Reunion

It All Started with A Dare

 

It was Friday night and you were watching television when the phone rang.
“Hello?” you picked it up.
“Soo Yun?” a girl from the other line spoked.
“Yes who is it?” you asked wondering who it was.
"It's me! Mirae!" the girl shrieked! Another voice joined "and it's me, Miyoung!"
You gasped at the names and their voices, "Kang Mirae and Kang Miyoung?!" 
Those two cousins were your childhood besties who moved away to China 3 years ago, leaving you friendless. You've lost contact with them since then.
"Yeah! It's us! It's been a long time huh? How have you been?" Mirae greeted.
"Yeah. I'm fine. How about you guys? Oh it really has been a long time.", you responded delightly.
"Un huh, we're fine too! And guess what? We're back from China!" she exclaimed.
"Oh my god! Are you kidding?" You jumped.
"No. Really, we just arrived last night", Miyoung took turn to speak, "Can we meet tomorrow? We really can't wait to see you."
"Ah! Of course, let's meet. When and where?" you asked anxiously.
"Oh yea lets see...um", Miyoung turned and asked Mirae then spoke again, "Is the coffee shop near your house still running? That one we used to hang out at?" 
"Aha, you mean Coffee Chu? Yeah it's still running good", you smiled at the name, as you pictured the times you had spent with them together there.
"We'll meet there tomorrow then, at 9am. Got it? We've got still many things to unpack right now." 
"Sure...you still remember how to come?", you teased, "It's been some years, so I doubt you guys would be unfamiliar with the streets".
"Cheh, of course we know how to. Three years isn't as long as thirteen", Mirae shot back reminding you how long they've lived in Korea. You guys were friends since you were like 5 years old and soon enough became best friends.
"Haha, yeah, ok then see ya!" You both greeted each other and then hung up.
That night, you told your uncle about the call.  You anticipated to meet them.
 
The next morning, you woke up early and chose clothes as if you're on a date, but then you just put on a baggy pink t-shirt and blue jeans. You waited for 9 o'clock but then left earlier than that since you're so eager to meet your long aparted friends. You walked down the road as it's near your house. You arrived at that cafe` and the smell of coffee brushed through your nostrils. It felt as if it was your first time there. You sat by a glass window side. There were only a few people since's its weekend. You ordered 3 cups and waited.
Soon enough, two girls; one with black straight hair wore white panda shirt and brown shorts, another with reddish brown wavy hair wore a light pink thigh-length dress. You immediately sat up from your seat realising who they were. They approached and you hugged them for a couple of minutes.
"Gosh it's been a long time! You guys became prettier!" You spoke after sitting down at last.
"Yeah, it is! Thanks. How have you been?" Mirae, the one with black hair, asked. 
"What do you mean how have I been? I've been so lonely since you guys left.", you complained, then you smiled, "Back for the holidays?"
"Haha, yeah, us too, we miss you alot. You see, we couldn't contact cus we lost your no. while moving", Mirae made a cute face. "Ah, it's ok since we're seeing each other now. How long are you staying?"
"As long as we love to. We might call you everywhere we go so be prepared." Mirae grinned.
A waitress tended at our table and placed each cup of Cappucino, Latte, and Expresso. The three started talking alot, exchanging questions and answers since it was your first time again in three years.
"So, are you dating any guy Soo Yun?" Miyoung asked, taking a sip of her coffee. "Nah. Do I look like I have one?" you made a face. Mirae laughed, "Why not? You're so cute." 
"Haha, you call this cute?" you pointed at your face, "Well, no one even like me", you made a pitiful face and then raised a brow, "How about you guys? How many have you got?"
"Nah, I got only one, and soon we broke up. You know, pupy love", Mirae stated, "But as for, the girl here, it's countless", she pointed her tumb at Miyoung. "Yah, it's only 3 ok?" Miyoung blushed and beat her hand.
"3 even? Wow Miyoung ah, you're so popular", you raised thumb up at her, "tell me about it. Oh, I'm so curious about love lives, yours too Mirae".
"Haha, there's nothing interesting about my first. He's such a jerk! We dated for about a year, then he cheated on me over some ", Mirae said sounding angry. "Awh, thats sad. Don't worry my friend, I know you will find someone alot better than him", you encouraged her. Then you looked over to Miyoung and raised a brow, as if for her to say something .
"Keke, just like that. The first guy was just puppy love like Mirae. The second one was someone older, he left country so we ended up just like that. Oh, and Yixing, my current one was myst friend. He was so good too me all along, and I didn't realise that we like each other until I got mad at him for hanging out with another girl from our class. Then only he confessed", Miyoung blushed and smiled as she thought about him. 
"Awh, he must be a shy guy. That's well...sweet of him", you nodded.
"Yea. That's how ours goes. What about you? Any crush?" Miyoung asked.
Then you thought about Sehun, "Um...yea. From my school, my senior."
"And then?" Mirae asked curiously. "What and then? I like him and I guess he don't even know that I exist. Thats all." You sighed and gulped down your cup.
"Don't worry Soo Yun-ni. I believe the one you like won't be a jerk. We'll help you with it", Mirae patted your shoulder. You just laughed. Miyoung stared at someone who paid the bill and went out of cafe, then added "If it's someone that cute." You looked at her then at that someone. *Was it Luhan?* You thought.
She looked back at you and Miyoung, then declared,  "I dare say you will get a boyfriend soon, since I, I mean we, your Besties, are here to help you!" 
 
itOIzmKmU3kEE.png
 
Happy belated Valentine's day! I know this is a boring chap to build up the story but then thank you for reading. Better ones to comes in the next so look forward! Don't forget to subscribe, leave a comment and upvote if you want.