Nothing”

“Okay”

Moving in quickly, placing a kiss to his cheek. “Thanks oppa and goodnight” she said turning away and walk towards her room

“Goodnight Hyunnie” he said smiling as he touched the place where she kissed her.

 

 

 

####

 

No chanyeol and Victoria as I said before they are just there to help the 6 main characters.

So many things happen in this chapter so I’ll start with

SeoKris and YoonKris both their scenes were short and connected.  Our Casanova just kissed two of our girls in one night.  Kyu and Luhan better man up.

KyuSica and SeoKyu totally different feel, one is more on friendship the other one is friendship with a hint of romantic feel.  Hint on KyuSica convo about KrisSica.

LuYoon and LuSica  both scenes are connected as well, yoona and Jessica are comfortable around luhan, they are probably closest to him.

Comments and subscribers are welcome and greatly appreciated.