Chapter 8: Freedom

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

For the last two years, Kim hasn’t been in contact with Gerald. After what happened in Batangas, she decides not to go back to Philippines for two reasons. To live separately as independent and free as she can be and to stay away from Gerald to give him the break he needed before he end his singlehood.

 

Three months before Kimmy’s 21st birthday, she decided to spend her time to Boracay, one of her favorite spot in Philippines. Even though she keeps her Tita Vangie and Tito Randy updated with what is going with her life, she doesn’t really give them the exact location of her whereabouts. They knew she is in Asia this time but Kim hasn’t told them she is in Boracay.

 

As resourceful as she is, living simple and working hard for money has never been a problem for her. One week after she landed Boracay, she already found a job. Not that she needs money to survive, but she loves to work in order to help others. She got a job as one of the Scuba Diving Instructor own by a Swiss Couple, her ability to speak Swedish make her the first choice. She works as instructor three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday and devoted her Tuesday and Thursday as volunteer in the Local Community for Women Livelihood Program, making jewelry. The LCWLP has a Kiosk in Boracay where they display all the Jewelry they made for sale.  Saturday become her time for herself where she spend playing beach volleyball as she signed in for a friendly competition. Sunday is church day and cleaning day, she is renting a cottage for herself. Not so fancy but rather very self contained.

 

It’s been a month now that Kim is living a very simple low profile life in Boracay, people has no idea who she is, they known her as Sue, the name she preferred to be called. For the last 3 weeks that she’s been working as Scuba Diving Instructor, she gains so many admirers, both Filipino and Foreigners. Her exquisite beauty is undeniable, beautiful body and the sophistication of her whole being that both men and women can’t miss to noticed. 

 

The Diving School schedule is always fulls every MWF, Tuesday and Thursday is the best time to watch beach volleyball where the shore is pack of people.

 

She enjoys her life so much in Boracay, for her this is the most fulfilling life she ever experienced. Having fun and helping others at same time. What else is life for Kim but beach, Scuba Diving…. She can spend hours and hours on the sea and under the sea, for her, this is peace.

 

This year, Gerald’s wakeboarding team decides to unwind in Boracay. They stay in the most luxurious resort Boracay can offer. Being known as Philippine most eligible bachelor, Gerald got all the attention and pampering where ever he goes. Women cling to Him like magnet and He loves all of it. 3rd day na ng group ni Ge, he is standing having coffee on the balcony of his suite when he saw his friend Troy rushing through the crowd. He is trying to call Him, yelling at him but Troy couldn’t hear him, so he decided to go down and follow him, until he caught-up with Him.

 

Troy, bro…saan ang punto mo? What’s the rush?

 

Bro, remember what I told you guys? There is this babe pare, she is one of the diving instructor in New Wave, a knocked out gorgeous pare, pamatay talaga. I need to be there early kung hindi fully booked na naman ang schedule n’ya. The line-up is long pare.

LOL pare, sira ulo ka talaga. Yon lang? akala ko kung anong emergency na. D’yan ka na nga, bahala ka sa buhay mo. …Gerald left his friend laughing.

 

Basta pare, pag nakita n’ya walang talu-talu ha? Remember I saw her first.

 

Whatever Bro, sira ulo ka pa rin. 

 

Troy tries his best to be there early, but he failed. Kimmy’s scheduled is booked since 5:00 o’clock this morning. He is talking to the secretary and find out that Kim only work MWF and that Tuesday and Thursday she is playing beach volleyball. Hindi man s’ya naka schedule until Monday following week, he is happy knowing that Tuesday is another wonderful day. He went straight sa coordinator ng Volleyball game, and register his team for Saturday’s game. He registered his team as “D’Wricker” Rayver, Fred, Gerald and Himself as team member, without asking his friends, going to their hotel, nakita n’ya ang grupo n’ya having breakfast. Everyone was looking at him waiting for the news. Since na kwento na ni Gerald sa kanila kung saan s’ya galling at hibang s’ya sa isang girl na hindi n’ya kilala.

 

So Troy, bro what’s up?

 

Malas pare, fully booked ulit, but I got myself scheduled next week Monday.

 

Everyone busted laughing while giving him a pat at the back. Don’t worry bro, keep trying

 

Yeah yeah yeah, sige pagtawanan n’yo ako…..then he start grabbing food and eat…by the bro, I found out that she plays beach volleyball every Saturday, so I registered us.

 

Everyone….you did what?

 

I registered us…while chewing his food… we are now “D’Wricker” Team.

 

Fred poke him on the shoulder, you loser since when you know volleyball?

 

I don’t but you guys are…and you guys are good at it. Hahaha

 

Gerald get up and move behind Rayver and Fred and rest his arms on their shoulder, bro pag bigyan na natin si Troy, mukhang patay na patay na doon sa girl na hindi n’ya kilala. Hahahaha

 

Yeah Yeah Yeah, sige tawa lang basta paalala lang…pag nakita n’yo walang talu-talu basta I saw her first.

 

Everyone get-up and walk away laughing, having fun with Troy, thinking that their friend is so weird and funny.

 

Tuesday morning come, Troy get ready so excited and wake up everyone. Gerald having a hang-over from last night party at the beach doesn’t appreciate Him yelling at them trying to wake them up.

 

Troy, better be good pare kung hindi patay ka talaga,

 

8:00 o’clock the group having breakfast already, while Gerald is hardly awake, salubong ang eyebrows having black coffee with no sugar. They made it to the beach volleyball location by 10:00, am, in 30 minutes the competition is going to start. Dahil sa sobrang antok, Rayver, Fred and Gerald decided to just lounge and wait for their turn hanggang sa naka tulog ulit. While Troy is having the time of his life, watching the game, hindi n’ya nakita si Kim kaya humahaba na ang leeg n’ya sa kakahanap dito, hanggang narinig n’ya na tinatawag na sila.

 

Bro bro, it’s us. We are next. So the tree get-up and walk to their surprise.

 

Oh my gosh, there she is. As Troy pointing to girl whose back is facing them. Lahat sila napa nga-nga looking at one pair of legs, … long beautiful legs as smooth and silky as milk.

 

Oh ano, tulo laway n’yo as Troy teasingly asking them. Okay mga loser go to your spot and let’s try to win this game.

 

That very moment, Gerald can’t explain but somehow he suddenly feels uneasy. As he was looking at her back, watching her grab her hair into pony tail and tack it in into her baseball cap, he got so affected watching her neck. He found the action so seductive and y. As she slowly turn around and position, whistle wake them up by surprise.

 

Oh ! As Fred blurted out!