Chapter 5

I Became His...Girlfriend...

 

Recap:

Slowly he leaned down so our foreheads were touching, “Now, about that date...”

Ugh...not this sh** again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Key...” I ducked my head away from him so our faces weren't as near to each other and tried to push him away but his grip was too strong.

“Neh, jagiya?” He looked at me with his deep brown eyes and for a moment I stopped resisting, giving him the opportunity to move in closer and wrap his arms around to my lower back and waist tighter.

Ottoke!!??

I widened my eyes as he moved closer, secretly wishing the floor would eat me up. It's not that I don't want to kiss him...WAIT! I TAKE THAT BACK I DON'T WANT TO!!...right...? YES! NO! I MEAN YES, I DO NOT WANT TO!!

He inched his face closer and my eyes shut automatically...

“KIBUM! HANEUL! COME DOWN FOR A SNACK!!” Hearing his mothers calls he released his grip emitting a defeated sigh, I took this chance to make a run for it and swiftly locked my self in the bathroom.

Pressing my back up against the door I breathed heavily as the images of Key's face popped into my head.

“ARRRRGGGGHHH!” I screamed and ruffled my hair leaning over the sink. Staring at my reflection I noticed the deep shade of red that adorned my cheeks.

Flustered I quickly washed my face with shaky hands then returned my gaze to the mirror in front of me.

“HANEUL! WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT JUST NOW!!??” I hissed at myself in a whisper.

“GREAT NOW I'M TALKING TO MYSELF! AND THE LIST JUST KEEPS GOING! Shin Haneul, 18 years old, pathological liar, and mentally insane!” I glared at myself then continued the conversation in my head, at the risk of me being heard.

What do I do! What do I do!!...Ottokajo~ Ottokajo~...AHHH! THIS IS NOT THE TIME JANG GEUN SUK!!! Now seriously!! What do I do!!!

Now, about that date...”

Key's words replayed in my head.

“AHHH! Stupid! Why did I make such promises!!” I said out loud as there was a light knock on the door and I covered my mouth with my hands.

KNOCK KNOCK

“Who is it?” I said releasing my mouth, and trying to responding naturally.

“Haneul-ah are you okay in there? Anything wrong?” I heard Mrs. Kim ask from the other side of the door.

“Aniyo, I'm fine.” I lied.

“Arraso, come down stairs and have a snack when you're done.”

“Neh, I'll be out in a bit.”

Hearing her retreating foot steps I let out a sigh of relief.

“I'll deal with you later!” I wagged my finger at my reflection then quickly changed into the sweats I grabbed out of Mrs. Kim's closet.

Taking a few deep breaths I cautiously opened the door and peeped through the crack checking for any signs of Key.

Okay he's not here...Psh, why am I even scared.

Fully pushing the door wide open my eyes trailed over the place where me and Key were standing earlier.

...That's why I'm scared...

Standing in the open room I felt exposed without the door to shield me. I looked over the room one last time just for reassurance. Sure that there was no one there I lazily walked down the hall but when I reached the steps my nerves took over and my stomach twisted into knots. Unsure of what I was feeling I proceeded down the steps.

Reaching the last step I was attacked by a hug, and I already had a pretty good idea of who it was...well it could only be Key since I doubt his mom would greet me like this...

“Haneul-ah, come on you should eat something! You look so tired!” Key rushed me over to the dining table and forced me into a seat. In front of us on the table there was an assortment of snacks, from strawberries to sandwiches.

“Say ahh~” Key sang as he sat next to me.

Psh, I don't care what he thinks we are. Free food is free food!

“Ahhh~” he popped the grape into my mouth and I chewed on it happily while he smiled innocently at me.

Is this really the same Kibum from a few minutes ago?

“You know you're really bipolar.” I said looking him up and down.

“What?” He tilted his head cutely.

“See! That's what I mean!” I pointed to him and he straightened his head, “One minute you're Kibum the cute puppy, and then the next minute you turn into Key the beast! Just pick one personality and stick to it!” I huffed at him.

“What ever you say~” He placed a strawberry between his lip and leaned closer.

“FINE, FINE! I take it back!” I shoved the strawberry into his mouth fully and he smiled sweetly at me.

Ugh, has he always been this obnoxious? Why haven't I noticed it before...

Because you were never his girlfriend before...

SHUT UP!! LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

I shook my head from side to side.

“Che, if I'm bipolar then you must be possessed.” Key chuckled and placed a hand atop my head to stop me from moving it.

“What ever...” I grumbled and knocked his hand away. He laughed at my behaviour as he stuffed a bologna sandwich into my mouth, with half of it still hanging out. I took a bite and continued to grumble incoherently.

“Don't be angry Hanie~ I was only teasing!” he poked my sandwich filled check and I turned my head pretending to try and bite his finger off. Then turned my chair around.

“Come on! It was only a joke!” He said with a bit of agyeo in his voice, luckily I wasn't looking at him. Otherwise I would have totally fallen for it...

“Haneul-ah, where do you want to go on our date tomorrow??” He asked me knocking on the back of my chair.

“Who says we're going on a date tomorrow anyway?” I said angrily as I picked up a celery stick.

Why am I so snippy today?

Because you were never his girlfriend before...

I snapped the celery stick and threw it down on the table abruptly.

“I'm going to bed.” I stood up from my spot and rushed up the stairs and into Key's room locking the door behind me.

Trudging to his bed I threw myself down onto it and covered my face with my hands.

Suddenly there was a loud beeping.

Groaning from the sudden loud sound I sat up looking for the location of the sound.

While getting up I noticed a flashing from the corner of my eyes, coming from under the pillow.

Lifting the corner of it I noticed that it was Keys iPod.

It was flashing that he had new text from Jonghyun.

That's it! Jonghyun can help me!!!

I picked up the iPod ignoring the other message and quickly texed him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

JONGHYUN'S POV

 

Sitting on my bed I sat there frozen from reading Key's last text.

 

What do you mean you remember??!!!

AND WHY NOT TELL HANEUL??!!

 

I waited for his reply but I realized I had texted his iPod instead of his phone.

 

OMG!! JONGHYUN HELP ME!! I'TS ME, HANEUL!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT KEY TT~TT

 

O____o

I SHOULD TELL HER!!!!

 

HANEUL! I KNOW WHY KEY THINKS YOU'RE HIS GIRLFRIEND! TODAY WHEN HE CALLED YOU TO THE PARK HE WAS GOING TO-

 

Before I could type the rest of my response she sent me a message.

 

I have to go now, but please help me somehow!!!

 

Aish...” I looked down and typed in the rest.

 

HANEUL! I KNOW WHY KEY THINKS YOU'RE HIS GIRLFRIEND! TODAY WHEN HE CALLED YOU TO THE PARK HE WAS GOING TO CONFESS! SO HE THOUGHT YOU WERE DATING!!!!

 

I deleted the message deciding not to send it in case Key sees in instead, since I really don't want to die if he does se it...

-sigh- This is going to be one heck of a story to tell...” I shook my head and went back to staring at the ceiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So hows it going?? Anything disappoint you? Anything make you happy? Anything at all?

I'm not sure if I've mentioned but this story is going to be kind of short :/ I'm not sure exatly how thong it will be but it won't be extremely long...sorry if that makes you sad :( and if that makes you happy...well then...Rude... :P

Tell me if you have any suggestions, or if there is anything I need to improve on ^-^ I appreciate it!