Chapter 14: Back to Reality

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

With heavy heart, Kim start packing her clothes for 3 days 2 nights escapade. Tossing and turning all night, she got time to re-think and rationalized things over. “Hay naku Kimberly that is what happened when you let superficial things got into you. You lose your sensible thinking. “

 

She fall asleep convinced that she figure out things and decided to be stronger and wiser this time.

 

Knocking on Gerald’s bedroom, “so how do we do this?”

 

Pasok! Gerald grabs her arm.

 

You look like crap! Hindi ka naka tulog ano? She asked while looking at his darkness shaded eyes and swollen eye bags.

 

Gerald just shakes his head. “ Ewan ko ba, somehow I know this is crazy but guilt is hitting me na when she ask hindi ako maka hindi”

 

So, what’s the plan? Ignoring his confession.

 

Gerald starts telling her his plan. “Anything goes for me, basta just make sure that you keep me away from her sight. The last thing I want is the drama in public.”

 

Gerald just nods and put his right hand up. Indicating his thankful and he promised none of those will happen. Then he gives her a tight hug.

 

Kay, let’s go! You tell your parents the best lie you can produce so they’ll let us travel weeks before our engagement. While patting his back and push him out of his door. Because in this drama, I agree to be the best sidekick but deceiving words is not in my job description.

 

Thank you for making me guiltier.

 

You’re welcome! …… and you should! It is called premeditated crime.

 

Gerald passes the premeditated crime with flying colors. Two days after, they got drop off at the airport to catch the plane going to Palawan. Amanda was ahead of them 1 day.

Arriving at Palawan, Gerald make sure Kim got to her hotel safely then leave to meet Amanda to the adjacent resort.

 

To his dismay, He wanted to leave as soon as He got there. Amanda is all over the place, got herself drown in alcohol; Gerald can hardly talk to her sensibly.

 

His union with Amanda is not what He pictured. The woman is a basket case. He is looking to a stranger. Drinking and smoking mixing with in-appropriate behavior. He knows that she loves to party but he never seen her this wild before. With anger, he wanted to leave but he feels sorry for her plus guilt plays good with him these days.

 

A big luau is happening in the beach combining all adjacent resort. Across the big fire, a silhouette of familiar face catches Kim’s eye. She turn back and walk away to avoid any encounter with old acquaintances. “World become smaller and polluted! More reason for me to go greener and hide! ..hay pag oras mo talaga oras mo! “

 

Oras mo for what? A panting voice from behind catching up on her.

 

Surprise, Kim looks back. Hey Mr. Enchong Dee! What are you doing here? Nice to see you! Then give him a hug.

 

I should ask you same question. By yourself or may kasama ka?

 

“Naaaahh flying solo as always”, Followed by a sweet smile.

 

They spend the rest of the night in a cozy bar talking and catching up, sharing wave’s experiences and crazy ideas. While Gerald is pissed, hauling intoxicated Amanda back to their room.

 

Out for early morning run on the beach, Gerald interrupted by a familiar giggle, a sweet infectious laugh coming from somewhere going his way. His heart skipped seeing the two jolly figures approaching his direction.

 

Hey! If it is not my good friend Gerald Anderson! Nice to see you up and running bro!

 

Good morning to you too. What’s with the remark?

 

Oh sorry! I don’t mean to sounds sarcastic but after seeing you and Amanda having so much fun at the luau last night, I am actually surprise to see you up and running this early.

 

I know what you mean, she is crazy.

 

Wild is more likely….sorry bro I don’t mean the bad way. With worries written all over his face.

 

Chill bro! Totally agree. Both Enchong and Kim was surprise from the last word Gerald has uttered that brought Kim to look up from her pretending fixing of her parasailing gear.

 

Hi Kim! What are you guys up to?

 

Hi Ge. Oh Enchong ask me to go parasailing with Him, first time but willing and excited to try and also hoping and praying not to die.

 

Ito talaga si Kim, stop pulling my leg, for all I know nothing ito compared sa skydiving, zip lining and bungee jumping na nagawa mo na. Hearing this, Gerald’s eyes go twist in surprise how nothing he knows about Kim.

 

Ikaw talaga! Thank you for boosting my confidence. Hitting Enchong arms playfully, Gerald’s body flame up with jealousy.

 

Enchong catches her strikes and secure her arms with his. Bro, we got to go before this woman totally beat me up. Sobrang hyper nito parang naka red bull.

 

Sira! Then give him a whack! Okay Ge, got to go. Take it easy!

 

All night, Gerald can’t ignore the feeling of wonder. Wanting to go look for Kim and keep her away from Enchong. Seeing Amanda wasted again half sleeping in the couch soaking from her poke, he felt so disgusted and shame thinking what the heck he is doing with this woman. He went closer to her noticing a fresh tattoo just above her left s, “my only love Michael” he broke a loud boasting laugh that echoed the entire room. You are stupid Gerald Anderson! Feeling sorry for this woman while she soaks in her wounded heart cause by other guy!

 

Free at last! Is what he wanted to scream after the confirmation of a free conscience! Rushing down the hallway, he pressed all the numbers in the elevator grinning ear to ear until he heard a polite sound of attention call behind him.

 

Sorry, just in a hurry.

 

What you are doing won’t help sending us down any faster. Old couple wakens his panicky mood.

 

Checking every joint open, he can’t find Kim nor Enchong, feeling defeated he found himself walking on the shore listening to the calming sounds of waves. Keeping himself busy counting the flickering lights far in the middle of the ocean, suddenly hits his eardrums the alluring sounds of familiar laughter. Looking up, few meters from where he stands, a flickering lite of candles in circling a round table occupied by two. Walking closer unnoticed, he decided to clear his throat.

 

Oh Ge! Nice to see you again! Have your dinner yet? Kim politely asks.

 

Shock and mesmerized with her simple and classy beauty send by the illuminating lite from the white sand below her.  He wishes it is him setting across her, grinding his teeth to control his ranging emotion.

 

Bro, wish we have extra chair to invite you to join us.

 

Understanding the message, he retrieves and plays cool. No no no..I don’t want to interrupt.  Nag lalakad lang sorting things out sa mga bagay bagay.

 

Oh okay, basta huwag masyadong analyze ang situation at baka ma buang ka. Enchong jokingly said.

 

Kim felt his frustration and quietly look down feeling guilty that she end up enjoying Enchong company while He suffer with Amanda’s situation, believing herself to be blame.

 

Excited to be home, Gerald show up in the airport 4 hours before his flight, without Amanda! Rushing steps send him to look up from the sports magazine he is reading. Sorry, excuse me, passing through. Sorry! Hold Up please, one more passenger coming! A giggle in between, he found Enchong pulling the giggling Kim behind him. As the rest of the passenger and the attendant laughing from the sight of two happy couple, He turns red as his blood boil.

 

Before she finally goes into the tube, she turns and hugs Enchong. Thank you so much for everything! I owe you big time, you are my savior!

 

Anytime Princess! Pleasure is mine. Enchong declare his happiness.