Chapter 15: Life Goes On

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

It’s the Big Day!

 

Luxurious cars line-up outside Anderson’s mansion, people look expensively dazzling. Media’s everywhere and foods that surely cost more than some people’s houses.

 

Standing from her bedroom window, dress in Champaign colored gown, skillfully made using French Chantilly lace combined with English Cluny lace as material. The lace applique for the bodice and skirt are hand-made.  The lace design was hand-engineered (appliquéd). Individual flowers have been hand-cut from lace and hand-engineered onto Champaign silk tulle to create a unique and organic design, which incorporates the rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock. Hand-cut English lace and French Chantilly lace has been used throughout the bodice and skirt, and has been used for the underskirt trim. The dress is made with Champaign satin gazar. The skirt echoes an opening flower, with Champaign satin gazar arches and pleats. The Champaign satin bodice, which is narrowed at the waist and padded at the hips, draws on the Victorian tradition of corsetry. The back is finished with 58 gazar and organza covered buttons fastened by Rouleau loops. The underskirt is made of silk tulle trimmed with Cluny lace.

 

As the night starts, Vangie went to get her.” You look fabulous dear. Your mother must have been so proud of you. You turn into one great woman, beauty inside out. A woman every mother wants for their son.” With teary eyes, Vangie hug and give her a kiss. Put her arm around hers. “Let’s go swift gentlemen’s off their feet.”

 

Few steps before they reach the door, it opens. Gerald got his mouth open and if he won’t close it anytime soon, drool surely will come out.

 

Gorgeous! With sweet smile, Vangie let go of her hands and move to the side to give space.

 

You are so beautiful Kimmy! Gerald manages to come out with a short sentence. Taken out the small box from his pocket, he kneels in front of her.

 

I believe this only belongs to you! After kissing her hand, he junk and bring the ring close to his mouth and blow it to bring luck.

 

The engagement ring belongs to his mother that he inherited for his future wife. A family heirloom that makes Kim’s heart jump, in tears, she hesitantly extended her left ring finger to him. An oval shape blue sapphire sitting in a platinum surround with 18 diamond cluster. With her hand shaking, she pulls it back worried and said “I might not be good in taken care of it.” Looking at Gerald and then to Vangie.

 

“Honey, it’s only perfect for you, no one else.” Vangie said in almost a whisper while drenched with tears. 

 

“Kim, I am only putting this into your finger, no one else, please don’t make me beg” Gerald sounded in cracking voice. Composing herself, she stud up straight expanding her shoulder and look up with confidence, hook her arms into Gerald’s while Mommy Vangie walks right behind them towards the crowd.

 

People applauded as Randy announces the upcoming union of two. Not going into details, he broke the news to everyone. The guest is on awe how elegant Kim is for the night, women are jealous with her engagement ring while men are not so happy with Gerald so lucky in all aspect of his life.

 

Engagement fever went fast as Kim and Gerald back to their school duties. Kim being back to finish her one more year in Business Administration, while Gerald is taking his business master in Harvard University. Hundred miles apart, they develop a strong friendship. Kim keeps her promise to be available 24/7 for Him and Gerald never failed to check on her regularly. Open feelings to each other, love is one subject they never discuss, unspoken agreement was understood between them not to cross each other personal business and never to give unsolicited advices.

 

Year went fly, they both summoned for their wedding preparation for it is coming soon. Very cooperative couple, problem is never a word for the situation. In no time, Kim got her degree with Summa Laude, Latin words written below her name, attached to her plaque. A proud fiancé and parent’s in-law to be marching with her to be seated in an open quadrangle of London School of Economics, stand out among the crowd of well-known business leaders of the world. Delivering her inspirational speech to her fellow graduates, Kim stands tall, proud and emotional dedicating her success to her late parents.

 

“Today will mark a new era, a new chapter of our lives, places to conquer, people to meet and challenges to win! My dear friends …….. LIFE GOES ON! ……life goes on ….. life goes on………. Her voice faded as she broke to tears.