Chapter 1: Discovering the Secret

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

 

So, how long you have known this secret? Gerald asked, as he was approaching Kim, who at this time standing by the window looking outside. Both just came out from the Anderson’s Family Library. Two days after Kim turned 18 years old, Chiu’s Family Lawyer called a meeting to discuss the remaining last will and testament of the late Mr. William Chiu attended by Mr. and Mrs. Randolph and Evangeline Anderson, who is appointed as legal guardian of Kim. Kim and Gerald were shocked about everything they have heard but there is nothing they can do but to submit to all the condition that was lay out to them or they have to face the consequences.

Gerald, I am so sorry but I am just as shocked as you are. Like you, I don’t want everything my parents work hard for goes to nothing. For what is worth, I am willing to put my personal ambition on the side just to keep my family business intact. My father works hard to have all of these and I do believe that when He makes his decision, he knows it’s for the best.

So, you don’t care? Kim, we are not just talking about personal ambition here, we are talking about our personal happiness, our future, our life. I have a girlfriend whom I care for two years and I don’t know how to tell her that I can’t have the commitment going further because I am tied to our parent’s selfish conditions. And you think this is for the best?

I know, and again I am sorry. I have no problem with you having a girlfriend; we don’t have to change anything from what we are doing now. We don’t have to live as husband and wife after the wedding. What is in the last will and testament is that as long as we get married, all Chiu’s share remains in all Anderson’s business and Chiu’s and Anderson partnership remain as it is and this wedding is not going to happen until I reach 21.But, if we don’t honor the condition all of Chiu’s shares and partnership with your family will be pulled out and be given to charities and government. And that means we both loss everything, my family share is 75 percent in all total of your family business.

Oh so you got everything figure out in 30 minutes? Or you have everything planned in the last 3 years now, right after your father’s death?

As much as Kim wanted to break down and cry, she tries to remain calm and try to compose herself. Gerald, I understand you’re angry but there is nothing we can do. It’s either does it or we have to take the risk of losing everything.

Don’t you have a boyfriend? Gerald asked sarcastically to Kim.

No I don’t, as she hesitantly answered.

Then I suggest you better get on with it just to taste how to be happy because as I see it, we’ll be forever live in misery.

As frustrated as He is, Gerald just give Kim the angry look and walk away.

A minute after, Mr. And Mrs. Anderson came out with the lawyer, shake hands and say bye.

Kim, iha are you okay? I am so sorry for everything. I know when your mother was still alive we always talked about how we like for you and Gerald to be together someday. But, I didn’t wish to happen this way. When you and Ge growing up, you two are too close to each other that is why we always say that, but what I really wish is for both of you to fall in love with each other and not be bonded with this kind of condition.

Tita it’s not your fault, it’s nobody’s fault. Then Kim just gives Mrs. Anderson a hug and a kiss.

Night comes; Kim couldn’t sleep thinking how she is going to face everything that is happening in her life. After she lost her father, for 3 years she tries to live focusing mainly in her studies, music and arts, and volunteer works just to survive from the loneliness and heartache she’s been through. But now that she is all healed and become a strong young woman, another phase of trials awaits her.

She starts to recall what happened to her and Gerald, what gone wrong. Growing up, Gerald is her best friend, only until when her parents decided to send her to London in a boarding school for high school, and then everything changes between them.

She remembers how devastated Gerald was when she told him she will be studying in London….. Kim promised me you take care of yourself and promised me you won’t entertain any guys, you need to go home every school vacation and we have to spend our summer together. I am going back to Missouri for High School so we should have same summer off. Promised me Kim… Yes Boss! As she answer and make fun of Gerald…hindi ako maglalaho, mag aaral lang sa London. Akala mo naman kung hindi na ako babalik, and beside may phone, may MSN, may Skype, my twitter, so many means naman para mag usap tayo day and night…….As Kim reminisce, what she promised to Gerald. But…. Tragedy happened to her family that she wants to forget everything that reminds her of them and that includes forgetting the Anderson’s Family. She stayed in London boarding school and never care to go home, making herself busy travelling Europe alone, she totally forget her promised to Gerald. She makes Europe as her new home away from home. The pain was so bad that she tries to stay away from people that remind her of her parents. She was young and she has no other way of dealing her loss.

She was lying down on her bed as tears goes down her eyes…It is my fault, He tried so hard to reach out but I keep pushing him away. I am the one who broke the promised and I know I have no right to question the hatred and bitterness in his heart…I was the one who planted it there… Ge. I don’t want to promise anymore, but I’ll do my best that you won’t suffer from all of these…. As Kim talking to herself…be strong Kim, always remember... God won’t give you trials if He knows you can’t handle it. As she keeps repeating it to herself, she fall asleep eventually with heavy hearts and clouded mind but she knows that no matter what she won’t let her parents down.