Chapter 1

I Became His...Girlfriend...

 

Hello! Lets not waste any time an get right to the point, because I honestly have no patience. Well my name is Shin Haneul, I'm 18 years old, I go to Seoul University as of this fall, and My best Friend is Kim Kibum aka Key. And speaking of that slow poke let me tell you about the interesting morning I had today.

Like a usual teenager would do I was planning to sleep until 12Pm today, but...

RING DING DONG RING DING DONG

I shot up like a rocket and looked around the room, “WHOA, WHAT IS THAT!! WHAT?! WHERE?! HUH!...Oh...” I slouched in bed and groggily rubbed my eyes.

RING DING DONG RING DI-

“I'm coming, I'm coming...SHUT UP!!!”

I groaned and picked up my phone in a huff.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT!” I whined angrily into the phone.

“Uhmm, is this a bad time...I could call you back...” My best friend replied on the other end meekly, obviously startled by my 'lovely morning greeting'...Yeah that's what it was...

“Oh, Bummie! No, its fine. So what's up?” I got up from bed and lazily opened the curtains before closing them again to shield myself from the brightness.

“Oh...Um well...the thing is...I...urmm...I think I...” He stuttered while I made signals for him to continue although he couldn't see them.

“Yah, Key! Whats with you, just say it already!” I was getting tired of hearing him mumble into to the phone aimlessly. Plus I was kind of thrown off because usually when he calls me he's such a Diva...Hmmm...

“Hey, are you feeling okay...You sound different...and like a normal person...”

“Wh- NO I DON- URGH! Fine then! Just meet at the park in 15minutes...And don't be late!” With that he hung up.

I smiled and hung up the phone. That's more like it.

 

...Well yeah that's the story of how I ended up waiting at the park in the freezing cold!

Shivering I pulled my phone out and checked the time,

“Aish, Kim Kibum...*shiver* Ahhh, so cold!!!” I wrapped my arms around myself hoping it would make me the slightest bit warmer. Right now in -15 degrees I'd be happy if my temperature raised even one half a degree!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After waiting in the snowy park for 15minutes past our planned meeting I decided that was enough!!

Angrily I marcher over to the swings and sat down clutching the metal chain in one gloved hand, and dialing that butthole's number in the other.

“The person you are trying to reach is curr-”

“URGH!” I pounded on the touch screen typing up a very, very, very aggressive text message to that Kim KiBUMFACE...lool I crack myself up...NO! Focus!

I looked back down at the screen and pressed send with full force.

Almost immediately I received a phone call.

“YAH! KIM KIBUM HOW DARE YOU NOT ANSWER MY PHONE CALLS!!!”

“Excuse me ma’am, may I please speak to Shin Haneul?”

I blinked a couple of times hearing the unknown women speaking to me.

“Yes. This is she, may I know who is speaking?” I asked politely, since I was slightly embarrassed by what just happened.

“This is Nurse Lee from the Seoul national hospital. I'm sorry to say this but your friend has been in an accident.”

Accident...accident...

“Miss? Miss are you still there?”

I shook my head out of my daze and felt a sudden surge of energy rush trough me. Dropping my phone onto the ground I ran at full speed down the sidewalk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Disoriented and clumsily you entered a cab, “Hospital...National...Seoul...GO!!!” The cab driver sped up realizing you were in no state to be argued with.

Arriving at the hospital you shoved a few bills in the drivers face and jetted off to the entrance.

Once you entered the building everything felt like it was going in slow motion, like everything seemed so unreal.

How did he end up in here? He doesn't belong here? He's fine! He doesn't belong...

“Miss! Miss! Someone get a wheel chair! Stay...Me...Miss!” A nurse shouted to you but the words were fading in and out as you looked around with wide eyes unable to make sense of what other people were saying, let alone say anything yourself.

For a second your vision was clear and you saw Mrs. Kim standing in front of you. Pushing away everyone else you tumbled into her arms unable to stand on your own and fell unconscious.