A Little Over The Edge

There's a Light That Never Goes Out

 

 


Disclaimer:  Henry is in my room now because he is mine. So are the rest of Suju. Yeah, and I'm a liar too.


 

 

 

Kyuhyun woke with a start.

He felt like someone screamed in his ears and it took all of his composure to not scream back to the voice. Oddly enough, when he opened his eyes after much difficulty (he hasn't had any decent sleep in days) he was greeted by the still sleeping figures of his hyungs. Everyone and everything was so still that anyone could’ve painted them. They were there, cramped and scattered in little spaces in the anteroom, their position no doubt uncomfortable. Kyuhyun could only shake his head, When will this end?

He looked around his surroundings to see what woke him up and the only thing remotely close was Donghwa's blinking phone. Kyuhyun sighed. He knew he wouldn't be able to return to sleep again after this.

Deciding to get away from the cramped room, he went to Donghae's to get a more decent resting place. Fishy doesn’t really mind if someone shares a bed with him, especially if it were Kibum, Ryeowook and him.  Yes, Donghae is magnae-biased.

Eunhyuk is out-of-question of course. He’s the self-proclaim bestfriend. Hyukkie could wear his most used socks, not bathe for weeks and could still sleep in Hae’s bed. Donghae is too much of a sweetheart for his own good.

That was why it never occurred to the evil magnae that Donghae was in a cusp of something unscrupulous. He was hurting for the longest time and then he was fine. So naturally Kyu thought that the worst days were over. The day they decided to make a small party for him, the same day Fishy took the pills, was a recurring nightmare for Kyu. The worst days had just began.

He never told anyone but he constantly dream of that fateful day. In his dream, Eunhyuk did not come on time and it was too late to save Hae. The dream would stop at Donghae’s lifeless eyes, the stares of which were haunting. Like he could see through soul and flesh. The absence of life in his eyes imprints a scream that was too quiet for anyone to hear yet too loud to defy.

Kyu would often wake up to that scream, only to realize, some minutes later that the scream was his own.

--

 

The room was half empty when he entered. At least, only half of the people he expected to be there was in.

Ryeowook was still sleeping in the sette. A small, albeit obvious, frown on his face is visible despite the semi-darkness, his blanket was thrown aside and his little pillow was already on the floor. Kyuhyun wasn’t the only one being plagued by nightmares.

Then an unmistakable pang of panic throbbed in Kyu’s chest. Where’s Hae hyung?

He immediately ran outside the room, passing the anteroom (ignoring purposely the hurtful grunt of a hyung he stepped into) down the white bland walls of the corridor. There wasn’t any sign of his hyung and the halls couldn’t be emptier judging by the resonating echoes of each of his steps.

--

 

The fountain was the only near-pleasant place in the hospital.

So when he saw a still figure beside the fountain, he immediate breathe out a sigh of relief. Donghae’s still here. He is safe.

Kyuhyun decided to let Donghae be. He knew that his hyung was going through a lot of things and the only thing that Kyuhyun could give is the much-deserved solitary time.

He stayed where he was, a good distance from Donghae but still near enough that he could see the overlapping facial expressions of his Hyung. Whatever Hae was thinking, he was thinking too hard, he was like a chibi character that came to life. A number of times he actually made some hand gestures as if he was really talking to another person, or perhaps he was reliving some distant memory. It was fascinating to watch.

Kyu wondered what Donghae was thinking. His appa? The group? What exactly is going on a dying man's mind. 

Then Donghae's expressions changed.

His hands immediately flew to his chest as if he wanted to tear it apart. He stumbled, his arms thrashed around and his head went too far back in an attempt to drew some air. He was like drowning in the depths of the sea.

“Hyung! Hyung!” Kyuhyun screamed, “Help us! Anyone, help us!” He ran as fast as his lanky body could allow him. Donghae was on the ground now and it was glaringly obvious that he was in so much pain. Kyuhyun turned Hae over, and his eyes, those eyes, (Kyu shuddered at the mere thought) were fluttering violently as if Donghae has lost control of his body. He was still shaking violently and still making valiant efforts to breathe. Kyuhyun was screaming now like his vocal cords were expendible, hoping anyone would be awoken by the noise.  It didn’t take very long before Hae’s body went limp.   

Kyuhyun's nightmare has come to life.

 

 

 

--

I’m not yet dead! *gets bricked* I’m so sorry for not updating this long. Things went sort of out-of-control on my end that’s why I sort of fell from the face of the earth.

I know that this is very short but rest assured that the next update won’t take too long. I’m so sorry again. 

PS. Thank you so much for allriseSunrise, lahdeedah000 and Supercolor for putting those numbers beside the little arrow.

P.P.S Please share your thoughts? :D