Chapter 11

Project Yunho
++++++
 

“Yunho ah, the next time that you feel like beating the crap out of someone… just, try to think of other things instead okay? Anything that could make you forget your anger at all. Just focus on that and act on it. But please don’t beat or, threaten people and push them up against the walls anymore alright? You might get into more trouble if you did.”

A small smile spread across Yoochun’s lips as he listened to Jaejoong’s words of advice floating from the direction of the living room. Ever since they got home, Yunho had been eerily subdued and had refused to talk. It was the first time they saw him cry too. And so later with a sigh and a shrug, they decided to leave him alone for a few minutes to himself.

Yoochun inwardly chuckled, still quite in awe of how fierce Yunho had been in the men’s bathroom. He was practically seething back there. For a moment, Yoochun saw a glimpse of himself from years ago in the human hybrid’s eyes.

In the past, especially a few years after Junsu’s death, Yoochun had the knack of beating up anyone that dared look at Jaejoong in a certain way. And only realized two years later when his best friend confronted him about the situation that he was treating Jaejoong like he was a fragile glass, just like the way he used to protect Junsu - from everything.

Yoochun heaved out a deep breath as he caressed the photograph in his hand. There on the picture were Jaejoong, him and Junsu, smiles adorning their faces as they grinned into the camera.

Yoochun terribly missed their childhood days. He terribly missed Junsu in particular.

Yoochun grew up not knowing who his parents were. And didn’t exactly got along with anyone in the orphanage that had been his home ever since he learned how to walk. Everyone said he was a problem child. He used to get into fights with the other kids in the orphanage. Honestly, Yoochun had vivid recollections of being hopeless back then, holding a grudge against the world for his existence. He hated everyone around him and preferred to isolate himself.

But that was until the mother superior introduced him to the Kim family.

They were new in the neighborhood. Mother superior said that it would do him good if he tried to befriend the couple’s son. Yoochun’s first thoughts were ‘I don’t want any friends!’ but when he saw Junsu seated in a wheel chair, looking every bit sick as he was inside, yet still wearing such a beautiful bright smile – he found himself falling in love instead.

A lone tear fell on the photograph. Yoochun hastily rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. “Junsu-yah help me. Please. I can’t take this anymore. I want to move on but…” he trailed off, a choked sob rising from his throat. “I can’t forget you.”

“Yoochunnie!” Junsu called out, all smiles and bright eyes upon seeing Yoochun enter through the gates.

“Sunnie!” A permanent grin plastered across Yoochun’s lips as he quickly ran towards his best friend. Yoochun skidded to a halt in front of Junsu’s wheelchair and crouched down, throwing both arms around him. “I missed you so much!”

“We just saw each other yesterday silly.” Junsu murmured as he giggled, Yoochun’s hair tickling his nose.

Yoochun pulled back from the hug and smiled sheepishly. “Yeah. But not being with you even for a day is too long.”

Junsu’s giggles intensified as he pinched the other boy in the cheek. “You love me that much Yoochun ah?”

“Of course I do.” Yoochun nodded his head vigorously before laying his head down on Junsu’s lap, sighing in contentment. “You’re the only friend I have." he said. "Well there’s Jaejoong-hyung but you're special to me. Sunnie, I love you so much."

Soft fingers cradled his hair, causing Yoochun to look up at the other’s smiling face. “I love you too Yoochun ah.”

“Don't forget your promise about marrying me when we grow up alright?” Yoochun said with expectant, round eyes.

Junsu tilted his head to the side, trying not to grin as he teased. “Oh? I didn’t remember promising you anything.”

“Yah!” Yoochun exclaimed, lower lip jutting out. “But you promised Sunnie. You said it last month, April 12, 2:30 pm. I remembered that. You said that once you get better you’ll marry me and that you'll make a family with me.”

Junsu placed a hand to his mouth as if in a gasp. “I did?”

Yoochun nodded fervently. “You did! Ah, here’s Jaejoong-hyung. He was there when you said it. Hyung!” he called out as he sprinted towards the older boy’s direction and nearly dragged him by the arm back to the boy in the wheelchair.

“Y-Yoochun ah?” Jaejoong asked, startled. He turned to his brother and quickly winced at the sudden alarm in his eyes.

“Jaejoong-hyung what happened to you?” Junsu asked in worry, reaching out to cup Jaejoong’s bruised face. “Hyung.”

“It’s nothing Sunnie.” Jaejoong clarified, brushing him off as he wiped at his cheeks. “I just slipped and fell in the kitchen.”

“Appa did this to you didn’t he?” Junsu’s voice rose, features morphing into a look of anger. “He beat you up again.”

“It was my fault. I… I messed up. I was trying to help Umma in cooking and… and Appa came in and I kind of spilled some of the soup on his clothes.” Jaejoong stuttered, defending his stepfather. “Don’t be angry at Appa. It was me.”

“I hate that he’s so mean to you.” Junsu said, biting at his bottom lip, eyes turning sad. “I’m sorry hyung.”

“I told you it’s fine Su.” Jaejoong murmured and sank to his knees in front of his brother, hugging him. “As long as you’re there I’m okay. Appa will never love me I know that, but you do and I’m really happy. So please, don’t be sad anymore.”

Junsu didn’t answer but wrapped his arms around his older brother’s frame instead.

Yoochun stepped in, apologizing. “Jaejoong-hyung. I’m sorry for dragging you. I didn’t know. Did I hurt you?”

Jaejoong pulled back and turned to him. “No. I’m okay.” he sniffed, then smiled. “What did you want to ask me again?”

“Oh.” Yoochun muttered before exclaiming. “Sunnie said he doesn’t remember promising to marry me. But hyung, he said it last month. You were there when we were in the garden. Please tell me you remember it too.”

Jaejoong and Junsu shared a look, as if having the same train of thought. “Oh? Did he now? I don’t remember it Chun.”

With his mouth falling open, Yoochun whimpered. “You’re mean. Come on, you’re ganging up on me.”

The Kim brothers erupted into a laughing fit.

Jaejoong was the first to sober. Seeing the kicked puppy expression of the other boy, it warmed his heart how much love Yoochun was showering his baby brother. “I do remember that day Yoochun ah. You even said you'd put a big circle on your calendar on the date once you get home.”

Yoochun’s eyes rose to his hairline. “Ha!” He turned to Junsu and practically bounced as he took his arm. “Heard that?”

Junsu giggled, gesturing for Yoochun to get closer. “Come here.”

Yoochun dropped to his side with an air of exuberance.

“Ah Yoochun ah.” Jaejoong called.

Yoochun turned his head to Jaejoong. “Hyung?”

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said, an amused smirk painting his lips.

When Yoochun turned back to Junsu, it was then he realized why Jaejoong was smirking.

Junsu’s lips were on his. Their mouth touching; connected. Kissing.

Yoochun’s eyes were wide as saucers as he hastily pulled back. "Su..." he quietly murmured.

“I… I was supposed to give you a cheek popo.” Junsu explained, face turning red.

“Ahh, so I guess it’s official.” Jaejoong declared. Both boys looked at him. “Chunnie is Sunnie’s wife now. Heh.” Jaejoong paused, before exclaiming. “Ahhh, let’s take a picture to remember your first kiss day! I’ll go ask Umma for a camera.”

Junsu and Yoochun looked at their hyung’s retreating back, and then looked shyly at each other.

“Ummm….” Yoochun began, gazing at Junsu through his bangs. “Do I really have to be the wife?”

Junsu smiled, caressing Yoochun’s own red-tinted cheeks lovingly. “I promise to get better for my wife.”

"You will get better." Yoochun encouraged, matching the other's smile, before he added. "Ne Su?"

"Hmmm?"

Yoochun's lips spread into a cheeky grin. "Can I have another kiss?"

There was no hesitation when they both leaned in at the same time.

To Yoochun, Junsu tasted like paradise.


Yoochun heaved out a shuddering breath as he threw himself on the soft sheets of his bed, body forming into a fetal position. "We were supposed to make a family. We were supposed to be together. But I let you down. I screwed up and now... I'll forever be miserable right?" Torrents of tears rolled down his face. "Junsu-yah, tell me. Am I being punished for failing you?"
 
++++++

“You’ve been silent ever since we left the house Yoochun ah.” Jaejoong observed as they drove along the highway.

Yoochun let out a sigh before gazing at his best friend. “Just remembering fond memories Jae. Anyway…” he said, gaze flickering to Yunho’s figure sitting at the backseat, eyes glued to the nightlights of Seoul. “Are you sure about this?”

“No.” Jaejoong admitted as he his seat and looked at Yunho in the back. “He’s going to get hit on at the club.”

“Well, he kind of gives an intimidating aura, so I’m not really worried about his virtue." he said. "What I’m worried about is how he’ll react if you get hit on by the customers who couldn’t understand plain Korean that you don’t work like that. I mean, I’m not really any better but at least I have self control, but Yunho might end up snapping someone’s neck there.”

“We already talked about this.” Jaejoong replied with a wave of his hand. “He won’t do anything stupid.” he scooted and whispered into Yoochun’s ear. “Actually, I told him that if he didn’t learn to control his instincts I’m not going to give him s and vice versa.” he sighed. “I will also make sure I stay behind the counter tonight to avoid him getting jealous.”

Yoochun smirked, seeing the still quite ‘high’ expression on Jaejoong’s eyes. “Really boosted your ego back there huh?”

Jaejoong blinked. “What?”

“He got jealous and literally pinned a guy to a wall by brute strength alone. I gotta say I’m impressed. I didn’t think that I’d actually feel this towards him but, for some reason, knowing that he’s with you, I feel secured that you’d be protected.”

“Why does everybody think I need protecting?” Jaejoong snorted.” You’re in just the same boat that I am pretty boy.”

“Oh but I’m badass while you’re a soft mother-hen.” Yoochun replied, snickering.

Jaejoong scowled and slapped him in the arm. “You should know mother hens are fierce when it comes to their chicks.”

“And Yunho is your chick? Hmm, he seems more like a rooster though.”

“Same bottom-line. Mother hens are fierce.” Jaejoong defended heatedly.

“Whatever you say princess. Whatever you say.”

Jaejoong huffed out a breath as he sagged against the headrest. But to tell the truth, he still couldn’t quite get over the fact that Yunho had been jealous, actually felt that kind of emotion because of him. Jaejoong had wanted to ask the other man about why he did what he did earlier. He wanted to know if Yunho did feel anything remotely romantic for him.

But in the end, he left him alone to gather his thoughts. Jaejoong wasn’t gonna lie. He felt elated, giddy even that Yunho seemed to have a possessive streak towards him, but it scared him at the same time, knowing that he was falling hard.
 
++++++

The whole place was partially dark and a booming sound coming from the dancing room was resounding and bouncing against the walls of the dining area of the club while multi colored lights decorated the ceiling.

When they entered the club, all eyes were instantly on them and in a heartbeat, Jaejoong developed the strongest urge to turn around, drag Yunho back to the house, hide him inside the closet and never let him out into the open ever again.

“Damn who’s that guy?”

“, he’s gorgeous.

“That body is too beautiful.”

“, please tell me he’s one of the servicing men.”

“He looks yummy enough to eat.”

“I saw him first.”


Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea after all that he made Yunho wear tight -hugging leather jeans and a sleeveless black top, with a V-neckline exposing a bit of his chiseled bronzed chest. But Yunho looked so eatable in those clothes when they shopped for it, and in a temporary moment of insanity, Jaejoong had wanted to show off Yunho to the world.

A stupid move on his part.

Jaejoong inwardly banged his head on an imaginary wall. He didn’t care if Yoochun said something about Yunho being more than capable of looking after himself, Jaejoong at the moment wanted to gauge everyone’s eyes out for looking.

“Jae, Yunho, I need to go the men’s room first.” Yoochun quickly informed as he began his pace towards the said destination. “Just go to manager-hyung's office and meet me there.” he yelled as he disappeared around the corner.

Yunho turned to Jaejoong and gave him a smile. “So this is where you work?”

Jaejoong nodded his head as he grabbed Yunho’s hand and walked towards the manager-hyung’s office on the second floor. “Yeah, this is where Yoochun and I work. But I usually just stand by the counter or inside the kitchen though.”

“Well, well, well, Jae. I gotta say your standards sure have increased. Tell me baby, is he a friend or more than that?”

Jaejoong flicked the leering co-worker in the forehead. “Give it a rest Heechul. And he’s off limits. Now back off.”

"You're not even going to introduce me?" Heechul asked, lower lip curved into a pout. “Not even gonna share?”

“Off limits Heech, and you know I’m not the type to share.” Jaejoong said and pushed past him. “Yunho, let’s go.”

Heechul rested a hand on his hips, sighing. “Well then, see ya later sweetheart.” he said and blew a kiss to their retreating backs. “Just call me when you change your mind. You know I’m always up for a Jae-baby!”

Yunho turned his head and gave him a wondering look.

“Ugh, I hate it when he’s drunk and flirty.” Jaejoong grumbled under his breath as they walked. Heechul was a good friend and a good person all in all but when he was stoned, he had this habit of hitting on anyone within a fifty mile radius.

“Was that your friend?” Yunho asked with creased eyebrows, feeling a nasty hollow feeling at the pit of his stomach. He felt the same kind of emotion that day at the mall, and Yunho found himself biting at the inside of his mouth to keep himself from growling. Jaejoong did after all say that he should learn to control his emotions and not let them take control over him.

“Yeah we’re friends. He’s insufferable at times though.” Jaejoong said, sighing. “Don’t mind him Yunho ah. He’s drunk.”
 
+++++

“So, run the plan over me again Junsu ah.” Changmin said steering his motorbike outside the club’s parking space.

“You go in first. And I follow you a few minutes after. When I go in, I don’t act like we know each other. Instead, I will go straight to the Yoochun person and…” Junsu trailed off, an unsure look marring his face. “Do I really have to do what it showed in the movies you made me watch Changmin ah? Wouldn’t he get mad at a random person kissing him?”

The very thought made Junsu sweat. Sure he’s practiced the act called kissing before, imitating the way those people on screen at each other’s lips. Junsu even spent a good time in the mirror just practicing and had occasionally even engaged his friend in a few kissing rounds (which felt so terribly wrong to him, and to think it was supposed to be a good feeling) but right now, the reality that in just a few minutes, he was to go inside a completely unfamiliar territory and had to flirt with this Park Yoochun guy and literally shove his tongue inside his mouth – it made Junsu want to run for dear life.

“Are you backing out?” Changmin asked with a frown, as he took out his gloves and put it to the glove compartment.

Junsu stepped back and shook his head. “N-no. It’s just that… I’m not sure if…”

“You’ll do fine.” Changmin said as he beamed. “I have strong confidence that you’d have Yoochun-hyung falling for you in a matter of seconds. I mean, who wouldn’t? You’re gorgeous, young, cute, innocent looking and totally scream .”

“I still am not sure about this." Junsu admitted. He sighed. "But… you’re my friend and I trust you.”

At the short span of time that he was within the human's care, Junsu did already felt like he could trust this man.

Aside from the the fact that Changmin’s been of a great help to him the past two weeks, feeding him without complaints, he even taught him a few thing things about how to appear more human. Sure he was brought up like one by his creator, but Changmin had said that at times he just appeared too... stoic.

After the end of the first week, Junsu decided to come clean to his friend. And though at first he had outright laughed in his face and told him about having such an overactive imagination, in the long run, Changmin was able to believe him. Junsu had given him proof. Though reluctantly, he showed him his crescent shaped eyes, nails and feline fangs, accompanied with his ability to heal fast and his cat-like reflexes and speed, and his capability to fight.

Two days after the confession, Changmin still decided they were friends and assured him that he’ll keep his secret.

And Junsu thought that the least he could do was give him something in return for his kindness and loyalty. Besides, he really needed a place to stay so he could continue looking after his still not waking up father and creator in the hospital.

“Don’t worry about it Junsu.” Changmin said, walking towards the club entrance. “Yoochun-hyung’s gonna love you.”
 
+++++

The night was cold. Yoochun blew a soft breath in the air as he puffed out his cigarette outside the club. An hour ago, Yunho had been officially added to the worker’s list and was said to start his work tomorrow night. The manager even had hinted about how Yunho could greatly be an asset to the club if only he would sleep with customers for extra cash.

Jaejoong literally snapped at the manager back there.

He was growling and hissing at his face, telling him through gritted teeth that there was no way he would allow Yunho to be on the escorting job. He would be on the cashier registrar just like how Jiyong used to be and that was about it.

It took Yoochun half an hour to calm down his fuming best friend. Jaejoong wasn't kidding. Mother hens were fierce.

Anyway, he was thankful that things simmered down and Jaejoong was eventually back to working in the kitchen.

Before he went out, Yoochun left Yunho on his spot by the corner away from everyone’s view, just so not to attract attention on himself. Jaejoong would surely have his head, if he left Yunho in the open exposed directly to hungry eyes.

Besides, Changmin went in a couple of minutes ago and Yoochun asked him for babysitting duty. It was a relief that the annoying maknae said yes and at the same time that he wasn’t pestering him anymore out on a date with his ‘friend.’

“Aish. I hate this job and I hate this place.” Yoochun mumbled under his breath as he took one long drag of the cigarette before throwing the to the ground and harshly stepped on it. The money he had in the bank still wasn’t enough for him to start his own business, so he had no choice but to endure the titude that was his night life. Yoochun ruffled his hair, sighing. “Just a little bit more Park Yoochun and you can take yours and Kim Jaejoong’s out of this place soon.”

All too suddenly, a van stopped right in front of Yoochun and several men filed out one after the other.

Yoochun raised an eyebrow, unfazed by the intimidating Men in Black.

Wait, MIB? Yoochun inwardly laughed. Wow, Jaejoong’s movie nights were rubbing off on him.

“Are you Park Yoochun?” One of the men asked.

Yoochun squinted at the dark shades perched on the other’s eyes. “Yeah that’s me. Who’s asking?”

“You have to come with us.”

Before Yoochun could even utter a single “What?” in response, he instantly felt strong hands on his mouth and a cloth who he was quick to realize was drenched in chloroform covering his face, practically choking him. What the hell?

Yoochun struggled. But the more movement he did, the more the chloroform was taking effect. Soon, he felt his body began to lose its will to move as he sagged against the figure pressed up behind him, and then the lights went out.

“Get him inside and give him a heavy dose of aphrodisiac. Boss said he wants him to be begging for it once we arrive.”
 
+++++

Junsu’s eyes were wide as he took in the scene unfolding at a distance. Park Yoochun, Changmin’s friend, was that man he saw at the hospital that day? With that other man? His father's son? He was… wait, what’s happening?

Junsu felt a breath caught in his throat as he watched the huddle of humans place something against Yoochun’s face and saw him loose consciousness right before his very eyes. They took him inside the car and quickly sped off.

As he stood there, alarms began ringing in his head. That man was being taken against his will, it was clear as day.

The instinct to help immediately kicked in.

Hissing, he took Changmin’s motorbike and made haste after the speeding car.

“Park Yoochun.” Junsu growled under his breath, hand closing tighter against the motorbike’s grip. “Hang in there.”