Chapter 9: Game is on!

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

Kim was surprise seeing Gerald and His friends in the opposite side of the net. Feeling awkward and funny, she shyly raises her hand into a wave and mouthing hello to them. Rayver and Fred together, “Hello!” … then Kim and her team walk closer to the net and so as Gerald’s team to shake hands.

 

Gerald and Kim were both standing in their further left, she didn’t wait for Him to come over, and she took the extra steps to meet his hands.

 

Hi Ge, nice to see you. As she extend her hand to him.

 

Nice to see you too, Good luck!

 

Yeah, you too, have a good game.

 

Kay, I will for sure. As Gerald turn around and go back to his spot, in position, drop his Oakley sunglass to cover his eyes from the sun and give her a big grinning smile.

Troy standing confused doesn’t have a clue what is going on.

 

Okay,….. guys? Somebody? Is anyone of you wanted to explain what just happened? Did I miss something or is it all three of you knows Miss Drop Dead Gorgeous?

 

Rayver and Fred together…..shout-up Troy! Focus on the game.

 

Okay okay but you guys have some explaining to do after this.

 

Kay whatever, you are the one who put us up into this so you better do good or we all going to eat dust, As Fred seriously giving him warning.

 

Yeah, and for a start, your Miss Drop Dead Gorgeous knows how to kick butts so get ready before you embarrass yourself, Rayver added.

 

While Gerald on set waiting as Kim position to give the first serve.

 

First Topspin serve stop by Fred, took by Gerald, set it up for Rayver coming from behind to do the spike.

 

Far from their expectation, Kim was so quick to take position at the front of the net to block one strong spike.

 

Spectators uploaded and guys were so mesmerized and astonish with such ability a woman has.

 

Game is head on, the shore is pack with spectators. Kim make more admirers as she continue to roll, jump, swim on the sands. She is more agile compared to some of the men and she becomes one of the players to bit.

 

First set was in favor of Kim’s team, won by 2 points, second set was won by Gerald’s team and now both Team are having a 15 minutes break before they face again.

 

As soon the instructions and the rules were given to both Teams, they all disburse. Kim grab her stuff, put her track pants on and is about to leave when someone grab her arm.

 

Wait! As Troy stop her. I just want to congratulate you, it was a good game.

 

Thank you. Kim reply. Same to you, good luck na lang.

 

I’m Troy De Guzman, as he extends his hand welcoming a hand shake.

 

Nice meeting you Troy, shake his hands and was about to leave again when Troy stop her again.

 

Your name, you forgot to give me your name.

 

Oh,…. Then Kim stop and look at him in the eyes (surprise that he doesn’t know her, considering that he is Gerald’s friend, but then she just shake her thoughts off) ..yeah, forgot…. Sue….my name is Sue……Sue Yap. Then she took off.

 

Went straight to her cottage which is not too far from there, she rub her red sore arms with alcohol and soak her aching body into Epson salt in the tub. Set her alarm to 5 minutes, she manage to relax while listening to Enya’s music “Only Time” from her iPod, closing her eyes.

 

Pare, saan ka galling? Bakit bigla ka nawala? We thought you are right behind us. Rayver asked Troy.

 

Wala, just went to congratulate Sue.

 

Who is Sue? Fred ask

 

Sue.. Miss Drop Dead Gorgeous!

 

Rayver and Fred was confused…Hah?

 

While Gerald doesn’t want to join the conversation of his 3 friends, he tries to be busy with his sore sunburn.

 

Oh, that reminds me, kayong 3 may dapat pa kayong ipaliwanag sa akin about Sue. Is there anything nga dapat ko malaman? Is she EX of any of you?

 

Both Rayver and Fred: NO!

 

Wow…bro easy…easy lang…( confused) now lalo akong na confused, grabe kayong 2 kung maka react. I think you guys need to fill me in bago pa ako lalong ma confused.

 

Rayver and Fred was looking at Gerald, giving him a questioning look. Gerald just shrugs his shoulders.

 

Okay, fine. Sue is Tita Vangie’s goddaughter. Rayver explain.

 

So? As Troy bluntly ask.

 

So, kinakapatid ni Ge si Sue. Sagot ni Rayver sa kanya.

 

So? …. As Troy ask again. This time with hand gesture.

 

SO, SHE”S OFF LIMIT! As Gerald blurt out.

 

Kaya ikaw Troy, huwag mo paandarin ang kamaniakan mo kay Sue kung hindi tatamaan ka. As Fred explain further.

 

Grabe naman kayo, humahanga lang naman, and beside I know her type. She’s one of a kind hindi lang pang good time, Girlfriend ..girlfriend material mga bro. The type of woman na gusto mo pakilala sa family mo para pakaslan. With big smile on his face.

 

Then Fred gives him a whack on the head, sabi na nga off limit eh.

 

Okay fine. But friends na kami kaya I let the natures takes its course, malay mo baka siya ang ma inlove sa akin.

 

Gerald shackle, sabay tapon ng towel sa face ni Troy, hoy sige mangarap ka ulit ng gising! Then all 4 guys laugh their way out from their unit, going back to the game.

 

Kim is back all ready, radiant and fresh looking.

 

People start walking towards the volleyball game area again, as the sun is on its highest pick, you can see the glaring heat meeting the white powdery sand of Boracay. Spectators are so into the game; some come to watch Kim and obviously ladies flocking everywhere trying to get noticed by the hunk millionaire Gerald Anderson, the only heir of Anderson International. Gerald enjoy the attention while Kim just hide her smile watching him flirt with them, shaking her head, talking to herself… Gerald Anderson, you never change……..and scream! ALL SET! SERVE! And release one strong jump serve.

 

With the best of 5, Kim team won. Both Teams are good, but someone has to win, with sour gripping, Gerald’s called it luck for the other team.

 

Congratulations guys, good game, good game, looking forward to play with you guys again. Jeremy said as he shakes Fred’s hand. Kim give them a hug, Troy, Rayver and Fred, thank you guys, I had so much fun. Maybe next time we can be a team.

 

Aasahan ko yan Sue. Troy said.

 

Oo naman Troy, just let me know kung mag register ulit kayo, wala naman ako talagang Team, but I normally register standby sa whoever na kulang at gusto ako isali.

 

Gerald is walking towards her, so she slides a little to get the full view of his face. Hi Ge, Then she gives Him a hug, as she greets Him.

 

Gerald responded to the hug, He hugs her tight and whisper to her ears…nice to see you after two years. I almost did not recognize you, good disguise, or is it sa sobrang tagal na hindi kita nakita hindi na kita nakilala.

 

Sobra ka naman. How are Tita and Tito?

 

They’re both good. Why haven’t seen them for two years too? Pati sila ba tinatagoan mo?

 

Haha funny, I’ve seen them last 6 months ago, when they went to Germany that was the last time I saw both of them. But me and Tita we talk, I do call her once in a while.

 

Oh yeah that reminds me, I’m calling mom later, you want me to tell them you are here?

 

No, don’t do that. I call them myself Okay guys see you around, I need to keep going. Then she give Ge one last hug…… really nice to see you Ge, take care…. You too, take care I’ll be around until Friday, so 5 more days for me to hang around. Then Gerald give her a smack on her right cheek.

 

Okay, might bump into you again then. Troy nice meeting you, then give them a hug. Rayver and Fred come to give her a group hugs… Kimmy you owe us a drink …as they whisper on her ear…Ha ha ha..okay, promise pag balik sa Manila.

 

Bye everyone, see you around, as she walk away waving them bye.