The rooftop

It All Started with A Dare

The day had finally arrived.  The day Luhan and you had agreed to meet up with each other.  And the day Luhan's plan 'I'm-Not-Gay' would take action.


As usual, Luhan and his friends sat in class and chatted like old women while waiting for the bell to ring.


“You know, I've noticed a  girl always around us whenever we're out of the classroom.  She's always staring at you, Luhan.  Make sure to be careful because she could be a stalker." Kris warned Luhan while taking his seat.


Sehun shuddered.  "Ugh, that's creepy."


Luhan thought for a while and then remained calmed, knowing that the 'creepy' girl was actually the cupid Miyoung.  "It's okay.  I know her." Luhan assured.


“Wow, a girl stalking hyung? You're so lucky.  I wouldn't mind having a stalker of my own.” Chanyeol joked, patting Luhan’s shoulder.


“Really, hyung?” Sehun said from the next table and moved forward, ignoring Chanyeol's stupid comment.


“You know her?” Kris looked at Luhan in the face worriedly.


“Not really, but we happened to talk.” Luhan said, not looking at anyone in the eyes.


“Talk about what?” Sehun asked curiously.


“Nothing really." Luhan replied, not wanting to say the truth.


To Luhan’s relief, the shrilly voice of the school bell sang.  The boys, except Luhan, all groaned in disappointment and went back to their seats, not bothering to question him anymore.


At first, Luhan decided he was going to give off a cool and calm impression on his first encounter with you.  But as the time for recess came closer and closer, he started to become very nervous.


During most of the History period, Luhan was practicing what to say in his mind instead of listening to the teacher rant on about World War II. 


Although he didn't really know how to talk to girls, he refused to ask his friends either.  No way would he let them know.  He didn't want his plan 'I'm-Not-Gay' to be ruined by his friends when it hasn't even been executed.


Finally the period was over and Luhan jumped a bit in  his seat when he heard the bell ring.


“What’s wrong, hyung?  You're acting all jumpy.” Sehun asked, noticing his actions.


“It's nothing." Luhan smiled in reassurance.  “Ah, I just remembered I’ve got something to do.  See you guys later!” Luhan excused himself and ran out of the classroom.


“Aren't you going to eat with us?" Sehun called out but knew his effort was futile when Luhan didn't bother to turn back.


“Well now we know who's going to win the most Terrible Actor of the year.  Something is definitely up." Kris said with an perfect eyebrow raised.


Luhan climbed up the stairs to the rooftop enthusiastically. He barged into the top floor and was relieved to see that nobody was there yet.

 

 


On the other hand, you couldn't stop babbling to your friends about how you actually talked to your long time crush.  Well, texted to be exact.  But you didn't care; you liked him more already.


You was more excited than nervous. You kept thanking your friends, unknown to the real situation that would unfold.


The girls walked up the stairs with you, hopping on every step in happiness.


“I’m so nervous. I don’t know what to say to him.  What if he doesn’t like me?”  You worriedly bit your lip.


"Did he reply back to all your texts?" Miyoung asked.  You slowly nodded your head. 


"Was he unfriendly?" Mirae butted in.


"Of course not." You answered with a shake of your head. 


"Then there's no reason for him to hate you, you peabrain.  And besides, he was the one who asked you to meet him.  That means something." Miyoung said with a smile.


You nodded your head to reassure yourself.  "You're right.  Maybe he won't like my looks but at least he might like my personality.  Do you think I should go and confess to him right on the spot?  Or just wait a bit longer?"


“You should wait.  You don't want to go and scare him.  You'll be like a lion pouncing on a oblivious mouse.” Mirae advised, hands in her jacket pocket.


“Yah!” You punched her arm.


“Don’t worry, just go with the flow."  Miyoung persuaded.


Finally, after what seemed like for hours, they arrived at the rooftop door. They all were excited, but mostly, it was Miyoung and Mirae.
 
"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is it." Miyoung shrieked.  Mirae shushed her cousin. "You're not even the one confessing.  No need to get all worked up."


You ignored the small bickering next to you and reached for the door knob, only to have your hand retreat back to your side.


"I don't know if I can do this.  Can I not see him today?  Tell him I'm sick or something." You begged and turned around to run away.


Fortunately, or unfortunately, your two friends caught you by the arms. 


“You aren't going anywhere." Mirae firmly said.


“Go and find your true love.” Miyoung cheered as she opened the door.  At that moment, Mirae gave you quite a hard push on the back.


“Ah!” You shouted as you lost your balance and went flat on the floor.  Mirae cheekily smiled and waved in apology and the two quickly escaped from the scene.


Red with embarrassment and slight anger, you slowly rose up to your feet.  And then you saw him.


There he sat on the bench, staring at the sky.  *This is it.  This is your only chance with Sehun.* You told yourself and suddenly your heart started beating 10 times faster.


You gave a small awkward cough in order to get his attention.  And the plan worked as Luhan turned to look at you.   Luhan abruptly stood up when he spotted you and cleared his throat.


But the closer he got to you, the more your bright smile began to dim until finally, your jaw dropped.


*What is happening right now?* You thought in disbelief.


Silence filled the air for a moment while you two stared at each other. Your mind was full of jumbled thoughts. *What’s that gay doing here? Where’s Sehun oppa? Why isn’t he here?  Did Miyoung & Mirae trick me?*


“Umm…  You must be Soo Yeon, right?" Luhan asked, awkwardly scratching his nose.


You blinked your big eyes in confusion. “Err…  Yes, Han Soo Yeon.  Do you know me?” You asked.


“We texted last night, remember?” Luhan said, tilting his head in confusion.


"Your two friends hooked us up." Luhan added.


Your eyes blinked once and then you bursted out laughing.  Luhan just stared at you, not knowing whether to laugh along or not.


Your laughing resided when you realized that a confused Luhan was still staring at you. 


"Yes, I know you now.  Actually, this is all a misunderstanding.  I guess my friends had mistaken you for another person.  You're not the person I actually wanted to meet.” You explained.


“Oh.” Was all Luhan could say.  He was shocked.  And here he thought at least one girl viewed him attractive as a man.  Luhan's heart submerged in disappointment, knowing that his plan 'I'm-Not-Gay' will never work now.


You saw how his shoulders hunched down and immediately felt sorry.  "I'm really sorry about this.  My friends tend to be a little out of control." 


You slightly bowed down in apology.  "We're good, right?" You asked him.  Luhan wanted to shout and say the opposite and force you to be part of his 'I'm-Not-Gay' plan but of course, he didn't.  And he instead softly nodded his head in approval.


You beamed, glad that there were no hard feelings between you two.  "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have two certain people to murder."  You joked and turned to walk away.


“W-Wait!"  Luhan called out.  You stopped in your tracks and turned to look at him.


Luhan scratched his head as if he was embarrassed.   “At least let me introduce myself. I’m Xi Luhan.” After introducing himself, he amiably grinned at you.


“I know.” You said.   Luhan looked at you in confusion and you in return gave him a smile.  "You know me?" He asked but was late because you were already gone.

 

 


"Ughhh." You groaned as you plopped down on your seat in the cafeteria.  In less than a second, Miyoung and Mirae were glued by your side.


"So, how was it?  Did you finally get your Romeo?" Miyoung squealed.  You just let out a big sigh and took out your lunch.


"Why the sigh?  Or could you be sighing because your heart is fluttering?" Mirae said with a gasp.  Miyoung looked at her cousin and they both started squealing like little piglets.


"Our plan is a success!  Woohoo!  We should definitely try opening up a matchmaking session." Miyoung suggested to which Mirae gave her approval.


You rolled your eyes and were going to break the news saying that it wasn’t the guy you liked and kill them but after seeing how excited your friends were, you just couldn't. 


And besides, you knew how hard they worked just for you to meet the 'man of your dreams'.  So all you did was keep quiet and chewed on your food.


*I'll just tell them later.* You mentally took note, blocking out the sounds of Miyoung and Mirae teasing you.


=====================================================================================================

Here you go my friends and readers! As usual, I apologise for the long wait. But I'm back for the holidays and this is my present for all of you guys out there anticipating for this update as well as my Christmas present to you guys. I really want  to wish you guys A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!! Mwah!