Match or Mismatch

Love Haven (hiatus)

first of all I want to apologize last time, I accidentally post an incomplete chapter.  This is the complete chapter 14: match or mismatch. So I hope you read it again and enjoy

 

####

 

Things got quiet in the room, but the head of love haven didn't mind at all. She couldn't help but find it funny how she felt so much like a mother watching her children go on their dates and a little teenage girl with the fluttering in her chest and the butterflies in her stomach all at the same time.

Of all the pairs she could have imagined being randomly paired up, she could have never guessed that they will end up back to zero as non of the previous pairs got paired again.

 

####

 

Silence. Such an awkward thing for a Casanova but a pleasant thing for a prim and proper girl. They are now sitting opposite each other quietly eating their dinner. No one dares to start  a conversation.

Kris keeps on tapping the table creating a rhythm that would help him gather his thoughts. All around him, people were silent well except for the pair on his left side who were casually talking to each other. Being a man of his charisma and confidence, he just couldn't let this chance slip.

"Hyunnie" he began with confidence but the moment they made eye contact, he can't help but smile back when she smiled and acknowledge him. Seohyun was always the rational person, she is not blunt like Jessica and not as shy as Yoona.  Now all he needed was to start a topic.

"Yes?"

"You look beautiful tonight, well all of you ladies look really beautiful"

Her face went bright red at his compliment but she manage to hide it.

"Thanks, you look good as well, I mean all you guys look really good" 

"Hm you know, i'm not really a womanizer like what others think" he explained as he took a glance at Jessica who was busy talking to Kyuhyun.

"Well, I don't really..."

"I know but if you can just try to get to know me"

"You know what, you're right. I apologize. Let's start again, shall we?" 

After setting aside her not so good impression of him, things just got better between them.  Talking about their favorite books, music, movies and basically anything they can talk about.  During the entire duration of their dinner both of them realizes that they have a lot in common.

"Well Mr. Kris Wu" she began. "I think i really owe you an apology,  I've misjudged you a little."

"Ha! a little?"

"Well, for the record i still think your arrogant" 

"Why? Because i'm confident with my appearance?, tsk tsk tsk" he said clicking his tongue "You are still quiet judgmental Ms. Seo"

"I'm most certainly am not!" she replied irritably, her nose slightly flaring

"I'm just joking Hyun"

"It's not funny"

"You look cute when you're irritated"

"I'm beginning to dislike you, Mr Wu!"

"I think you're beginning to like me" he replied wittly.

 

####

 

Chanyeol's gaze would fall onto the silent girl infront of him. He was always the life of the party, he can always make the people around him comfortable but Yoona is not just anyone he had met before.

Yoona on the other hand, who look fully preoccupied with the food in front of her is actually aware that someone is staring at her.  But being the passive person she is, she can easily ignore it and pretend she doesn't know.

"So you like parties and dinners like this?" he finally started just to clear the awkward atmosphere.

"I like food in general" 

"Oh well, I was wondering what is your favorite food?"

"I eat anything except chicken legs"

"Wait" He said while she just look at him confusedly as he stood up and tried to wipe the sauce stain on her lips but Yoona immediately push his hand away shocking him in the process but he quickly recovered and explain his sudden action "You have sauce on your lips"

"I'm sorry" she said as she wipe , somehow felt guilty for pushing his hand away.

"It's okay Noona, it's your personal space"

"I'm sorry, i'm just not use to this"

"It's really okay Noona and i understand and besides  I like you." 

"Wait, what?" 

"I like you noona, i like Hyun noona too, but i'm a little afraid to Sica noona and well the new noona seems nice too"

"Oh i see" she let out a sigh of relief

"How about you noona do you like me?"

"I..."  how is she supposed to answer that when this is just their first time they actually talk to each other.

"Silly me, you don't have to answer that..." 

"No, it's... okay, I like you too, you are nice and accommodating and i think we can get along well"

"Really?, don't worry noona i will make sure that you will not feel uncomfortable with me"

"Thanks" she smile, her genuine smile

"You should smile more noona, you look 10 times more pretty when you smile" he complimented her while she immediately turn red from embarrassment.

"And I thought you will never make me uncomfortable again?"

"That would be that last time, but noona you should also be comfortable with me, since we are friends now"

Both laughed at the awkward but genuine conversation they have.  Although there are still a moment of silence in between, Chanyeol still manage to get her to talk and get to know her  little more.  He always believe that people have a weird tendency to smile when they make new friends and he wants to believe that it's also the case for her.

 

####

 

"Hey Sica you look beautiful tonight?" Kyuhyun practice that opening line in his head the moment he knew that the pick the same color but his voice seems to be stuck in his throat.

"You know for someone who doesn't go out of your room, your taste in suit is quite nice"

"Thanks, my sister bought me this"

"Ah I see, I think this is the first time I've seen you without your glasses."

"I don't wear it all the time, do i look weird without them?"

"No, I mean you look fine both ways"

"Yo... your dress looks good on you"

"You know oppa you should learn how to properly compliment a girl"

"I did compliment you"

"You complimented my dress" she pretended to be upset.

Recalling his previous comment he can't help but feel a little bit stupid for what he had said. "Sorry what I meant is that you look beautiful in your dress" he tried to redeem himself but only to see Jessica trying to suppress her laugh. "What?" He ask confused.

"Nothing, don't be nervous, I'm just joking I knew what you meant before"

"But seriously you look beautiful tonight" he said sincerely

"Thank you"   

After awkwardly complimenting each other, both of them settle on their seats as they start to eat their dinner.

"The food taste good"

"Yeah, Mr. Zhang is truly an exceptional chef, the food are all top notch." 

Kyuhyun watched in fascination as Jessica picked up her fork and knife cutting her food into bite sizes.  Eating elegantly and wiping gracefully every once in a while.

"Yah Kyu oppa are you finish eating?"

He rested his back against his chair and showed her his dessert. "Hmm, not yet"

"I see, hmm oppa can we talk while eating?"

"What's there to talk about?"

"Whatever's been happening around"

"Like what?"

"You and Seo?"

"We're in good terms i guess"

"But you like her"

"I like all you guys"

"Come on oppa you know what i mean"

"Well what is not to like about her, how about you and Kris"

"If it's not obvious enough we are clearly on each other's throat, luhan is much better"

"Luhan? i think he likes Yoona"

"He likes everyone"

"How about Chanyeol and the new girl?"

"They are okay better than Kris"

The two of them soon were lost in their conversation, Sica stuffing herself with food while listening and sometimes arguing with Kyuhyun as he did most of the talking. Both of them didn't realize it, but they are now comfortable around each other.

 

####

 

Luhan have always prided himself as a chameleon, he can easily adopt to any type of person.  From the demanding and bipolar Jessica to a timid and secretive Yoona.  So he was sort of confident that they will get along just fine.

Song Qian was just eating quietly in front of him, she was fully occupied with the her food that it somehow reminded him of Yoona.

"You know it's rude to stare at someone you just met" Victoria said in her monotonous voice which made it creepier than normal.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude" he made a mental note not to stare at her again "By the way i'm Xi Luhan" he said reaching his hand for a hand shake.

"Victoria" she replied lightly shaking his hand.

Silence again.  Only the sound of their spoon and fork or to an extent the voice of the other pairs around them.  It was one of those few moments when Xi Luhan can't come up with something to talk about.  Even talking about the weather or the food seemed to be ridiculous at this moment.  And it doesn't help that he can feel that he is about to sneeze.

ACHOO!!!

"Bless you"

"Sorry"

She didn't even bother to look at him as she just continue eating and once again silence reign over them.  After what seems like hours fro Luhan, both of them finish eating.  He was about to stand up when she finally look at him in the eye.

"Can you help me?" she ask finally breaking the deafening silence between them.

"Ah o... okay" he stuttered shock by her sudden favor

"Your Chinese?"

"Yes" 

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a writer"

"Are you married?"

"No" he answered unsure of what is she trying to get into.

"Will you marry me?" she ask for the last time

"WHAT!" he shouted in shock as the other pairs look at him, he immediately bow his head for disturbing them and finally look at the girl in front of him. "Ms. Song i can't just marry you" he started by Victoria was quick to interrupt him.

"Mr. Xi, i ask you to help me and you agree, this is what i'm asking you for help" she replied in a business like manner.

"I can't help you with that matter..."

"You don't like me?"

"No, that's not what i meant, besides we just met, we don't know each other"

"I see, so you can't help me"

"It's not..."

"I get it, i understand"

"Ms. Song"

"Mr. Xi it's okay, i ask, you decline, end of the story"

"Do you take everything lightly?"

"Mr. Xi i'm the one who got rejected but why are you more affected?"

"I'm sorry, I just don't understand"

"It's okay you don't have too" she replied with finality.

 

 

####

 

New pairings for this dinner date, what do you think? perfect pair? Random pair? Weird pair?

lets start with seokris, kris finally got the chance to be with his first choice.  It was awkward at first since seohyun is really uncomfortable with his Casanova perception but  kris manage to convince her to give him a second chance.

Chanyoon the happy virus and the wall flower.  If you notice the progression of this pair is faster than the yoonkris/luyoon, I mean chanyeol manage to tell her that he likes her, remember Yoona was always rejected before.

Kyusica, it's quiet obvious that they don't see each other as "the guy/girl" for them but their conversation is gold, hints about some blooming pairings are everywhere.

lutoria this is a very random pair I don't even know why they were paired up.  Vic is probably the most mysterious character here, she's like a combination of the three girls.  Luhan had the hardest time among the other guys.

Comments and subscribers are greatly appreciated

shameless ad. I'm writing a one shot/drabble collection KISSology, is it better to stick with one Yoona ship or do a different Yoona ship every one shot?