Request

It All Started with A Dare

You hummed a tune as you brushed your messy shoulder-length, dark brown hair and tied it into a ponytail.  You then changed into a simple white V-neck tee with jean shorts, and stood in front of a mirror.  After a moment of contemplating, you were satisfied with your outfit and decided to stick with it. 

I'm just dressing up because I can't meet him looking horrible.  And just what if Sehun tags along with Luhan?  You grew giddy at the thought, and made sure to apply a coat of lip gloss to your lips.   

You then glanced at your wrist watch and tried not to gasp.  "It's 9:30am!  I'm supposed to meet him at 10am." You reminded yourself, as you scurried around your room, grabbing your handbag and handphone.

Storming down the stairs, you reached to the front door of your house.  "I'm off uncle!" You hollered as you opened the door, and closed it behind you.  The smell of freshly mowed grass and bright sunshine immediately greeted you, as you closed your eyes and smiled in delight.

Today is such a beautiful day!  You were already feeling happy as you walked to the bus stop and took the bus.  After two stops, you exited the bus after bidding the bus driver goodbye.  Big, yellow letters that spelled out "Coffee Chu" came into your view, and you walked towards your destination.

You could hear the tinkling of bells as you entered the cafe.  One worker came up to you with a bright smile on her face.  "Good morning, how may I help you?" She asked. 

You took a quick check of your surroundings and didn't see Luhan anywhere.  "Umm, I'm actually supposed to meet up with a friend here.  But I'll just go ahead and order a drink." You told the waitress. 

"Alright, what would you like?" The waitress asked, with a huge smile still plastered on her face.  "An iced Americano please." You replied.  "Great, I will come to your table with your order soon." She said, and walked away. 

You, on the other hand, sat down at a table near the windows.  Please don't tell me he forgot about the meeting today.  Your shoulders sagged as you grew upset at the thought, but the familiar tinkling of bells caught your attention as you looked up.

There was a boy with pretty features, wearing white shorts and an orange striped tee, entering the shop.  He looked vaguely familiar to you, when he was scanning the shop for something... or someone.  Only then when the boy locked eyes with you, you realized that it was actually Luhan.

Wow, he looks so different.  It's probably because I always see him in our school's uniform.  Though he does look so handsome wearing casual clothing.  You mentally slapped yourself at the last statement.  Luhan, who was oblivious to the war inside your head, waved at you as he walked towards your table. 

You took a glance at your watch and it was exactly 10am.  Impressive.  You thought as you stood up and bowed a bit to Luhan once he reached the table.  Luhan bowed back to you, creating an awkward, formal atmosphere.

"Hi,  I'm sorry if you've been waiting for a long time." Luhan apologized as he sat across from you.  "No, you don't have to worry.  I just got here a bit early, since I was bored at home." You said with a smile.

Luhan smiled back at you too and was about to say something, until the same waitress, that took your order, came by to your table.  "Hello sir, what may I get for you today?" She asked.  And maybe it was just you, but you thought you saw a small twinkle in her eyes.

"I'll just have an Americano.  Iced, please." Luhan said.  "Okay, be right back with you guys." She said, as she twirled around and walked back to the counter.  

"That's weird.  I also ordered an iced Americano." You told Luhan in amusement.  "We must be compatible then." Luhan replied with a grin that may have had itched your.  What does he mean by us being compatible?  Gahh, get your mind out of the gutter!  You mentally slapped yourself for the second time that day.

"Maybe because I've always seen you at school wearing the school uniform, but you look really different today." Luhan said, a bit embarrassed.  You rose an eyebrow at his comment.  "Different?  Are you saying I look worse in school?"

Luhan immediately waved his hands in denial.  "No, it was a compliment.  You look nice." Luhan blurted out, all flustered.

You stifled a laugh at his actions as you smiled.  "I was just kidding.  But thanks.  You look good too!" You said, with a thumbs up, causing Luhan to crack a relieved smile.

This is not a date but why does it feel like one? You mentally slapped yourself for thinking that, and then decided to ask Luhan a question to prevent an awkward atmosphere. "So Luhan-shi", you started to say. Then Luhan quickly said "Oh, you can drop out the -shi when you call me. Sunbae sounds good too, you can call me sunbae if you'd like", he smiled. "That sounds better. You can also call me by my name then, omitting the -shi", you said and smiled. "Alright, Sooyeon." he said. You continued your contion, "So sunbae, can you now tell me why you wanted to meet up with me?"

Luhan froze in his seat, not expecting that question so soon. .His mind was in a frenzy as he tried think of the right words to say.  "Umm well, I need some help and I was wondering if you could help me." Luhan said with a nervous voice.

"C-Could you be my girlfriend?" Luhan continued, gulping down his saliva as soon as he finished his sentence. 

Could you be anymore straighforward and blunt, Luhan?  But then again, this is what I wanted to say anyways.  I don't love her, and obviously, she doesn't love me.  But that's what makes it perfect.  I don't have to experience having a clingy girlfriend, and after we break up, we both can have our happy endings, she with Sehun and me winning the bet. Luhan reassured himself.  Now all he was waiting for your answer.  And he was definitely hoping that it was a 'yes'.

Unfortunately, things did not go according to his plan.  You just sat there with your mouth open at the sudden proposal.  You finally got back to your senses as you said, "Excuse me?  You're kidding me, right?”

You started laughing awkwardly as you pointed your finger to Luhan.  "That was a funny joke!  Good one, sunbae."

Luhan inwardly groaned and felt the desire to bang his table. Even after he had mustered all up his courage to propose to you, Luhan felt upset and embarrassed when you misunderstood him.

At that moment, the waitress came over with your drinks and placed them on the table.  Luhan grabbed his drink and gulped it down in frustration.  He decided to take his chances as he pleaded again.

"I wasn't kidding.  I really need your help Sooyeon!" Luhan said, a frown marring his face. 

“You're actually serious?" You gaped at him.  "Why me and why now?  I mean, there must be a reason right?  I doubt you even like me because we barely even known each other." You continued on, confused and flustered.

Geez, how do I actually explain this?  Oh well, I might as well tell her the truth then.  Luhan took a deep breath and spilled out his story.

"Actually, you're right.  I mean, I like you but not in the romantic kind of way." Luhan confessed, and you scoffed in disbelief.  "It was just a dare from my friends.  They believed I could never get a girl to date me, and I wanted to prove them wrong.  Then I met you, and you seemed like a really nice girl." Luhan continued on.

You kind of felt bad now when he said that his friends believed he would never get a girlfriend when your friends are helping you get a boyfriend.  What kind of people would even say that to their own friends?  But you still couldn't accept Luhan's offer, especially because he was friends with Sehun, and you didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

"And besides, I don't want to get into a relationship with some random girl because I don't want any feelings to get involved.  I know that you like someone, and I can help you with that too." Luhan offered.

You choked on your drink as soon as Luhan said those words aloud, and you coughed uncontrollably.  "Are you okay?" Luhan asked in concern while handing you a napkin.

You snatched the napkin from him and covered your mouth with it to muffle your coughs.  As soon as your coughs subsided, you leaned closer to him and harshly whispered, "How do you know that I like someone?"

"It's kind of obvious from the way you look at Sehun and act around him." Luhan admitted with a meek smile.  Your face burned red in embarrassment.  Even Luhan knows about my feelings!  Why must Oh Sehun be so blind then?

Before you were about to talk to Luhan, another familiar voice called out the Chinese guy's name.

"Hyung?  You're here?" Sehun said in surprise as he walked towards your table.  Luhan's eyes widened at the abrupt appearance of Sehun. "Sehun?  What are you doing here?" 

You, on the other hand, immediately grew self-conscious of yourself, as you looked down to the table.

Oh Sehun?!  Oh my goodness, does my hair look okay?  Do I have anything in my teeth?  Is my stomach fat bulging out from my shirt?!  You were hyperventilating in the inside but managed to keep a cool expression on your face.

"I was just passing by until I saw you.  I actually went to your house because Xiumin hyung wanted to play soccer with us.  But here you are, enjoying yourself while I had to search for you under the hot scorching sun." Sehun complained until his eyes sat on you.

"A girl?" Sehun said in confusion.  You flinched in your seat as you slowly lifted your head to look at your crush.  And of course, he was looking as handsome as ever.  He looks even better wearing casual clothes.  Why does he have to be so heartthrobbing? You spazzed in your head.

"Hyung, you never told me you were seeing someone." Sehun spoke to Luhan, smiling at you.  Luhan held up his hands in defense.  "It's not what you're thinking!"  However, Sehun ignored him as he talked to you. 

"You're Han Sooyeon, right?  Do you mind if I join you guys?" Sehun asked.  Already screaming in your head because Sehun knew your name, you nodded your head as Sehun took the empty seat next to Luhan.  Luhan shut his eyes in frustration and let out a sigh.

"H-Hi Sehun-sshi, it's nice to see you." You stammered as you abruptly stood up to make a small bow to him.  Unfortunately, your clumsy genes took over your body as you accidentally knocked over your drink with your arm, spilling cold Americano on your outfit.

Oh crap. You thought as you stared at your ruined outfit.  "You okay?" Luhan worriedly asked, as he snatched a bunch of napkins and handed them over to you.  You bit your lip and felt your whole face getting red hot, as you took the napkins from Luhan and tried wiping the coffee off of your white shirt.

"This won't do.  I-I'll just go home." You told them when you discovered that the stain on your shirt wasn't going away.

"Already?" Sehun said, feeling a bit guilty because he somehow thought that he was the one that caused your drink to spill.

If only you knew how much I long to stay in your presence forever. You said in your mind.  "I'm sorry Sehun-shi." You apologized to Sehun and then turned to Luhan.

"That's all you had to say to me right?  Well, I'll take my leave now.  Bye Luhan sunbae." You bowed lightly to him.  "Sooyeon, just please reconsider what I said."  Luhan reminded softly.

You looked at him for a moment and then walked away from them, covering the area of your ruined tee with your bag.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong." Sehun apologized.  Luhan just sighed as he sipped his drink. 

Sehun bit his lip in guilt and looked at Luhan, and then at the seat you were just sitting.  Realization just hit Sehun as he turned to look at his hyung.  "Are you dating Han Sooyeon?  For real?!" Sehun asked Luhan, pointing an accusing finger to him.

"Whatever that you are thinking is not what you are thinking.  So quit it." Luhan warned his dongsaeng with his not so harsh voice.  "Okay okay, no need to get all defensive." Sehun muttered as he got up to order a drink.

Han Sooyeon...  Please say yes. Luhan wished in his head as he took another sip from his drink.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello every one of my readers! Yes you too. First of all. I would like to wish you guys a HAPPY VALENTINE's day! I want chocolates! haha JK. So Here's a chapter for you guys on this special day! Actually, I have been working on this chapter for a long time because many corrections had to be made. I thank my co-author yumi so much too for the edition she made cus this work woundn't come out like this without her. We worked together for this chap and we hope you guys enjoy! That's all for now, sorry for the late update tho OTL.