Chapter 3: Denials

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

 

A few hours later, Kim get over herself, she decided to let go what happened. Determined to move on and convince her own self that she deserves everything, that between her and Gerald, it is Gerald who is the true victim of the situation. Deep inside she knows what she believe but doing this is the only way she can accept and face head on the possible abyss awaits her in the future.

Maybe lack of sleep, but she is up early ready to go. As she looks at herself at the mirror she noticed the big red mark right at her right neck and some bruises on her left and right arms. Slowly she traces those marks with her fingers, looking at the mirror trying to find the inner strength she got, with one last look she give herself a sweet smile and with soft voice say….. You’re born a fighter Kim!

Six in the morning, she hop down the stairs wearing a black shorts with white long sleeves tailored shirt with a nice blue and white floral pattern scarf fashionable tied around her neck as a cover.

On her way out the front door, Manang Malou spotted her. Kim, ang aga mo ata, saan ba ang punta mo? Good morning Manang, she greeted the help. Pupunta ako sa Grace To Be Born, agahan ko kasi may special event today, para makatulong po. As she explains to her, Manang notice that she is holding her car keys. Kim gusto mo gisingin ko na si Mario. No Manang huwag na, I can drive myself going there. Paki sabi na lang kay Tita Vangie baka late na ako mamaya maka uwi, and I’ll try to call later na lang. Okay Kim, mag inggat ka na lang. Thank you Manang.

Unconsciously, she planned to be late in going home, she doesn’t really understand why but she knows that avoiding Gerald probably her best reason. No matter how much she denied that she is not affected from what happened, her actions and way of thinking showing different. Grace to Be Born is one of her mother’s favorite orphanages, since she was little she always goes with her mom helping at the orphanage and every time she is in the country, this place is the first she grace with her presence.

 At nine am, back at the Anderson’s residence, Manang Malou together with other help is serving breakfast. Mrs. Anderson noticed that Kim is not around. Manang told her that Kim went out very early for the event at the Orphanage. Setting on her left, Gerald is rather quiet, trying to avoid her mother’s glare. But since He is the only left there with his mother, he is running out of luck. RJ, where did you go last night? I was with Fred mom; we just hang out at his place. RJ, I know this is hard for you and Kim, but I hope you won’t take it out on her; she is just as victim as you are in this situation. Worse for her, she has nobody aside from us. Feeling guilty, he chooses to remain quite. RJ, I am talking to you. Mom please, I heard you. I don’t know what to say, I can’t say everything is okay because it’s not, I can’t say I understand because I don’t. But I want you to know that I don’t intend to hurt Kim and I can’t pretend to be her friend right now also. Just leave me alone for now, soon I’ll get over this, just don’t except too much from me right now. Being one understanding mother, Vangie knows exactly what her son was talking about and where he is coming from.

All day Gerald decided to stay home, he spends most of his time in his bedroom catching up with his sleep. Afternoon comes; he went to see if Kim came back yet. He knows that he owes her an apology. Bored from waiting he hits his home gym to do some weights and throw punches to take his frustration out. Dinner comes, no Kim, He spends dinner alone after his parents left for a charitable dinner function. After dinner he decided to do some movie marathon alone, after 3 movies which he doesn’t understand he decided to check the kitchen and look for Manang. Manang 11 pm na wala pa si Kim? Naku Ge, sabi n’ya gabihin daw s’ya kasi may event sa Grace. Oh okay, how late is late naman kaya yon? Hindi ko lang alam, bakit? May usapan ba kayo? Wala naman, ngayon lang kasi ako nag stay ng bahay maganda sana kung nandito s’ya at least maka pag usap kami.Thanks Manang, di bali na lang, sige good night. Good night Ge, wala ka na kailangan? Wala na manang. Sige matulog na din ako.

Gerald went out to the garden and seated on the bench close to the car port, a perfect dark spot where he can see Kim coming. 2 hours later, Kim came park her car and open the back of her car and dig the shopping bag of school supplies she get for the children at the Orphanage. Not noticing Gerald coming, she got surprise when Gerald, make some noise to get noticed, by surprise she hits her head on the back compartment. Hi Kim, I waited for you. Ge, you are going to give me a heart attack. Unconsciously, she become so defensive, she cover her chest so fast and move far away from Him. Gerald noticed and he felt so bad, He realized the effect from last night. Kim, I am so sorry. I was drunk and so stupid. I want you to know that I respect you and I don’t extend to hurt you in any way. Ge, don’t worry about it; it’s not your fault. I must have deserved it; after all it’s my parents who put you into this misery. Kim, please don’t ever think that you deserved it. You don’t deserve any of those, I was stupid, and if you want to slap me or tell my parents about it, please do so. I know I am wrong and I am ready to face the consequences. As he comes closer to her, he noticed that Kim is trying to maintain the distance. Ge, let’s forget about last night, let us think it was just a bad dream so we can wake up and start a new day. If you don’t mind, I’ll go ahead I had a very tiring day. Good night Ge. Good night Kim, and again I am sorry. Don’t worry about it. Kim turns around and walks away. Looking at her behind, Gerald got mesmerized with her long legs and knocked out body. Oh my god, she is so beautiful. Snap out of it Ge, he told himself. He can’t understand where this feelings coming from, he feels like he is being -in by Kimmy’s magnet, a force that is making him so weak. This very moment he knows that familiar feeling got awaken, a weird feeling that he tries to fight back and push behind for a long time. The feeling that he thought was replace by hate and bitterness. C’mon Gerald, don’t be stupid now. Don’t forget what she had done to you. She left you without saying bye and she forget about you for 3 years, you are heart broken, now that you are totally over it, don’t tell me……. It’s just lust. Ge…that’s all it is.