Chapter 4: Moment like this….

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

 

 

Following morning on the breakfast table, everyone is present. Mommy Vangie noticed Kimmy’s busted lips. Kim, iha what happened to your lips? Then she also noticed her bruises on both arms. And you have bruises too? Kimmy what happened? How did you have those bruises? Hesitant to lie, she got no choice but to spare them from the truth. Tita it’s from yesterday’s event, the games got rough. And your lips? As Vangie continue to inquire. Oh I accidentally bit my lips. My goodness iha, you must have beaten your lips so hard to be busted and swollen like that. That’s the only time Gerald got a good look at Kimmy’s lips. Last night was rather dark that He didn’t noticed Kimmy’s lips at all. Now he felt so bad that he can’t look at Kimmy straight in the eye. The guilt he feels is so strong that he can hardly swallow his breakfast.

 

Anyway, Kids 3 more weeks and summer is over. I was thinking that maybe we can spend few days together at our summer house in Batangas. Gerald? Mom, I have nothing on schedule actually so I don’t think that’s a problem. How about you Kim? Mommy Vangie asked. Tita, I’m sorry, actually I already have some plans. I promise the children at the Orphanage that I’ll bring them to Ocean Park before I go back to London then I also promise Maja, Mel, Empress and my other girlfriends a week holiday in Bohol. When Gerald heard all of her plans, somehow he felt so disappointed, he doesn’t understand why but he feels that Kim is trying to avoid him.

 

Kim, just for 1 night maybe you can spare a night with us away from city life. Randy Anderson asked, this time Kim can’t find a good excuse anymore, somehow she can’t refuse Randy. After her father’s death, Randy is always there for her, trying too hard to fulfill all the job a father will do for a daughter. Okay Tito, I’ll come for 1 night, but…is that okay if I drive down a little later than you? I just need to do some errands. That’s okay Iha, Randy answer. Maybe Gerald can drive down with you, I don’t want you drive by yourself. Gerald was surprise, hearing his father’s suggestion. Kim got caught by surprise that she couldn’t oppose to Randy’s suggestion. Gerald, is that okay? Hah?..Looking at Kim and waiting for reaction, He hesitantly answers…that’s fine with me. If Kim needs company, I don’t mind at all.

Kim just gives him a shoulder gesture. Okay them it’s all settled. 2 days from now me and your mom will drive down, and then you two can follow the next day.

 

It’s been Anderson’s tradition that every time they spend family time away from home, they don’t bring any one but only them, no friends, help or any invited or uninvited guest with them. With this get-away, Gerald is hoping for a quality time with Kim. He starts to plan how to spend a 2 hours driving experience with Kim alone.

 

Days before their trip to Batangas, Kim is always busy, she is spending her time at the Orphanage, start at 9 am and go home around 8 or 9 at night, just a right time for her to go to bed and use tiredness as an excuse to go to bed early.

 

Gerald, be careful in driving, make sure you guys leave early morning so driving won`t be so stressful. Okay Dad, Gerald response.

 

The night that Gerald is waiting for, hoping that Kim will be home early to prepare for the early morning, He is wrong. Kim didn`t go home at all. Furious and restless, Gerald horridly went to see Manang Malou at the kitchen who is preparing the breakfast. Manang, hindi ba umuwi si Kim last night? Hindi, doon s’ya natulog kay Maja, bakit hindi mo ba alam? Nag paalam s’ya sa Mommy mo, hindi ba sinabi sa’yo?

Oh will what else is new? Then just turn around and went back to his room. Naku yon galit na naman , sigurado aawayin na naman si Kimmy n’yan. Mahaba haba na awayan yan papuntang Batangas. Manang commented to Mario.

 

Just in time when Gerald is about to go upstairs, front door open and Kim came in. There you go princess, good thing you decided to go home; I was really going to leave without you. Gerald nags like a pissed husband. Sorry... but it’s only 5 am, I thought you said we are leaving at 7 am. We are, but I guess not anymore, now that I have to wait for you to packed, get ready and eat, we are lucky if we can leave by 7. I am ready, my stuff is all already since yesterday, loaded at the back of your Expedition. I am all change and I already had breakfast on my way here. Gerald just gives her a killer look and left. At 6:45 am, Gerald decided to go, just pass Kimmy seating at the living room, he asked Mario to load the rest of his stuff. With attitude, he turns around and asked Kim sarcastically, oh ano sasama ka? Without saying a word, Kim just gets up and follows Gerald to the Expedition.

 

After 30 minutes of driving, Kim decided to talk to Gerald. Gerald, I am sorry, you could have drive down with your parents, puede naman ako mag bus actually. Look at Kim...Kim puede ba, just stop apologizing, you don’t even know why I am pissed. Kim didn’t say anything but just stay quite. So ano, you won’t even ask why I am pissed? Kim just looks at him...why you have to sleep over at Maja’s place? You know that we are leaving early morning, and you didn’t even tell me. I don’t think you would mind and beside I ask Tita and Tito’s permission. Realizing that she is right, Gerald can’t think of anything to justify why he is angry. A moment of silence bring Kimmy to doze off,  As Gerald  watching her head wobbling, he wants to hold it and rest it to his shoulder. He doesn’t understand all this desire, a desire to comfort her, hug her and kiss her. Busy thinking and accessing his feelings, when all of the sudden Kim on her deep sleep, turn towards him and rest her head on Gerald’s shoulder. Automatically, Gerald’s reaction is extending his right arm, grab Kimmy’s shoulder and pull it more towards him. As he is hugging her sideways, he is kissing her hair. Kim stays in that position for a good 30 minutes, that 30 minutes is like a life time for Gerald. Doesn’t understand why but all that time he feels heaven.

 

Kim wake up in that position was surprise and embarrass. Gerald I am sorry, I think I make droll on your shirt. Then she starts wiping his shirt to dry.