Chapter 6: Worries

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

 

The week is almost over and the bonding becomes stronger. Gerald tries so hard to avoid being romantically close to Kim. Conscience got Him good; thinking what He is doing probably is taking advantage of the nice and friendly gesture that Kim is showing Him. But, was He correct?

Morning sunrise wake-up the aching Kim, she felt the pain all over her body after a fun and intense wake boarding experience Gerald shared with her. With a smile in her face, lying down and looking at the window how the wind blows the white delicate organza curtain some how she felt joy and freedom. A freedom she’s been longing for years after her parent’s death. Freedom from all the uncertainty and loneliness, today she knew deep inside her that she can handle everything, that life for her is not perfect and way far from normal but with the love that her mother planted in her heart, she can face and do everything.

Up and bouncy, she ran downstairs happy as she smell the food Mommy Vangie preparing for breakfast. By surprise, she hugs Mommy Vangie from behind.

Morning Tita Vangie! What’s cooking Tita? Can I help you?

Oh hello iha, good morning to you too sweet young lady. Morning is definitely good to be greeted by a happy, pretty girl like you. …sure come, I’ll show you how to make a hot dark chocolate.

Thank you Tita …. As she give her all sweet smiles walking closer to Mommy Vangie.

Okay Iha, this is our own native Pilipino Hot Tsokolate, you see this? This is what we called Tablea, made from pure cacao. You see, you don’t just simply melt this into hot water. You need to continue to beat until it’s totally melted and reach the correct consistency and texture. After a few second, Vangie’s voice start to crack and tears start to form in the corner of her eyes.

As Kimmy’s taking charge of the beating, she noticed a sob from Vangie.

Tita, are you okay? What happened?

Oh, nothing Iha, I just remember your Mother, we are like this every summer morning during our summer school vacation. Just like your Mother she used to like doing that. She loves it so much that I never got a chance to hold a batidor.

Kimmy, just rub her back and give her a hug.

Anyways, enough with my drama, let’s keep going before those two wakes up and look for breakfast. Alam mo naman masama silang magutom. Hahahaha

They have prepared so much food. Kim enjoyed cooking; she got a chance to make pancake, sausage, and bacon and egg omelet.

Kimmy, that omelet is RJ’s favorite. He likes it with mushroom and lots of cheese. Then you roll it with sweet red pepper. Naku pag nakita na ni RJ yan, mag water na mouth n’ya.

Yes, I remember Tita. I remember how he make me put the entire omelet back, everything that I took kasi He wants it all, kaya si Yaya sabi sa akin, I should just eat bacon so I’ll stay pretty. Hahhahaha takaw talaga ni RJ ano?....speaking of RJ, for sure tulog mantika yon and beside it’s only 6:30 am Tita. We both wake so early.

I know Iha, I can’t sleep anymore. I think that’s all I do here in sleep and sleep kaya wala na akong antok na maitulog.

Tita, would it be okay if I go and swim for a while? I won’t take too long, I just love swimming early in the morning, and water is warm and so calm, so peaceful.

Go go Iha, anyways for sure they won’t be up for another hour or so and beside everything is ready, I’ll watch TV and might be fall back to sleep. Just be careful.

Okay, thanks Tita. Then Kimmy kiss and Vangie and went back to her room to change into her swimming gear. She get-in into her scuba diving suite and grab her stuff and off she go.

She grabs the kayak instead, paddle herself to her perfect spot and deploy to merge into the water back first. Holding the anchor, swimming fast down undersea, she let go of it and start playing with the fishes swimming freely and gracefully. It became her habit that every time she goes down, she tend to clean the under surface from any garbage. Doing that she loose track for time, she spend so much time enjoying underneath that when she realized and look up, she can tell that somebody is waiting above the water. She secure the net basket and tie it on her waist, she start swimming up.

Oh gosh! Finally, you decided to show up! As Gerald blurted out angrily and sound so irritated, why you have to take so long? You I am so hungry but instead I have to come out here and waited for you and tell you to go back because my parents are waiting worried sick about you.

Hello and good morning to you too. Sorry for whatever….and I am pretty sure, I didn’t finish all the food.  So don’t blame me if you’re hungry. You should have eaten before you left. And I told Tita so she knows where I am. And lastly, I am a strong competent diver; I can find my way up and back to the house.

Wow Kim! Sorry too, that I have to follow orders from my parents. … This time Gerald is so pissed, he doesn’t know why, in the first place none of his parents told him to do what he just did.

Look Ge, sorry for everything I have cause; I wasn’t thinking that my early swimming could affect you that way. I was thinking that since you and Tito Randy are still sleeping, I could go for a quick swim, an hour or so, but I lose track of time.

Gerald just looks at her, okay whatever, just hurry. My parents are waiting. We are supposed to go to town after breakfast.

Without any more arguments Kim just surrender and submit to anything He says.

As soon as Kimmy’s feet felt the sand, she slowly takes off her diving suit exposing her body by just wearing 2 piece bikinis. Just as she finish pulling her shorts up, Gerald look back and wondering if she’s still following him.

Embarrass caught on the act, Gerald try to look on the other side, as Kimmy almost expose is being hit by the sun. To cover up his actions, he starts yelling at her again.

Kimmy, ano ba, ang bagal bagal mo.

Oo na oo na, I’m catching up, for heaven sake what’s the rush?

I told you I am hungry.

So go, I am just behind you. Ano ba ang problema? Does it really need na mag kasabay tayong pumasok sa door? ..as Kim asking sarcastically.

Kim puwede ba, enough. I didn’t know nagger ka pala. One word pa lang nasabi ko sasagutin mo talagang ng walang katapusan.

Excuse me. Hindi ako nagger, I just don’t understand what’s the big deal in all of this.

As soon as they come in inside the house, Gerald chooses not to say anything. He knows that Kimmy won’t stop.