Chapter 16: Life Begins

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

Not too long after, Kim and Gerald got married. Wedding of the century people describe, attended by rich and famous was noted hard to top. Just like any weddings, it ended with “now I pronounce you man and wife” and “now you may kiss the bride”.

Guest was hooting and screaming for more, a request that they both willingly rendered, two people that bring confusion to their lives are now convince they can do anything their heart desire. “What does my heart desire?” is the question Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu garbage long time ago. Doing the unimaginable things in life, Kim manages to suppress her true feelings and learned to dance the music of life she’s living. Being Mrs. Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu Anderson, she knows that it is merely a title attached to her name rather than a holy sacrament to be obeyed. As wedding should be a symbol of a wonderful beginning of two people’s lives, for her this must be a beginning of living in hell. Thinking that she got everything figures out, once again her emotion play trick on her. Engage deeply in thinking, tears falling, feeling scared and lonely, finally got unto her, and the mess she’s in.

 

Gerald enjoyed the party so much that he soaks himself into alcohol. Wake up the next day disoriented and with a massive headache, alone in a huge king size bed in a hotel honeymoon suite, he remember to look for Kim. Without any trace of Kim’s personal belonging, he is positive that he was alone all night.

 

While taking a shower, he tries to remember everything from ceremony right up to the celebration. After that everything else is blurry.

 

Kim and Gerald got the Chiu’s ancestral home; they both agree to fix the house to accommodate their needs, with 9 bedrooms they sleep in different room as one of their agreement. The house has a minimal number of help, only 2 maids and 1 driver that they truly trusted. Their living arrangement is not a secret to the help and to their parents.

Just before lunch, Gerald got pick up by the driver and brought him home.

 

Manang, si Kim po?

 

Nasa likod po sir, nasa swimming pool.

 

Okay, thank you Manang. Then he went to the back of the house straight to the swimming pool and watch Kim enjoying herself. Kim’s head came out from the water, Gerald wave at her. Hi! How’s the water? He yelled.

 

Hi Ge! How’s your headache? I suppose you got one! Hehehe you’re pretty wasted last night.

 

Oh yeah! Thanks’ for leaving your new husband!

 

I figure you won’t need me. Kim teasingly answers. She decided to get out from the water and walk towards the lounge chair to get her towel. Gerald met her halfway and gives her the towel. Wearing 2 piece yellow bikinis, Kim’s skin was illuminating with the color she wears and exposing her long slender legs and curvy body to Gerald,  waking up all his senses and make his eyeballs ready to jump out.

 

Didn’t your mother teach you, stirring is not polite? Kim said with a smile while grabbing the towel from his hands.

 

I don’t think admiring your wife’s body is a crime! Gerald answer.

 

Hah! ……. Is all she can say … so how are you?

 

I am okay…. Aside from feeling weird… then He kiss Kim by surprise. … How about you, how are you?

 

I’m okay. Have you eaten lunch yet? If you want, come have lunch with me.

 

Gerald didn’t answer but he went right behind Kim towards the house.

 

Manang kakain po kami, paki set po ng table. Then Kim went straight to the kitchen and help bring the dishes out. Before she starts her early swim, she makes beef linaga, bistek and tortang talong and cassava cake for dessert.

 

Wow Manang ang sarap ng linaga mo ah, Gerald commented.

 

Naku Sir, si maam po ang nag luto, taga hiwa ng ako.

 

Sarap Kim. Naku I’ll be gaining weight if you cook like this all the time.

 

I made that because I know you’ll be waking up with hangover.

 

Silent echoed their dining room; Gerald is so restless and obviously waiting for the perfect timing to open his mouth.

 

Kim, we need to talk about us.

 

Okay, the only response from Kim.

 

We need to talk how we are going to do this. Obviously hindi naman puede we can live pretending that everything is okay with our situation. Last thing I want is to hurt you and mag away tayo.

 

Ge, we don’t need to complicate things. As long as we respect each other privacy, and try not to get into each other’s business I don’t think magka problema tayo.

 

But Kim, we need to remember, in society’s eyes we are husband and wife. And we should be careful not to drag our family in the situation that could ruin them.

 

Ge, as promise, I won’t bring shame into this family. I will respect this family. Gusto ko lang sana na maging honest ka sa akin. Let me know if you get involve with someone so I can prepare myself from media’s scrutiny.

 

Okay. Let’s lay some rules.

 

What rules? Kim ask

 

Like, no dating or entertaining other parties.

Kim laugh…. Are you serious? Sino naman ang makipag date sa akin? I don’t think any man in their right mind would ask me for a date knowing that I am married. And beside if someone would do, I will be totally so insulted.

 

Basta, mas maganda na we have that clear. And I want to know where you are every time you are not home. And same with me, I’ll let you know.

 

Ge, seriously I don’t need to know.

 

Okay, if you don’t want to know….still I’ll tell you so alam mo. I’ll text you or message you not to ask permission but just so you know.

 

Their dinner turn into a business deal, setting all the rules to follow in their relationship, Kim volunteer to cook only if she got time and if she is home. While Gerald wants to drive her to work but she refuse, with the excuse of driving herself is one of her most enjoyed freedom and Gerald agree. Sunday is family day for them; agree to go to church together, lunch at Anderson mansion and to visit Chiu’s puntod and Sunday dinner at home or outside.

 

Okay, everything is clear..Deal! Then Kim extends her hand to Gerald for a handshake.

 

A Handshake? Are you serious? You owe me a honeymoon! Gerald teasingly told Kim.

 

Sorry my friend! No can do! I don’t sleep around……. Only for love..she whisper.. As she walk away from the dining room.