Chapter 12: Welcome!

Forever Yours ........Faithfully

 

The 45 minutes helicopter rides turn out to be agonizing, Kim stirring blank, far and avoiding Gerald while Gerald giving her an intense look. Gerald got so upset with Kim for her impulsiveness, strong headed woman that most of the time her decision is based on her emotion that can affects her judgment. 

 

Few minutes later they landed in Anderson’s Mansion, welcome by Mommy Vangie excitedly. Hello Kim welcome home iha, she yelled on up of her lungs as the helicopter’s engine was not on fully stop.

 

Thank you Tita, it is nice to see you.

 

Nice to finally see you Kimmy, I hope you stay more than a week this time. Come guys let’s all go inside for a snack.

 

As soon as the group got inside, Fred and Rayver say their goodbyes while Rayver volunteered to give Ashley a ride.

 

Nice to see you again Kim, Ashley give Kim a hug. Nice to see you Ashley, she replied.

 

Fred come closer and gives her a tight hug, it is really good to see you Kimmy, stay safe. Then give her a kiss. Same with Rayver, these two close friends of Gerald are the only two that really knows what is going on between Anderson and Chiu.

 

Gerald also excuse himself and went straight to his bedroom to get clean-up while Mommy Vangie ask Kim to set and have a chat with her in the living room.

 

So, Kimmy tell me, how are you?

 

I am good Tita.

 

That’s all? Then she laughs. Iha, I haven’t seen you for almost a year, we only talk on the phone most of the time for sure you have more to tell me than just “I am good Tita” hahaha

 

I know..hehehe…I just don’t know where to start I guess. As she explains then follow with her sweet smile.

 

Will, why don’t you start with…hmmmm… when did you get back?

 

Yeah sure …. I came back 3 weeks ago, I decided to stay in Boracay because of Scuba Diving, and I was thinking that maybe I can stay there before seeing you guys….. You know I am turning 21 in few months.

 

Yes I know, then smile at Kim letting her know that she understand what she is trying to tell her. ..So did you had fun at Boracay?...... you know, just before the craziness happened. Hahahaha

 

Tita, I am so sorry. Seems like, I never failed to give you guys’ excitement or Gerald this time. I am so sorry that I ruined his vacation; he has supposed to have few more days to enjoy.

 

Naah….. don’t worry about it, for sure he is glad to be home. And beside he is so dark already. Hahahhah and so is you. But you still look so beautiful and classy no matter what you wear. Okay, listen why don’t you go to your room, rest and I’ll send the maid later to get you for dinner when your Tito arrive… take care those blister and scratches.

 

Thanks Tita. Then kiss her and went she goes.

 

Kimmy! Vangie look back and call her…. It is really nice to have you here. I miss you.

 

She just smiled and went again.

 

After few hours later, Randy arrived. Three of them are setting in the dining room waiting for Gerald.

 

Ma’am Vangie, tulog na tulog pa ata si Sir Gerald, hindi ho sumasagot.

 

Okay, salamat Manang. My goodness talaga itong si Gerald, so I guess we have to eat dinner without him.

 

What do you expect from Him, for sure he is trying to catch up from the wild parties he is been doing sa Boracay. That man is really trying to test my temper, kapag ako mapuno, makikita niya talaga.

I think He didn’t get to sleep well last night. Kasi….He slept at my cottage, but sa living room sya natulog, baka nahirapan….saying it shyly while looking down her plate.

 

Vangie and Randy were shocked from what they heard…..took them a few second to response.

 

Kaya naman pala…… Vangie said weakly.

 

Ehem…Randy clears his throat to bring everyone into comfortable state.

 

So Kimmy, have you and your Tita Vangie talked? …Hon? Randy is so anxious if Vangie discus with Gerald and Kim about the arrangement that is nearly approaching.

 

Kim could sense the uncomfortable moment at the table. Tito not yet, but don’t you think we need Gerald to be here before we start to discuss anything?

 

Yes of course, but since Gerald is not here, I want to know what you think.

 

I don’t want anything big and fancy. Just small and simple is good for me.

 

Oh no Iha, that is not going to happen, your mom will kill me…… oppss..Sorry for the kill word…I don’t want your mom to be mad at me. You are going to have a big wedding. Tell you what, first we need to have it announce in the paper. We need to have an announcement party, an engagement party.

 

But Tita….we are not even……

 

Forget it Kimmy, you deserve the best engagement party your parents money can afford. If we are doing this, we might do it with the Bang! A classy engagement party that the whole society will be shocked.

 

Randy watching his wife, enjoying….that’s your Tita Vangie Kim. I am telling you, it’s hard to say no to her.

 

Listen, I know you are still tired, so take a rest tonight because tomorrow we start to make noise.

 

Okay… is all she can say.

 

After Dinner, she went back to her bedroom, 12:30 am she is still awake. Sitting on her laptop, finding people she can chat with in Facebook. After a while she decided to go out to the garden. Stretching her body in the bench, looking up the sky, when suddenly she can feel that someone standing not too far away from her head.

 

My goodness Gerald, you got to stop doing that.

 

Hello to you too….doing what by the way.

 

Sneaking on me all the time, you are going to give me a heart attack.

 

Why are you here? Can’t sleep?

 

Yes, I sleep too much earlier and now can’t sleep anymore.

 

Me too, can I seat beside you?

 

Sure. Quiet for a while……. And both of them talk at same time.

 

So…okay go ahead Kim.

 

Kay thanks…… listen, your parents ask me earlier about the wedding…..you still want to do it?...I was thinking, it doesn’t matter to me anymore. I don’t want to ruin your future.

 

Gerald just looking at her, the look that she can felt all over her body down to her inner bones…like a fire.

 

Look at me Kim,….. Gerald holds her chin and turns her head to face him. Kim got electric shocked when she felt his tender touched. He knows that she is affected, he move his fingers and open his palm to cope her face and give her a sweet and tender caresses to ease her tensed nerve. He look at her eyes, and let his eyes travelled from her eyes, nose until he got to her lips and give his full attention to her moist kissable lips. He moves his thumb and traces her lips. Kim enjoy the soothing feeling that almost send her floating into the clouds, she closed her eyes and let go……Just in time Gerald stops, so she gets back to reality.

 

Look, I don’t care anymore either, I know I need to do this, for the last 3 years, I learned to accept the fact that this day is going to happen. But this time, I want to know what do you want….What do you really want Kim?

If it is okay with you….then it is okay with me. It is only you that I am worried about; I know you are seeing somebody.

 

Haha…not anymore..for two years now……. So, do you want a big wedding?

 

No!......If it is up to me, I don’t want a big wedding. Civil wedding is good enough for me.

 

But you know it is not going to happen, with Mom’s around, everything must be big. Hehehe

 

Ge, are you not worried?. What if we got to the point where we start hating and hurting each other?

 

Kim, as long as we remain friends and be honest to each other, we can work this out.

 

I guess, you are right….yeah, we need to be friends. Just promise me one thing, don’t try to hide anything from me, if you fall in-love with someone else during our marriage life, let me know first before I heard it from someone else.

 

That is not going to happen…..but yes, promised. Then he kisses her hands and put it to his chest, then grab her to rest on his right chest while they both looking at the stars. They stay in that position without talking until they both fall asleep and wake up by sunrise hitting their faces.

 

Morning sunshine! Gerald kisses the top of her head.